Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Canyons
951 16 2020-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davidms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 428186 ft
Canada

Had the mini out for a walk a few days ago through the Henderson Canyon (Coachella Valley). Did quite well, just wish it had active tracking

Uploaded in 4k:

Enjoy!
2020-1-12
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

pretty good video but yo, that music (doesn't fit)
2020-1-12
Use props
davidms
lvl.4
Canada

lol now I'll have to go and change it
2020-1-12
Use props
fansa029aa8c
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568340 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don't know if you changed the music but if you did you need to change it again!
2020-1-12
Use props
davidms
lvl.4
Canada

you guys are killing me
2020-1-12
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

Speaking of music for these videos:  Where do you folks get your public domain music?

I posted a video a few years ago and used some classical music that I got from a site that I actually paid, and which was supposed to be just for this purpose.  All went well for a few months, and then YouTube claimed that it was a copyright violation, and required me to remove it.  So I did, leaving the video silent.  But when I checked recently, the music was back again, as if they changed their mind again, and restored it for me, without my consent.  Very odd!

Because of that, I'm not sure I want to put ANY music on any video I post ever again.  Particularly with well-known classical music, one performance will sound very similar to another.  I'm not sure how YouTube's algorithms search for and scan for copyright violations, but they got it wrong with the one and only time I've tried to add music to a video, so from my experience, it's 100% failure.  
2020-1-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video.
I usually make my own music.
Not the best there is, but good enough for me.
2020-1-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice flying.
2020-1-13
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Sigmo Posted at 1-12 17:54
Speaking of music for these videos:  Where do you folks get your public domain music?

I posted a video a few years ago and used some classical music that I got from a site that I actually paid, and which was supposed to be just for this purpose.  All went well for a few months, and then YouTube claimed that it was a copyright violation, and required me to remove it.  So I did, leaving the video silent.  But when I checked recently, the music was back again, as if they changed their mind again, and restored it for me, without my consent.  Very odd!

Best is to find creative commons stuff, free music archive, etc. Most only ask you to mention the author or include a link in the description. Alternatively ask a friend and return the favor.
I compose my music myself so no issues there
2020-1-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice flying and excellent video.  If viewers don't like the music then they can simply mute their speakers.  LOL
2020-1-13
Use props
davidms
lvl.4
Canada

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-13 05:50
Nice flying and excellent video.  If viewers don't like the music then they can simply mute their speakers.  LOL

lol true DowntownRDB thanks for the support
2020-1-13
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

InspektorGadjet Posted at 1-13 02:50
Best is to find creative commons stuff, free music archive, etc. Most only ask you to mention the author or include a link in the description. Alternatively ask a friend and return the favor.
I compose my music myself so no issues there

You don't want to hear any music I write and perform!  I guess I could drag out my old french horn and play that solo.  No.  I won't subject anyone to that.  

I'll have to look into it further.  I looked a LOT before finding the place where I got the music I did use before, and was shocked when YouTube's algorithms accused me of copyright violation after I'd gone to a lot of trouble to pay for and use music that was sold to me as being public domain.

I suspect the problem is that for popular classical performances, many of them can sound very similar, so their automated scanning mistook the performance I used for a performance by another orchestra.  You'd think an automated comparison, though, would be able to discern the many subtle differences between any two performances.  I was really disappointed, but didn't want to fight it.

2020-1-13
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

Sigmo Posted at 1-13 18:39
You don't want to hear any music I write and perform!  I guess I could drag out my old french horn and play that solo.  No.  I won't subject anyone to that.  

I'll have to look into it further.  I looked a LOT before finding the place where I got the music I did use before, and was shocked when YouTube's algorithms accused me of copyright violation after I'd gone to a lot of trouble to pay for and use music that was sold to me as being public domain.

Yeah copyright is crazy, firstly even if a piece of music is public domain, most performances aren't, so if an orchestra sounds very similar in tone and tempo to a performance which is copy righted, then you are in trouble.

Secondly, even if you are a composer, chances are your copy right is owned by your record label and not you, this has happened to me, so if music is released through a label or distributor you may find YouTube ads adverts, and tells you you are violating copy rights.

Thirdly I made a video where I performed using a DIY synthesizer, which created only random noises, and recieved a message from YouTube saying that it was Britney Spears... I answered back LMAO, and eventually they took the advert off.

The algorithm sucks big time.
2020-1-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

InspektorGadjet Posted at 1-14 01:56
Yeah copyright is crazy, firstly even if a piece of music is public domain, most performances aren't, so if an orchestra sounds very similar in tone and tempo to a performance which is copy righted, then you are in trouble.

Secondly, even if you are a composer, chances are your copy right is owned by your record label and not you, this has happened to me, so if music is released through a label or distributor you may find YouTube ads adverts, and tells you you are violating copy rights.

InspektorGadget = Britney Spears  

LOL, your secret is out.  J/K

You gotta love those YouTube algorithms.
2020-1-14
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

InspektorGadjet Posted at 1-14 01:56

That's a hoot!  I'm sure Britney would be so proud to know that YouTube equates her music with the result of a random noise generator!

I might have to look into that, though.  Maybe write some code to evaluate some characteristics of the actual video and produce a MIDI file based on that.  At least the resulting "music" would be synchronized to the video every time!

2020-1-14
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-14 02:35
InspektorGadget = Britney Spears  

LOL, your secret is out.  J/K

lol the secret is out!
Now I find it funny at the time it was outrageous lol
This was the video:

2020-1-14
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

Sigmo Posted at 1-14 02:50
That's a hoot!  I'm sure Britney would be so proud to know that YouTube equates her music with the result of a random noise generator!

I might have to look into that, though.  Maybe write some code to evaluate some characteristics of the actual video and produce a MIDI file based on that.  At least the resulting "music" would be synchronized to the video every time!

That would be interesting, I think Midi files could get too close to the original file though.
Britney wouldn't be too happy but again I wouldn't mind making a remix with her lol
2020-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules