P4P+ Mapbox is blank, how can I get maps to show
11742 24 2020-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GrahamLN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 337953 ft
United Kingdom

HI I have just bought a Phantom P4P+ to replace another. I have intiated the machine, the DJIGO4 App is Ver 4.2.6 but I am not getting any data in the Mapbox  window. I  dont see any menus for  downloading maps. How can I get  maps in this please? Will it automatically load once I get a good GPS connection or do I have to make a selection somewhere please?
THanks
2020-1-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this inquiry. For reference, I will be posting a DJI Forum thread on " How to cache maps " ( https://forum.dji.com/thread-170364-1-1.html ). Hope this can help you. Thank you.
2020-1-13
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Before you fly you may use the phones/tab´s own map to dload the map if the mobile is cellular. Else use a other mobile as WIFI spot
2020-1-13
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-13 08:38
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this inquiry. For reference, I will be posting a DJI Forum thread on " How to cache maps " ( https://forum.dji.com/thread-170364-1-1.html ). Hope this can help you. Thank you.

HI Thank for the input. Unfortunately, there is not a Cache facility for the offline maps in the menu on my machine ( The P4P+ with App ver 4.2.6 - the display is incorporated in the controller ) So, it  would seem impossible to get a map up, I am  still unsure if I can get a real  time map up  whilst flying as the weather here is atrocious at  the moment
2020-1-13
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
United Kingdom

GrahamLN Posted at 1-13 09:06
HI Thank for the input. Unfortunately, there is not a Cache facility for the offline maps in the menu on my machine ( The P4P+ with App ver 4.2.6 - the display is incorporated in the controller ) So, it  would seem impossible to get a map up, I am  still unsure if I can get a real  time map up  whilst flying as the weather here is atrocious at  the moment

Hooray, I have just  upgraded to GO4 App Ver 4.3.14. I now have a map!!
2020-1-13
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Peterx Posted at 1-13 08:58
Before you fly you may use the phones/tab´s own map to dload the map if the mobile is cellular. Else use a other mobile as WIFI spot

Many thanks. I have just upgraded the app which now gives me the maps again , phew!
2020-1-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

GrahamLN Posted at 1-13 09:51
Many thanks. I have just upgraded the app which now gives me the maps again , phew!

Hi. Thank you for the update. I am happy to know that the issue was resolved after the software update. If you have further inquiry and concern, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help. Thank you.
2020-1-13
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Good to hear and save flights .
2020-1-14
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Peterx Posted at 1-14 08:17
Good to hear and save flights .

Good to resolve issues. An interesting fact or two though which I have noticed today. That is the apparent difference in the App facilities offered for the Mavic Pro 2 and the Phantom 4Pro÷. Basically, starting the same app for the Mavic 2 we see a picture of a Mavic at the Enter page. At the top right corner of this page is a menu which, when clicked on, gives an option for downloading offline maps. Great and useful. Also I noted an option for Find my Drone  this I have not seen since the days of the Phantom 2. I have never used it but always thought it could be invaluable. Now, the Phantom 4 App does not seem to have a screen with a phantom picture and thus no menu giving access to offline maps and also absolutely no reference to Find my Drone. Is this embedded elsewhere? Useful resource if it is there somewhere and if it isnt, why not? I did eventually find an offline maps facility for the Phantom this is found on the Enter Screen top left icons right hand option. Dji, any comments?
2020-1-14
Use props
djiuser_lL0rG29xmG9O
New
Flight distance : 37559 ft

United States

GrahamLN Posted at 1-13 09:41
Hooray, I have just  upgraded to GO4 App Ver 4.3.14. I now have a map!!

I have the same situation how did you upgrade the DJI GO 4 App?
2020-12-29
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
United Kingdom

djiuser_lL0rG29xmG9O Posted at 12-29 13:28
I have the same situation how did you upgrade the DJI GO 4 App?

HI, Sorry this was so  long ago, I cannot remember the method I  used.  Perhaps if you  foilow the link in an earlier part of the thread or go to the DJI support page and carry out the firmware downloads / updates that will sort it? I am sure that whatever I  did was not complicated as I  do  not profess great knowledge on such matters! Sorry  not to be any more help.
2020-12-30
Use props
JohannCK
lvl.1

Brazil

Please help me, hhow did u solved it
2021-4-23
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
United Kingdom

JohannCK Posted at 4-23 11:52
Please help me, hhow did u solved it

HI, As mentioned earlier, I cannot remember the procedure I used but clearly, I downloaded and installed the latest version of the GO4 App which you cando from the DJI website -  downloads. This seemed to  fix the issue.
The download was not a difficult one neither was the installation. Do this from within the App if you can. If you check the Firmwares installed in the App then it should tell you if it is up to date, if not then I think it will offer you the update.
I am away from  my Phantom at the moment and so cannot give specifcs on the location in the menus of this option but from memory it is one of the last options in the menu list. Sorry I cant be any more helpful at  the moment.Hope this helps though.
2021-4-23
Use props
Im913mostwanted
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4068829 ft
United States

GrahamLN Posted at 2020-1-13 09:51

How did you go about updating maps via the built in sh*t display...? Lol.

Plz help. Stuck on v4.2.6. Can’t seem to update the app. Nor get maps.

Grrr
2021-5-18
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Im913mostwanted Posted at 5-18 15:07
How did you go about updating maps via the built in sh*t display...? Lol.

Plz help. Stuck on v4.2.6. Can’t seem to update the app. Nor get maps.

Sorry so long ago I cant remember - pls see my responses to similar enquiries. The best I can suggest is get to the browser then log into the dji page and downloads then carry out a download of the latest version or even reload the version you have. You get to the browser by swiping down from the top of the screen I think then you will see other options. Hope this helps a bit.!
2021-5-18
Use props
Im913mostwanted
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4068829 ft
United States

GrahamLN Posted at 5-18 22:49
Sorry so long ago I cant remember - pls see my responses to similar enquiries. The best I can suggest is get to the browser then log into the dji page and downloads then carry out a download of the latest version or even reload the version you have. You get to the browser by swiping down from the top of the screen I think then you will see other options. Hope this helps a bit.!

I have tried EVERYTHING it seems.... even force-loading older versions of the app I found... no luck.

I even purchased from the amazon App Store via browser Litchi; but it runs SO slow its unusable; total waste of money!

It doesn't seem to recognize files when I write them to a clean card  from my Mac to the "local update"

im worried this is just another one of DJI's duds.

Any help is appreciated!!!

(Legend has it this file will magically fix it..... this is NOT verified)
DJI-v4.3.14_190309-8-35864_dpad_sec.apk

Haven't been able to find it
2021-5-25
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Im913mostwanted Posted at 5-25 02:41
I have tried EVERYTHING it seems.... even force-loading older versions of the app I found... no luck.

I even purchased from the amazon App Store via browser Litchi; but it runs SO slow its unusable; total waste of money!

Sorry you have tried a lot. I cannot suggest anything else hopefully someone else can. I think you need a dji person to advise.
Best of luck
2021-5-25
Use props
Mayotte Drones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 925331 ft
  • >>>
Réunion

Hi Graham,

Do you find a solution ?
2021-8-4
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
United Kingdom

HI, I  am afraid the situation is no   different to my  previous replies on this subject. I  did  get it working properly but as it was so  long ago I  cannot remember the full details. THis is one of my earlier replies. Hope it helps.
>>Sorry so long ago I cant remember - pls see my responses to similar enquiries. The best I can suggest is get to the browser then log into the dji page and downloads then carry out a download of the latest version or even reload the version you have. You get to the browser by swiping down from the top of the screen I think then you will see other options. Hope this helps a bit.!<<
2021-8-4
Use props
djiuser_mdVToW4exih7
New

United States

As many others have posted. Issue with Version 4.2.6. No maps.
Phantom 4 Pro+ was working fine then had issue at startup. Reset to factory. Updated lost mapbox.
Long talks with DJI tech about issue.
Was told there's NO SOLUTION at this time. Said engineers are working on a new version to correct. No estimate on potential release date for update.
Was told the "solution" on the internet using  the DJI v4.3.14 apk will not work. Said installing a previous version will not work. As others have pointed out no maps makes the drone more or less an expensive paperweight.
??? anybody.
2023-2-23
Use props
djiuser_mdVToW4exih7
New

United States

Phantom 4 Pro+ was working fine then had issue at startup. Reset to factory. Updated lost mapbox.
Was told there's NO SOLUTION at this time. Said engineers are working on a new version to correct. No estimate on potential release date for update.
Was told the "solution" on the internet using  the DJI v4.3.14 apk will not work. Said installing a previous version will not work. As others have pointed out no maps makes the drone more or less an expensive paperweight.
??? anybody.
2023-2-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_mdVToW4exih7 Posted at 2-23 10:27

Hi there. We're sorry you're experiencing the same concern. We apologize, but currently, DJI engineers are still working to resolve this issue, and there is no alternative remote solution. And yes, there is no estimated time for the update release. Rest assured that we will let all our users know as soon as we roll out the next firmware update that will rectify this. Your understanding is highly appreciated. Have a nice day.
2023-2-23
Use props
PAPY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1234 ft

Cameroon

DJI Paladin Posted at 2020-1-13 08:38
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this inquiry. For reference, I will be posting a DJI Forum thread on " How to cache maps " ( https://forum.dji.com/thread-170364-1-1.html ). Hope this can help you. Thank you.

PLEASE CAN YOU RESEND THE LINK
3-13 08:01
Use props
PAPY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1234 ft

Cameroon

HI i have a problem with my phantom 4 pro + remote controller after updating my firmware the map doesn't open any solution please
3-13 08:08
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

PAPY Posted at 3-13 08:08
HI i have a problem with my phantom 4 pro + remote controller after updating my firmware the map doesn't open any solution please

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please upload a short video showing the issue so we can check it further. You may upload the video via Google Drive or Youtube then send the link here. We will wait for your response. We appreciate your cooperation.
3-13 23:58
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules