16770 22 2020-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Un4Seen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1074646 ft
Romania

Hi All!

The Mavic Mini specs state that the remote controller of the Mini can accomodate a phone with a maximum width of 160 mm. My question is how strict this limit is? Can it be stretched a bit? I happen to have a Samsung Glaxy A70 phone with a width of 163 mm. Will it still fit into the remote controller? If not, what can I do to comfortably hold in my hands both the remote and the phone while they are connected to each other via cable?

Thanks!
2020-1-12
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

These should work for a bigger phone

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ ... 0-b5bd-669bb69a8d89

2020-1-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Un4Seen. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. That measurement posted by DJI was based on all the DJI mobile devices that they have tested and recommended for the DJI Mavic Mini and it's remote controller. In addition, to be able to attach the bigger mobile device you have you will be needing a mobile device / tablet holder to be able to attach the device to the remote controller. For reference I will be posting a link where in you can check the said device holder ( https://store.dji.com/product/pg ... t-v2&position=2 ) which can be purchased at the DJI Online Store. Additionally, when using a bigger mobile device, the included cable may not be long enough to connect. In this case, you can use a Micro USB OTG cable ( https://store.dji.com/product/dj ... t-v2&position=0 ), which can also be purchased at the DJI Online Store.
2020-1-12
Use props
Un4Seen
lvl.2
Romania

Thank you for your responses! I'll wait for my Mavic Mini to arrive, I'm still hoping that those 3 mm won't matter that much and I can spare the cost of the large phone adapter... But if not, then at least there is a solution.
2020-1-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Un4Seen Posted at 1-12 10:21
Thank you for your responses! I'll wait for my Mavic Mini to arrive, I'm still hoping that those 3 mm won't matter that much and I can spare the cost of the large phone adapter... But if not, then at least there is a solution.

You are very much welcome Un4Seen and thank you for purchasing the DJI Mavic Mini. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with your DJI Mavic Mini or with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you.
2020-1-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

lannes Posted at 1-12 09:43
These should work for a bigger phone

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000449378014.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000014.1.74a0272djwNWH8&gps-id=pcDetailBottomMoreOtherSeller&scm=1007.13338.128125.0&scm_id=1007.13338.128125.0&scm-url=1007.13338.128125.0&pvid=a9fd8e91-61a2-45a0-b5bd-669bb69a8d89

Those extenders are often 3d printed parts, so if you know someone with a printer get them to make you a set.
2020-1-13
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 1-13 02:21
Those extenders are often 3d printed parts, so if you know someone with a printer get them to make you a set.

I didn't find them on Thingiverse or Yeggi
2020-1-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

lannes Posted at 1-13 02:36
I didn't find them on Thingiverse or Yeggi

Heres one version - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2075708
2020-1-13
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Good find, but I think having the device closer to the RC jaws is better
But it's an option the OP can consider if their phone does not fit

2020-1-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

lannes Posted at 1-13 03:05
Good find, but I think having the device closer to the RC jaws is better
But it's an option the OP can consider if there phone does not fit

There was one that was more identical to the ones you posted,  I actually bought a set which came 3d printed thus I looked at the time and they were listed on thingiverse for a Sony phone.  If I'd thought about it before hand I could have printed my own.
2020-1-13
Use props
Un4Seen
lvl.2
Romania

So I received my Mavic Mini  today. As I wrote earlier, I was hoping that even though my phone is 3mm wider than the Mavic Mini controller can accomodate according to specs (163 mm phone, controller can take 160 mm phones), I was hoping that 3mm won't be such a big deal and the phone will still fit. Well, that hope was quickly shattered today. The controller won't allow even one extra millimeter.

Must say I'm a bit disappointed, as I did not know this when I bought the Mini. I didn't even think that this is a possibility because my cheaper drone has a controller design which allows basically phones of any size. DJI's phone holder design is not the best, but if they want to stick with it they should take into account that today's phones are quite large. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy A70, which, in my opinion, is not that large really and yet it does not fit.

The problem is not necessarily that I have to spend the extra money on an adapter. The problem is that it will take days and days for that adapter to arrive (or months if I get it from AliExpress). What do I do until then? So the Mavic Mini experience is starting with a bitter taste in my mouth...
2020-1-14
Use props
Un4Seen
lvl.2
Romania

Ok... scratch that. I gathered my courage and unfolded the remote controller's phone holder "wings" even more. And eventually my phone fit between them. But I still don't like the remote's design in the sense that those two phone holder "wings" are attached to the remote by some plastic arms which feel like they could break if you try to force them a bit and attaching a big phone does require to force them. If you do it gently and with care, there probably won't be a problem, but it makes attaching the phone a whole time consuming ritual. I prefer my cheaper drone's remote controller design which allows me to snap the phone onto it in one second, regardless how big the phone is.
2020-1-14
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

I use a Mi Pad 4, width = 200 mm. It does (just) fit betweeen the clamps of a MM RC.

cheers
JJB
2020-1-14
Use props
Un4Seen
lvl.2
Romania

This is what I mean:

Never mind that the phone is on the top of the controller, not on the bottom, it could be done just as well on the bottom. The point is that the elastic snap mechanism allows the phone to be mounted on the controller very quickly. And yes, it does not hold the phone quite as securely in place, but it holds it just fine.
2020-1-14
Use props
marcind
New

Poland

Hello everyone this is my Samsung Note 10 Lite 163,7mm. Fits well for me.

2020-5-16
Use props
GhostyTheGamer
New

United States

Oooh boy, can't wait to see if my Galaxy Z Flip with a massive 167.3mm unfolded can fit, if not I have the clip extenders but it will be interesting nonetheless.
2020-11-24
Use props
elfpet
lvl.1

Sweden

Hello!

Can anyone here also answer whether thickness matters? Because my Samsung S21 is in an original shell (Clear View).
10-11 mm thick

Regards
Petter
2022-2-22
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

error  error  error  [ sorry ]
2022-2-22
Use props
elfpet
lvl.1

Sweden

JJB* Posted at 2-22 04:03
error  error  error  [ sorry ]

Thanks for the reply, I'll have to think about looking at the Mini 2 perhaps?
2022-2-22
Use props
UKMoose
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Fo ... ef7&redirect=mobileThese are the ones I bought, cheap and definitely not 3d printed.
2022-2-22
Use props
elfpet
lvl.1

Sweden

Those look really good :-)
Then maybe I can order an SE as I originally intended
2022-2-22
Use props
UKMoose
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

elfpet Posted at 2-22 06:08
Those look really good :-)
Then maybe I can order an SE as I originally intended

My phone is 160mm by 70mm without the adapters it doesn't feel safe, but with them all is good, I usually use an 8 inch tablet, but to save faffing about for a quick flight I fit the adapter's.
2022-2-22
Use props
elfpet
lvl.1

Sweden

Thank you for your reply, it feels like the accessory makes it complete. Just one more question. Regarding the range, is Wifi only okay? I'm wondering if I should still go for the mini 2 as that control seems better?
2022-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules