DJI Assistant 2 Incompatible with Mac OS Catalina a Disgrace
48537 134 2020-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans36e8d118
lvl.1

Sweden

Hi, if you right click on your trackpad and click open rather than open with. You should be able to install the software. Hope it helps.
2021-2-25
Use props
fansbd858161
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34229 ft
United States

MDSimpson Posted at 2020-1-30 17:54
I just downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 Mavic version, it installed without issue on my 2009 MacPro running OS Catalina (high spec machine, 64Gb RAM, dual 3.3Ghz CPU's, 8Gb Radeon RX560 GPU, 512Gb SSD). However, the Mavic Mini wont connect. Even Unplugging the device, reboot it and reconnecting within 20s. I know it is connected as the drive comes up in Finder. I have turned off, Google Sync backup, so it no longer opens when I connect a USB device. I have also renamed the Mini in Disk Manager as there was no name. Tried rebooting it all, after all these setting changes, still nothing. What else can we do to get this working, please? FYI, the drone will not turn on with the USB cabled connected..

Do you have a iMac with an extra monitor?
2021-3-18
Use props
fans6afc250f
New
United States

Can you help me with this as well?
2021-3-21
Use props
IndianaDrones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 674852 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2020-2-24 20:08
Since so may customers have the same problem with the Mac OS Catalina, I will post the workaround in public.
Please click Quit when the Mac pops up HoRNDIS is not compatible, exit the installation of the driver, then download the driver installation package below separately, and then double-click the PKG file to install it after decompression. After the installation is successful, it should be used normally.
https://github.com/jwise/HoRNDIS/files/3719733/HoRNDIS-9.2-catalina_install.pkg.zip

I've tried this approach and others as well. The Assistant still does NOT work. I've bought a half dozen DJI drones and now can't get the new FPV unit to work because of this problem and a faulty RC. I am so frustrated with DJI. We need solutions, not ineffective workarounds, much less workarounds that obviate basic security protections.
2021-3-29
Use props
TimAZ1
New
Flight distance : 118320 ft
United States

I very new to this and have a MAVIC Air.  I now have a message “recalibrate the visual system Use DJI Assis’t ion Mac”.  I’m lost??
I have downloaded two “pkg’s” . (have no idea which is correct)
DJI+Assistant+2+1.2.4.pkg
DJI+Assistant+2+For+Mavic+2.0.14.pkg
I had to open Security in Sys Pref and allowed to open …Other items started to pop up but I installed  "DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic.app" on my iMac … a window popped up and reads:  If the product you purchase is Mavic Mini, follow the steps to connect to DJI Assistant2:
1. Disconnect the device from the computer
2. Restart device
3. Connect the device to the computer within 20s.
A “Confirm” button appears …I do not have a Mavic Mini?  What am I doing wrong.
Confused … help would be appreciated
First time to Log In to the forum...
Tks,
tim
2021-5-11
Use props
DronePinhead
lvl.1

Italy

I have it on Big Sur with no problems
2021-5-12
Use props
dinotoro
New

Canada

I can't believe how much time I've wasted trying to connect DJI Assistant on Mac Catalina and not working. Typical Chinese BS.
2021-7-10
Use props
fans8b6385e2
New

Sri Lanka

i have the same problem, makes zero sense why i wouldn’t be able to download this  on one of the most widely used os systems. please pm me whatever download i need
2021-8-10
Use props
fans8b6385e2
New

Sri Lanka

dinotoro Posted at 7-10 20:23
I can't believe how much time I've wasted trying to connect DJI Assistant on Mac Catalina and not working. Typical Chinese BS.

couldn’t agree more
2021-8-10
Use props
fansbe08cd97
New

United States

I am having the same problem with Assistant 2 on IoS11.3. What can I do to fix it and when?
2021-9-9
Use props
djiuser_ygjYU4I0JGKb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2635 ft
United States

Why is DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer) still incompatible with current versions of Mac OS? Is this going to be fixed? Ever?
2022-4-7
Use props
Steele702
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3876775 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well so much for Assistant 2 and Macs..... I can't get ANYTHING to connect to this from a Spark to an Inspire 2.  Well, the Assistant 2 doesn't even show up on the mac even after it reports successful install.  *shrug*... Guess I'll be trading in my fleet for Skydio's....
2022-10-4
Use props
djiuser_TW81ekNGyWeC
New

United States

Will DJI assistant 2 ever be updated to use for later Mac OS’s? I have a mavic 2 pro and am unable to calibrate the vision sensors. It’s kinda ridiculous that I have seen this message on the DJI app that it is not comparable with any OS later than 11. Guess you all just forgot.
2022-11-2
Use props
djiuser_Wzbp4ALVI9mX
New

Germany

Hello! I want to install controller driver on my mac by seems like HoRNDIS driver is out of the date for new mac os x version.

So what I tried:
spctl kext-consent disable
spctl kext-consent add 54GTj2AU36
spctl kext-consent enable

Also I enabled everything following this guide!

support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/mchl768f7291/mac

But I'm still getting such an error

'A program tried to load new system extension(s) signed by “Joshua Wise” that need to be updated by the developer.'

There is no possibility to allow something in security setting when installing or after it.
What should I do then? Please help! I want to use my DJI controller in simulator but I have no idea how to fix it!

Apple M2 Max, mac os x 13.2 (22D49)
2023-2-10
Use props
fansbba15033
lvl.1

United Kingdom

djiuser_Wzbp4ALVI9mX Posted at 2-10 02:22
Hello! I want to install controller driver on my mac by seems like HoRNDIS driver is out of the date for new mac os x version.

So what I tried:

As written above,  if you right click the DJI Assistant 2 .pkg file,  choose 'open with' from the menu and choose 'Installer' You should be able to complete the install. my o/s Ventura 13.2.1
2023-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules