Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[FEATURE REQ] Custom sensibility - turn drone L/R
1191 14 2020-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skrajnik
lvl.3
Flight distance : 764623 ft
Slovenia

​Hello DJI world!
New proud pilot and owner of Mavic mini here.
Great little drone from DJI, respect!

I am very impressed, so I want to help developers with my ideas, to make this drone the best in the market!
I understand, that this is entry level drone, so I will try to keep my ideas as simple, as possible.

So ... My first feature idea is:

[FEATURE REQUEST] Add custom setting for turning drone (left/right)
1. Add ability to control sensibility for left/right drone movement  -  just like setting for the gimbal control up/down.

(It would help a million times, to keep our camera left/right movement controlled more precisely )
2. Add this feature for all 3 modes : (P) Position and (C) Cinema and (S) sports mode please !!!
3. Add ability to turn this feature off.
4. Add  possibility to turn left/right on mobile phone touch screen. (just like  up/down gimbal - but this feature would turn drone left right. ˝˝Hint˝˝ - All the arrows are already present˝, if you move camera gimbal, with mobile touchscreen (up/down/left/right)

So community, if you would like to see this feature, support this threat!

Thank you

and

safe flying!

2020-1-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day skrajnik. Welcome to DJI Forum and thank you for choosing DJI. This thread will be cascaded to the designated DJI department for further evaluation. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2020-1-14
Use props
skrajnik
lvl.3
Slovenia

Thank you for your answer, Stephen!

What do others think about this request?
2020-1-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 for more controls over the stick sensitivity.
2020-1-15
Use props
spanzetta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1124738 ft
Italy

agree.. like the idea..
2020-1-15
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Yep good idea!
2020-1-15
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

As a beginner I'm not sure about need of on screen control for that. But custom setting for Yaw (maybe scale +/- 30%?) could be helpful.
2020-1-15
Use props
skrajnik
lvl.3
Slovenia

virtual Posted at 1-15 02:30
As a beginner I'm not sure about need of on screen control for that. But custom setting for Yaw (maybe scale +/- 30%?) could be helpful.

You would need onscreen control, because you can control speed with your fingers. (regardless of the gimbal setting sensitivity )
2020-1-15
Use props
Skrajnik
lvl.3
Slovenia

After flying and video shooting for 3 weeks now, I noticed lack of sensitivity control even more.

Since many of us bought mini mainly for video shooting, as advertised, I think that precise camera control is a basic function ?
2020-1-28
Use props
ninogui
lvl.2

Portugal

Hi there
Search amazon (or whatever you fancy) for mavic mini sticks. You will find some alu made with settable extension and to some degree you will solve the sensibility /sensitivity problem (much like a trimmer)
will set you back 15-20$ at most but takes time coming from Cn.
2020-1-29
Use props
Skrajnik
lvl.3
Slovenia

Thank you for the idea, man,
I have thought about this, but it is only part solution.

For shooting smooth video,the sensibility curve is just too linear..

Try to orbit some stuff 150-200m away - very hard, almost impossible (almost!).
2020-1-29
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

The main objective of the three modes is beyond sheer speed to control the smoothness of your actions, and one of the most affected is the yaw (left stick, default Mode 2) rotation.

Set C mode and you can finely rotate the aircraft. The fluid motion is ensured by the gimbal which anticipates movement and follows gradually the AC heading. Basically you have this feature already built in.
2020-1-29
Use props
Skrajnik
lvl.3
Slovenia

After many flights I still think, that we should get an (advanced) option to change the sensitivity curve for the controls.

Smooth shots, while turning drone, are very hard to get, with current sensibility curve.
And I have practiced smooth movement a lot. It is just too sensitive (all the modes!) .

Try a smooth close flyby, with object focused on the centre all the time.

2020-3-16
Use props
Richard Hopkins
lvl.4
Flight distance : 923406 ft
United States

Yes Skrajnik, I agree, great idea Thanks for suggesting it, Welcome to the form!
2020-3-16
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

in cinesmooth you dont need that because it already does that. You can control the movent point by point. when I want to measure an area i use cinesmooth so to be exactly in the corners
2020-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules