Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dual handed control
667 2 2020-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PilleniusMC
lvl.3
Germany

I feel like this isn't addressed anywhere yet, but when using the dual grip, how are we supposed to control the Ronin without a second person?

At the moment and since the release of the dual grip we got no way to just thumb control the rig with the dual rig, with the Ronin S you might be able to use the tether control to control it in a dual wielded mode of operation. It just feels like we're supposed to just carry it with two hands on the middle part to be able to have manual control and are supposed to put it into tracking to use it dual wielded or use movement based control, which just can't be used for everything. Neither can.

Yes, you can of course set up the movement control very well, but you still lose manual control, which just feels incomplete for something like this, even if it is cheaper than the original Ronin, Ronin-M or like the Ronin 2.
2020-1-14
Use props
fans64721dd6
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I couldn't agree more. Why DJI can't put the controls on one of the handles is beyond me?
2020-1-15
Use props
PilleniusMC
lvl.3
Germany

Especially where it would make such a costly difference like here, getting a first and/or second assistant (going by real cine terms here) to do follow focus, and such is so expensive and/or time consuming (depending on person).
2020-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules