Dji please replenish tb48 stocks
3353 38 2020-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

There is a shortage all over the world for the inspire 1's tb48 battery.

Philippines has no more stock, please manufacture more.
2020-1-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Same in the UK too,  no one has them.
2020-1-13
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Philippines

Yup dji has not manufactured tb48s since 2016
2020-1-13
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

if and when they do they will likely be $250 US in America
2020-1-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, I was able to coordinate this concern to our designated department and we are still waiting for the update. I will keep you posted once we hear from them. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Cheers!
2020-1-16
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Philippines

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-16 13:30
Hi, I was able to coordinate this concern to our designated department and we are still waiting for the update. I will keep you posted once we hear from them. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Cheers!

Thank you, and improvement won't be a bad idea if battery mah capacity would have increased with the same size and price.
2020-1-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fansd845e849 Posted at 1-17 19:42
Thank you, and improvement won't be a bad idea if battery mah capacity would have increased with the same size and price.

You're welcome and thank you for your patience!
2020-1-19
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Philippines

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-19 14:22
You're welcome and thank you for your patience!

Sure, we'll be patient because we know dji will make them
2020-1-20
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Because the Inspire 1 isn't that great of a platform unless you are doing thermals.
2020-1-20
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Philippines

AntDX316 Posted at 1-20 22:51
Because the Inspire 1 isn't that great of a platform unless you are doing thermals.
Camera wise the x5r micro 4/3 quality pretty much is timeless and interchangeable.
Go look at x5r and x7 comparison on youtube.

Aircraft wise sure it doesn't have obstacle avoidance, but that feature is in the real world actually obsolete and irrelevant because- dji's obstacle avoidance tech can make your drone malfunction and crash in little, complex or tight obstacles or low light conditions. Simply It is basically useless in and in the long run can wreck your drone too. You're better off adapting your flying without using those.

The flight time is definitely on the shorter side at 15+min with the x5r but it still is sufficient. But sure with the inspire 2 20+mins is what you could say is enough.

However both inspire 2 and inspire 1 aircraft wise- will be dinosaurs on the next generation of dji drones with the more powerful processors and algorithims that will take flight autonomy to true drone autonomy. Such as for obstacle avoidance.
We'll see it end of 2020 or early 2021.
2020-1-20
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansd845e849 Posted at 1-20 23:01
Camera wise the x5r micro 4/3 quality pretty much is timeless and interchangeable.
Go look at x5r and x7 comparison on youtube.

I understand but the size comparison, I don't feel as comfortable flying over sensitive objects as I do w/ the M2.  Even w/ the P4Pv2.0 it can feel quite dangerous but it gets it done.

The Inspire 1 is so big and so loud that it's on another level.  It stopped traffic with its presence.  Look at traffic slow down.  I was messing w/ the feed MBps or something to see if it mattered which is why it was stationary.  I didn't know it was happening until I examined the footage that people were slowing down for no reason.

Autonomy would be crazy.  If Skydio and DJI merge it would be an insane combo.  Skydio's website doesn't even have their user accounts setup.  DJI can still buy them out I think.  What do you mean by timeless and interchangeable?
2020-1-20
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Philippines

AntDX316 Posted at 1-20 23:26
I understand but the size comparison, I don't feel as comfortable flying over sensitive objects as I do w/ the M2.  Even w/ the P4Pv2.0 it can feel quite dangerous but it gets it done.

The Inspire 1 is so big and so loud that it's on another level.  It stopped traffic with its presence.  Look at traffic slow down.  I was messing w/ the feed MBps or something to see if it mattered which is why it was stationary.  I didn't know it was happening until I examined the footage that people were slowing down for no reason.
For sure people will notice the inspire series much more because of the size and sound. They'll think it's a professional rig capable of spying with massive zoom... or military grade stuff.. it does not like like a toy but for serious stuff. While the small mavics definitely lowkey and stealthy.

You could use ANY 4/3 lens with with the inspire 1 x5/r or inspire 2 x5s.
Such as power zoom panasonic's 45-175mm lens which is only about 80 grams heavier than your stock lens.
Or any new release 4/3 lens you could need or want as long as they're lightweight.

The quality of dynamic range for the x5r and x7 are very similar in the youtube video comparison.

You'll always be getting the very best performance out of 4/3 in low light conditions for both inspire 1 and 2.
4/3 is still the best for low light aerial photography and it'll take time before it gets outdated which makes the saying timeless.
2020-1-21
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansd845e849 Posted at 1-21 00:29
For sure people will notice the inspire series much more because of the size and sound. They'll think it's a professional rig capable of spying with massive zoom... or military grade stuff.. it does not like like a toy but for serious stuff. While the small mavics definitely lowkey and stealthy.

You could use ANY 4/3 lens with with the inspire 1 x5/r or inspire 2 x5s.

You can put a 175mm lens on the Inspire 1 and zoom on demand like the M2Z??

I've sold the setup with the thermals.  I'm like, if I need to zoom I can just get closer w/ the M2Z and zoom in.  The Inspire 1 range is pretty bad.

Inspire 2 only?  It seems too heavy.

2020-1-21
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Philippines

AntDX316 Posted at 1-21 09:22

I've sold the setup with the thermals.  I'm like, if I need to zoom I can just get closer w/ the M2Z and zoom in.  The Inspire 1 range is pretty bad.
Yup the i1 range is bad because of the latest firmware 1.11, the guy who's in charge of making fw 1.11 thought it would be a good idea to downgrade the radio and receiver of the inspire 1 for their own imagined reasons, maybe i1 sales were still better than i2- but that's because of they are in two different price categories making one affordable and the other not affordable. Or because of that one case of inspire 1 used as bomb in the middle east because their products did come there such as phantom 3 in the same era. Or simply regulations on transmission But they didn't do the same downgrade on other dji drone firmwares.

The original inspire 1 firmwares allowed full power and the potential to the radio goes all the way to 7.6miles bone stock- old range record vids confirm that. That's how good lightbridge actually is on its potential 7.6 miles bone stock. If you downgrade to 1.8 it's a lot better. But the first few firmware was indeed the best but the radio fw was deleted.
2020-1-21
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Philippines

AntDX316 Posted at 1-21 09:22

Yes a lightweight lens panasonic power zoom 45-175mm works on both inspire 1 and 2 with x5/r or x5s. Has to be power zoom lens though so you can zoom in real time when flying. And it has to be lightweight like the lumix panasonics.

Long zoom is a good feature for photography but not for videography.
Basically anything above 50mm will start to increase in jello.
2020-1-21
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansd845e849 Posted at 1-21 17:26
Yes a lightweight lens panasonic power zoom 45-175mm works on both inspire 1 and 2 with x5/r or x5s. Has to be power zoom lens though so you can zoom in real time when flying. And it has to be lightweight like the lumix panasonics.

Long zoom is a good feature for photography but not for videography.

yeah, the Jello isn't good.  With the M2Z it doesn't jello at all.
2020-1-21
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Philippines

AntDX316 Posted at 1-21 18:16
yeah, the Jello isn't good.  With the M2Z it doesn't jello at all.
That's because mavic only zooms a little.
If you want something for zoom and thermal, matrice 210 can have both z30 and thermal cam at the same time.
But if you're not a professional user then there's no point of having it just like your inspire 1 thermal
2020-1-21
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansd845e849 Posted at 1-21 18:21
That's because mavic only zooms a little.
If you want something for zoom and thermal, matrice 210 can have both z30 and thermal cam at the same time.
But if you're not a professional user then there's no point of having it just like your inspire 1 thermal

Mavic 2 Zoom does 96mm on digital and 48mm on optical, no jello.  I had a job where I had to be up 3 stories with like 26mph winds by the Beach flying like 5 feet away to see where the damage leak was.  The M2Z performed beautifully.

I heard the Z30 and XT2 cannot be used together.  You have to use an XT and Z30 for both to work but I'm not sure.  If I have lots of money I'd probably do it but there really is no need for them.  That stuff are for the professionals who do top-level inspections all the time.  I wonder if those refineries that blew up were the cause of drones malfunctioning or they blew up from the lack of drone scanning intervals to catch things before they became too late or both.

Have you seen the new Autel Evo II with 8K and FLIR Boson thermals?  Seems better than the XT2.  Imo, I think it's stupid to not have RGB optical zoom support.  Having zoom capabilities in the air means you can get close and punch-in w/o risking getting super close, get microbursted, and now the drone is on the ground because it crashes into the structure.  I understand how most of the drone world doesn't really care too much about the zoom but the stuff I've seen it do is amazing.  I just doesn't look like a premium drone on paper compared to the M2P but the zoom takes the droning capability to another level.
2020-1-21
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Philippines

AntDX316 Posted at 1-21 18:27
Mavic 2 Zoom does 96mm on digital and 48mm on optical, no jello.  I had a job where I had to be up 3 stories with like 26mph winds by the Beach flying like 5 feet away to see where the damage leak was.  The M2Z performed beautifully.

I heard the Z30 and XT2 cannot be used together.  You have to use an XT and Z30 for both to work but I'm not sure.  If I have lots of money I'd probably do it but there really is no need for them.  That stuff are for the professionals who do top-level inspections all the time.  I wonder if those refineries that blew up were the cause of drones malfunctioning or they blew up from the lack of drone scanning intervals to catch things before they became too late or both.
A drone weighing 8-9lbs like inspire 2 won't hurt anything on the refinery plants even at max velocity of free fall.

It would be a drone with bombs that would.. and ofcourse countries are rich enough to get funded as well for military grade drones.
Commercial drones could still do damage though if it's payloaded entirely with explosives.

The better autel for photography and videography would be the 1 inch sensor 6k 60 fps and 120fps with 4k. You can only upload 4k most online applications. So 8k half inch sensor is not as good as we thought. Half inch sensors do bad on lowlight, whilst 1 inch sensors do the average ok job on low light.

8k with a huge sensor like the x7 though would be good at pro film making.
2020-1-21
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansd845e849 Posted at 1-21 18:35
A drone weighing 8-9lbs like inspire 2 won't hurt anything on the refinery plants even at max velocity of free fall.

It would be a drone with bombs that would.. and ofcourse countries are rich enough to get funded as well for military grade drones.

The Matrice not the Inspire 2.

The aerial footage on this video is on another level.  No idea what was used but definitely beyond X7.
2020-1-21
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Philippines

AntDX316 Posted at 1-21 19:51
The Matrice not the Inspire 2.

The aerial footage on this video is on another level.  No idea what was used but definitely beyond X7.
That's an 80k usd cam lol.
monstro 8k. You could use the same canon lens on the inspire but it's too heavy, gimbal overload
2020-1-21
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansd845e849 Posted at 1-21 20:00
That's an 80k usd cam lol.
monstro 8k. You could use the same canon lens on the inspire but it's too heavy, gimbal overload

Red Monstro Vista Vision Sensor
Canon 16-35mm III  
Canon 70-200mm II
MOVI PRO
Final Cut and DaVinci Resolve

oh yeah

https://www.red.com/dsmc2

They don't say what aerial platform.  I find filming and editing to take so much work.

2020-1-21
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Philippines

AntDX316 Posted at 1-21 20:03
Red Monstro Vista Vision Sensor
Canon 16-35mm III  
Canon 70-200mm II
They didn't use a drone to film that, most likely a huge gimbal for the monstro.
2020-1-21
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansd845e849 Posted at 1-21 21:38
They didn't use a drone to film that, most likely a huge gimbal for the monstro.

This one has more aerial scenes.  It's hard to believe of it being so good but this is what true 8K should look like not how the Autel Evo II makes it look.
2020-1-21
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Philippines

AntDX316 Posted at 1-21 21:39
This one has more aerial scenes.  It's hard to believe of it being so good but this is what true 8K should look like not how the Autel Evo II makes it look.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1-Jmq7BLFE

The 8k autel 2 only has half inch sensor.

The 6k autel 2 with 1 inch sensor will still be the pro version for photographers and videographers.
2020-1-22
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansd845e849 Posted at 1-22 07:34
The 8k autel 2 only has half inch sensor.

The 6k autel 2 with 1 inch sensor will still be the pro version for photographers and videographers.

Of course but look at the results.  They aren't that much better than what DJI offers but the people are uploading 8K footages in 4K so we don't really know.
2020-1-22
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Philippines

AntDX316 Posted at 1-22 11:16
Of course but look at the results.  They aren't that much better than what DJI offers but the people are uploading 8K footages in 4K so we don't really know.

In low light half inch will perform badly in light details

The one inch performs enough on low light.

But even in daylight half inch has less details
Just like mavic2z and mavic2p
2020-1-22
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

It is hard to believe how much ignorance, misinformation, naivety and plain rubbish a single thread can contain. Two kids trying to impress each other with "expert" knowledge of the issue both have very slight idea about. One is salivating over 8K hype, another is trying to compare 1" Mavic's camera sensor with RED's technology. Grow up, boys ... And what all this brainstorming has to do with TB48 batteries shortage ?
2020-1-22
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Philippines

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 1-22 18:24
It is hard to believe how much ignorance, misinformation, naivety and plain rubbish a single thread can contain. Two kids trying to impress each other with "expert" knowledge of the issue both have very slight idea about. One is salivating over 8K hype, another is trying to compare 1" Mavic's camera sensor with RED technology. Grow up, boys ... And what all this brainstorming has to do with TB48 batteries shortage ?
I'm just schooling him.

Btw drooling would be the appropriate word for your expression of salivating haha
I guess I'm schooling you too

Just kidding, all set aside though.. it's quite interesting, Ant loves using thermal for hobby use.
2020-1-22
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansd845e849 Posted at 1-22 17:07
In low light half inch will perform badly in light details

The one inch performs enough on low light.

Someone said the technique was they were splitting the pixel 4-ways instead of having real 1 single pixel for each.
2020-1-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fansd845e849 Posted at 1-20 19:40
Sure, we'll be patient because we know dji will make them

Thank you!
2020-1-23
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I don't think the Inspire 1 is worth using anymore tbh.  The flight time is pretty garbage and the sensors aren't too good.  The range is also bad.
2020-1-28
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Philippines

AntDX316 Posted at 1-28 21:40
I don't think the Inspire 1 is worth using anymore tbh.  The flight time is pretty garbage and the sensors aren't too good.  The range is also bad.

The range is very bad indeed because of fw 1.11. But I'm using 1.8, able to do 5 miles one way stock. Too bad you already sold yours. 4/3 sensor still the best for lowlight.
And yeah the flight time is the main dis but 15+min is still enough for me. I know the current dji drones have it at 20+min which makes it more than enough.
2020-1-28
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansd845e849 Posted at 1-28 22:23
The range is very bad indeed because of fw 1.11. But I'm using 1.8, able to do 5 miles one way stock. Too bad you already sold yours. 4/3 sensor still the best for lowlight.
And yeah the flight time is the main dis but 15+min is still enough for me. I know the current dji drones have it at 20+min which makes it more than enough.

I had the XT but sold it to the one who sold me his XT.  I got an immaculate Inspire 1 Pro (X3) with a lot of additions from someone else.  It just sits  I thought I can do 65mph+ but w/o a tailwind it won't do it.  The best you can get is 40mph but when you start venturing far out the signal goes to s*.  With the M2 you can keep going w/o the signal disappearing.  Sometimes I forgot about all the issues that could take place if something were to go wrong.  I just take-off and go and come back like I did nothing.
2020-1-28
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Philippines

AntDX316 Posted at 1-28 22:26
I had the XT but sold it to the one who sold me his XT.  I got an immaculate Inspire 1 Pro (X3) with a lot of additions from someone else.  It just sits  I thought I can do 65mph+ but w/o a tailwind it won't do it.  The best you can get is 40mph but when you start venturing far out the signal goes to s*.  With the M2 you can keep going w/o the signal disappearing.  Sometimes I forgot about all the issues that could take place if something were to go wrong.  I just take-off and go and come back like I did nothing.
Try atti mode to go 50mph no wind.
I know in gps mode top speed is 40mph.
But if the battery is real old like over 100 cycles and maybe not well taken cared of.
Flight time could be really low even with x3. The propulsion output will be heavily limited by software as well.
2020-1-28
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansd845e849 Posted at 1-28 22:59
Try atti mode to go 50mph no wind.
I know in gps mode top speed is 40mph.
But if the battery is real old like over 100 cycles and maybe not well taken cared of.

I did, the drone is gone now.  The most it got up to was 29.0 m/s.  It was cool to shoot at very high-speeds w/ no props in view but it was more of a burdened luxury than a necessity as I don't really care too much about making film anymore.  Flying too fast sideways also doesn't look right plus if anything goes wrong in the air w/ a drone of that size and speed, it would cause massive damage.  The M2 can do 20.0 m/s like it's nothing and like the Inspire, if there is high winds the speed is crippled.  The Inspire was limited to 13 m/s when the batteries were cold and/or the winds are too high.

A very stable platform of course and if nothing else existed then it would still be great.  Imo, if it wasn't for the speed and the XT, I think the M2 is more ideal.
2020-1-28
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Philippines

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-23 14:42
Thank you!

Hey can we get an update if the department in charge is considering this or still deciding or have already decided? Thank you for the honesty and support. There are many 1inspire 1 users looking to buy tb48 batts right now and tomorrow.
2020-2-4
Use props
Filip O
lvl.1

Denmark

Dear DJI, will you make TB48 again, or a new type of a battery for the Inspire 1? They are out of stock here in Denmark. Also, the 1345T & 1360T are not to find.
2020-12-30
Use props
Morrisson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

mixchief Posted at 2020-1-14 22:30
if and when they do they will likely be $250 US in America

I'm currently paying $350 a battery........OMG.........
2022-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules