Spectacular Sedona Arizona - Mavic 2 crashed after filming this v...
629 21 2020-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Illuminations
Captain
Flight distance : 13 ft
  • >>>
United States

The beautiful aerial footage that I've included in this video is bittersweet to me. After filming the sweeping vistas of Sedona from the skies above Schnebly Hill, I was flying back when an unexpected gust of wind overwhelmed my drone as I was coming in to land and sent it sideways into a tree. After the horrific noises of squeeling rotors died away and my Mavic 2 Zoom dropped to the ground I rushed over to find it mostly intact. After replacing broken and missing propellers it was able to take off again, though I think something is wrong with the motors. However, the gimbal seems to have burned out one of its axis, and will have to be replaced, and I'll probably replace two of the rotors as well.

The good news is that I actually own a Mavic 2 Pro and a Spark, so I'm not totally grounded, but it was a bummer on the trip as there were other locations at which I wanted to fly. Despite this little disaster though, we still had an awesome time in the canyon country, and I filmed a bunch of other videos from a ground level perspective: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLilmyI_x_d3pw554smPuNI-ejWFLuADKi

I'll post a photo gallery from the Sedona area soon, and share it here once it's ready.
2020-1-14
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Beautiful footage. Well done
2020-1-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Stunning footage,  sorry for your loss.
2020-1-15
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-15 02:02
Stunning footage,  sorry for your loss.

Thanks, hopefully I'll be able to get it back in the air before too long!
2020-1-15
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 1-14 18:37
Beautiful footage. Well done

Thank you!
2020-1-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice work!
2020-1-17
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Thank you!
2020-1-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

My pleasure!
2020-1-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Illuminations. Thank you for sharing this beautiful video you have captured in Sedona, Arizona and I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom. Since this unfortunate issue happened. Kindly please contact out DJI Support Team for further assistance at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. We would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Again great video and I am sorry for your loss.
2020-1-19
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-19 11:38
Hello and good day Illuminations. Thank you for sharing this beautiful video you have captured in Sedona, Arizona and I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom. Since this unfortunate issue happened. Kindly please contact out DJI Support Team for further assistance at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. We would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Again great video and I am sorry for your loss.

Thanks Stephen,  there's not much doubt as to the reason for the crash, but it might be worth seeing what the support team can do anyway.
2020-1-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Illuminations Posted at 1-19 14:44
Thanks Stephen,  there's not much doubt as to the reason for the crash, but it might be worth seeing what the support team can do anyway.

You are very much welcome Illuminations and thank you for the additional information you have shared with us. Please keep us posted on this matter for us to be updated and to be able to assists you further. Thank you.
2020-1-21
Use props
Climbnride58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67736 ft
United States

Really nice video. I have been in that area numerous times. Sorry to hear bout the crash, but hope it's salvageable.
2020-1-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Spectacular footage of an awesome location.  Sorry about the crash.  Sincerely hope you get it back up and flying very soon. Thanks for sharing this video.
2020-1-24
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Climbnride58 Posted at 1-21 14:37
Really nice video. I have been in that area numerous times. Sorry to hear bout the crash, but hope it's salvageable.

Thank you, I'm sure I can get it up an running again once I have time to deal with it. I'm pretty sure now that the only major problem with it is one of the axis of the gimbal is damaged.
2020-1-24
Use props
ShermanFlyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

Impressive footage. Loved the Cactus shots. Sorry about the crash
2020-1-24
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-24 06:58
Spectacular footage of an awesome location.  Sorry about the crash.  Sincerely hope you get it back up and flying very soon. Thanks for sharing this video.

Thanks! I haven't missed out on much flying recently thanks to the weather - almost nonstop rain for a month!
2020-1-24
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ShermanFlyer Posted at 1-24 16:05
Impressive footage. Loved the Cactus shots. Sorry about the crash

Thank you!
2020-1-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Illuminations Posted at 1-24 19:16
Thanks! I haven't missed out on much flying recently thanks to the weather - almost nonstop rain for a month!

You're most welcome.  Glad to hear you haven't missed out on much flying. Have a great day.
2020-1-25
Use props
ShermanFlyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

You’re welcome
2020-1-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft