15047 35 2020-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Checki
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17110 ft
Germany

Hi
I asked the DJI Support, but not getting an answer yet.
I installed the latest firmware update for the smart controller few days ago, via the internal update. As you know, the first batch was buggy, so they released a new firmware (with the same number, idiots!) a few days after. My controller says its up to date (hence the same version numbers, thanks again DJI), so i have to use the DJI Assistant.
I have Windows 10, my PC works great. I also tested it on my laptop, same thing. DJI Assistant (latest version) doesnt see the connected smart controller, but it can see and update my Mavic 2, so its not my PC, its not my Laptop, its something with the Smart controller. I did a factory reset on the controller, tried to toggle USB Debug mode, did choose MTP transfer, connected first controller, then software, turned it off and on, and so on, nothing helps.
But i want the latest firmware, and thats the only way i can do this.
Any ideas?
And by the way: Is there ANY way to do a COMPLETE factory reset? If i do the reset in the controller, my app settings are still there, so it´s not doing a proper factory reset...
Thank you in advance
2020-1-13
Use props
Bristol9
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have the same problem. The SC was recognised before I updated to v01.00.0650. Now my PC is reporting it as an unrecognised USB  standard. I’ve only tried connecting via the USB-C port on the SC. Don’t have  regular USB cable to try the USB-A port.
2020-1-14
Use props
Checki
lvl.2
Germany

The controller itsself is recognised by the computer, but not by dji assistant!
2020-1-14
Use props
Bristol9
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I just tried plugging the controller into my Mac computer and it works fine. Tried It on the PC again and nothing. Seems to be a Windows 10 problem..
2020-1-14
Use props
Checki
lvl.2
Germany

It did work before, well, sometimes at least. Its not a windows problem, dji cant do their software right!
2020-1-14
Use props
Bristol9
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Yes, I agree, it’s not a Windows problem. It’s a DJI problem with Windows. Thankfully I have a Mac alternative.
2020-1-14
Use props
Checki
lvl.2
Germany

hm, good idea, i just go somewhere and use a mac
2020-1-14
Use props
Bristol9
lvl.2
United Kingdom

For info, I was able to upgrade on Windows but the SC was issuing warning messages. That’s when I discovered that I couldn’t do any more on Windows. The latest firmware appears to have  messed up the USB compatibility for PC. I ended up reverting to the previous firmware version before updating again. As far as I can tell it now works OK but I haven’t tried flying with it yet!
2020-1-14
Use props
Gary Blake
lvl.2
Flight distance : 76050 ft
Canada

Bristol9 Posted at 1-14 13:25
For info, I was able to upgrade on Windows but the SC was issuing warning messages. That’s when I discovered that I couldn’t do any more on Windows. The latest firmware appears to have  messed up the USB compatibility for PC. I ended up reverting to the previous firmware version before updating again. As far as I can tell it now works OK but I haven’t tried flying with it yet!

Exact same issue here. After installing the "fixed" version of  v01.00.0650 on the Mac are you able to get the Smart Controller connected on your Windows machine?
2020-1-14
Use props
Bristol9
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Gary Blake Posted at 1-14 15:34
Exact same issue here. After installing the "fixed" version of  v01.00.0650 on the Mac are you able to get the Smart Controller connected on your Windows machine?

No. Windows doesn’t want to know it. Now only works on Mac following the update.
2020-1-14
Use props
Gary Blake
lvl.2
Canada

Bristol9 Posted at 1-14 17:10
No. Windows doesn’t want to know it. Now only works on Mac following the update.

Thanks for the reply.

Not what I wanted to hear though, just drove over to my son's and tried on his Mac with no connection there either. Doesn't even show up as a connected device on his older Mac.

Looks like I am going to have to return this one and try another - will shut off updates first thing though, this appears to be a let the purchaser be the beta tester scenario from everything I have been reading in the forums. Won't try any updates until I see if and when users report that the issue is fixed
2020-1-14
Use props
Bristol9
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Gary Blake Posted at 1-14 17:27
Thanks for the reply.

Not what I wanted to hear though, just drove over to my son's and tried on his Mac with no connection there either. Doesn't even show up as a connected device on his older Mac.

Are you definitely using the correct version of DJI Assistant? The Smart Controller will only interface with Assistant 2 for Mavic (see link below). Also be sure to remove the SD card if there is one installed.

https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads ... ant-dji-2-for-mavic
2020-1-15
Use props
Bristol9
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Just tried another way and now have it working on my Windows 10 PC after reinstalling  “DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic” but this time I selected the .zip update option. I cannot confirm if this is a guaranteed  solution . I don’t want to mess with anything now that it seems to be working but it’s got to be worth trying!
2020-1-15
Use props
Gary Blake
lvl.2
Canada

Bristol9 Posted at 1-15 02:40
Are you definitely using the correct version of DJI Assistant? The Smart Controller will only interface with Assistant 2 for Mavic (see link below). Also be sure to remove the SD card if there is one installed.

https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic

Yes, definitely got the right and latest version. It works fine for the actual aircraft firmware, just won't see the controller even though I can see the controller as rm500 in "my computer" and can open up folders and access files on bot the internal and SD storage
2020-1-15
Use props
Gary Blake
lvl.2
Canada

Bristol9 Posted at 1-15 05:00
Just tried another way and now have it working on my Windows 10 PC after reinstalling  “DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic” but this time I selected the .zip update option. I cannot confirm if this is a guaranteed  solution . I don’t want to mess with anything now that it seems to be working but it’s got to be worth trying!

Already tried that, first time I downloaded the exe version. Uninstalled that and download the .zip version and re-installed Assistant 2 for Mavic, still no luck. Did one more uninstall/install as well same negative results.
2020-1-15
Use props
Bristol9
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Gary Blake Posted at 1-15 07:55
Already tried that, first time I downloaded the exe version. Uninstalled that and download the .zip version and re-installed Assistant 2 for Mavic, still no luck. Did one more uninstall/install as well same negative results.

Sorry that you’re not having any luck. There’s no doubt this firmware is flakey. Since telling you my good news I tried reconnecting, which can only be described as hit and miss. I’m assuming you can’t update via wifi because DJI stupidly decided not to change the version number. That’s where my problem started. I activated the reset option but that doesn’t really do anything with the firmware. All I can suggest is that you just keep trying with Assistant 2 and hopefully you will strike lucky at some point.
2020-1-15
Use props
Checki
lvl.2
Germany

I can confirm, smart controller was updated through assistant with apple. I have some older mac os installed, but I guess it also works with newer mac is versions.
So go to some friends using apple products to install the latest firmware on your smart controller

At least now I have the "new" 650, not the old one.

Why would you give different versions the same version numbers??? Come on DJI, that's fucking stupid!!
2020-1-15
Use props
Gary Blake
lvl.2
Canada

Bristol9 Posted at 1-15 08:43
Sorry that you’re not having any luck. There’s no doubt this firmware is flakey. Since telling you my good news I tried reconnecting, which can only be described as hit and miss. I’m assuming you can’t update via wifi because DJI stupidly decided not to change the version number. That’s where my problem started. I activated the reset option but that doesn’t really do anything with the firmware. All I can suggest is that you just keep trying with Assistant 2 and hopefully you will strike lucky at some point.

Yes wifi is out because of the lack of version number change.  I have tried everything under the sun - see post here:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=206920&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D582%26typeid%3D582

Now communicating with the store where I purchased it requesting an exchange. Brand new unit, never been flown. Will be looking for a stable connection on the new unit and if that doesn't happen will not connect or attempt to update. There is nothing of interest to me in the updated firmware. Hopefully DJI will fix this abysmal firmware update software.

Don't like the try and get lucky version of firmware upgrades - really don't want to go through this again on future versions.
2020-1-15
Use props
Checki
lvl.2
Germany

Use a mac. Done.
2020-1-15
Use props
Gary Blake
lvl.2
Canada

Glad it worked for you. Did not work for mine, mac wouldn't even recognize that the SC was attached much less connect to it.

Seems to be just as many people having trouble with mac's as windows when you read through a lot of these posts.
2020-1-21
Use props
BLACKWELLDCCOMCAST.NET
lvl.1
United States

Gary Blake Posted at 1-21 08:33
Glad it worked for you. Did not work for mine, mac wouldn't even recognize that the SC was attached much less connect to it.

Seems to be just as many people having trouble with mac's as windows when you read through a lot of these posts.

Hello to all. I have a new Mac with the Catalina OS. I could not download the DJI Assistant 2 on it to use with the Smart Controller I just purchased for my Mavic 2. Has anyone, or DJI come up with a computer safe download of the DJI Assistant 2 for Mac Catalina OS or even a Windows 10 OS? I have a Mac with Catalina but am willing to buy a cheap laptop running Windows 10 if that will get the software loaded & recognize my controller. I am currently "down" from flying until I can get this loaded on a computer. Any help would be highly appreciated.
2020-2-22
Use props
Llamalu1gmail.com
lvl.1

United States

doesn't work with a Mac, DJI assist doesn't show the controller, it's annoying to get the message that needs to update when there's nothing that can't be done.
2020-6-28
Use props
David Sarnevitz
New
Flight distance : 602100 ft
United States

I am having absolutely NO LUCK on my end here. I have the latest Assistant sofwtare (V2.0.14) and my SC software is (v01.00.0700) ad its trying to update to the newer SC software (V01.00.0820) and I cannot get anything to work. I have a macbook pro retina 15 inch Mid 2015; and I have used dji assistant in the past but its always been very buggy.
My mac OS is Catalina (V10.15.6) and now I cannot get anything to work. I will connect everything to controller and into the USB on the laptop, then turn on the SC and then startup the Dji Assistant. I cannot get past the start screen asking me to connect to the SC while it has already been plugged in. I have tried every available port on my mac, and NOTHING works. COME ON DJI your software updates are notoriously AWFUL for EXACTLY this reason.

You also cannot download via the SC directly because it times out every chance I try, always saying there is a network error. It has to be done via the DJI assistant but that is clearly not happening either. So there is no way for me to update the SC and fly my drone. The bugginess of these updates is making me want to trash my drone and go to another brand. This is a continous cycle of bad updates and horrible response to the problems that arise. I cannot get anything to work now and it is constantly telling me I need to update the SC software.

Please someone help me here or DJI, yall need to step up your game here. I have logged a lot of flight hours and this buggy software is just KILLING the usability of these drones. It really is annoying how so many others are having these kinds of issues across the board and there is no apparent fixes for these problems yet. Please fix this.
2020-9-23
Use props
B. Dirk Westfall
New

United States

I've been trying to update the smart controller to the version .0802 and I keep getting network errors on the wireless download and Assistant 2 won't recognise the controller.  It does fine with the drone (Mavic 2 Pro).  So, what to do to get Assistant 2 to recognise the controller.  I'm on a Mac.  
2020-9-24
Use props
Chop Armstrong
lvl.1

United Kingdom

B. Dirk Westfall Posted at 9-24 05:36
I've been trying to update the smart controller to the version .0802 and I keep getting network errors on the wireless download and Assistant 2 won't recognise the controller.  It does fine with the drone (Mavic 2 Pro).  So, what to do to get Assistant 2 to recognise the controller.  I'm on a Mac.

Hi
I have just managed to sucsessfully update my Smart Controller to version V01.00.0820 using DJI Assistant 2, I also had same problem where windows 10 would not see my SC  I remedied this by simply unplugging my usb lead from the pc (usb 3) and re plugging into a usb2 and windows saw the SC and all went smoothly after this.
Billy Kyle also has a video on this subject here..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za-ppuuZZlE&ab_channel=BillyKyle
Good Luck.
2020-9-24
Use props
upa
New
Lithuania

To anyone struggling with updating their SC via DJI assistant 2 for Mavic:

If your PC does not seem to be detecting the SC, and only charging it, instead of the prompt message on SC - use the cable that came with the SC.
Last night I used "any" usb-c cable I found laying around, and spent 4 hours trying to figure out why my Windows 10 PC does not see the SC. I tried USB 2.0 ports, tried to plug it in endlessly to no avail.
This morning however I read there are usb-c cables that can be used for charging only, and there are cables that can be used for data too. So the OEM cable works flawlessly - plugged that thing in - and the V01.00.0820 is chooching in as I am typing this.
2020-9-25
Use props
Carlosclarkmd
New
United States

(RESOLVED)  I had the same issues and tried different PC's, MAC, factory reset of the Smart Controller, etc.  Finally I read somewhere to use the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and this worked!  Was able to connect to Windows 10PC and update my firmware.  I had been using just the DJI assistant 2.  You need the one for Mavic.
2020-9-26
Use props
boater16
lvl.2
Flight distance : 374698 ft
United States

Bristol9 Posted at 1-14 12:04
I just tried plugging the controller into my Mac computer and it works fine. Tried It on the PC again and nothing. Seems to be a Windows 10 problem..

I have a Mac and it won't recognize my smart controller the opposite of your problem
2020-9-26
Use props
djiuser_y4IRSRZTXpZ0
New

United States

Carlosclarkmd Posted at 9-26 10:05
(RESOLVED)  I had the same issues and tried different PC's, MAC, factory reset of the Smart Controller, etc.  Finally I read somewhere to use the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and this worked!  Was able to connect to Windows 10PC and update my firmware.  I had been using just the DJI assistant 2.  You need the one for Mavic.

Download the Assistant 2 program for MAVIC.  It works FINE.  Version 2.014 I believe it is NOT 2.05
2020-9-27
Use props
djiuser_M3tUeKlVTQn7
lvl.2
United States

It sure sounds like the dji assistant is not working.

There have been issues with that before. Try forgetting about your update and search for that.
2020-9-30
Use props
bikedavidw55
New

Canada

Bristol9 Posted at 1-14 12:04
I just tried plugging the controller into my Mac computer and it works fine. Tried It on the PC again and nothing. Seems to be a Windows 10 problem..

DJI Assistant does not see my Controller on my MacBook since I updated to latest version of Catalina OS a week ago. Did see it before this so assume DJI will need to update Assistant 2 again. Never ending circle.
2020-10-1
Use props
PolyMedic
lvl.1

United States

Chop Armstrong Posted at 9-24 09:17
Hi
I have just managed to sucsessfully update my Smart Controller to version V01.00.0820 using DJI Assistant 2, I also had same problem where windows 10 would not see my SC  I remedied this by simply unplugging my usb lead from the pc (usb 3) and re plugging into a usb2 and windows saw the SC and all went smoothly after this.
Billy Kyle also has a video on this subject here..

May be an older thread but I tried this and it worked like a charm
2020-10-13
Use props
djiuser_y2sG7ZMUpeeD
New

United Kingdom

Switch developer options on in smart controller then switch on USB debug as when updating software this gets switched off for some reason now assistant 2 will recognise smart controller
2020-12-15
Use props
djiuser_Gys1fyaypwWH
lvl.1

United States

Bristol9 Posted at 2020-1-15 02:40
Are you definitely using the correct version of DJI Assistant? The Smart Controller will only interface with Assistant 2 for Mavic (see link below). Also be sure to remove the SD card if there is one installed.

it works,  removing SD card ,thanks a lot
2021-2-11
Use props
peterc46
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1048517 ft
United Kingdom

Bristol9 Posted at 2020-1-15 05:00
Just tried another way and now have it working on my Windows 10 PC after reinstalling  “DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic” but this time I selected the .zip update option. I cannot confirm if this is a guaranteed  solution . I don’t want to mess with anything now that it seems to be working but it’s got to be worth trying!

just worked for me too, Thanks
2021-5-31
Use props
jtschnel
New

United States

Bristol9 Posted at 2020-1-15 02:40

@Bristol9, Thank you for that link.  I've been trying for about an hour, thinking I was downloading the correct version of Assistant 2.  The link you provided worked and the update in is progress.  I was so excited to see the Smart Controller Icon in the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic app that I didn't finish reading where you said to take out the SD card.  Since its in the midst of updating I figured I better not take it out now.  Hopefully, all will be well.  Again, thanks for posting that link.

Jim
2021-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules