Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
.DNG much smaller than .JPG?
5535 8 2020-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

For some reason since a few weeks (i don't know since when exactly) when i shoot some photos, my .DNG photos are much much smaller in pixels than my .JPG.

Am I stupid or do i miss something?

It's like the .DNGs got a resolution of 960x720 and the .JPGs (of course) 4000x3000.

I don't get it. Any tips would be great.

2020-1-15
Use props
ebswift
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10299 ft
Australia

If you open in photoshop or lightroom (or some other software??) it decodes the DNG to get full res for editing.  Otherwise it just opens with really rubbish looking resolution because it isn't decoded right.
2020-1-15
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Germany

ebswift Posted at 1-15 03:12
If you open in photoshop or lightroom (or some other software??) it decodes the DNG to get full res for editing.  Otherwise it just opens with really rubbish looking resolution because it isn't decoded right.

OK so you think right click - properties (to see the image details) doesn't show up the real information?

Need to try opening it in Lightroom then. Very strange, since this behavior isn't when i shoot with my DSLR Camera.

Will try that. Thanks. ;)
2020-1-15
Use props
ebswift
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10299 ft
Australia

Yeah, just verified again for a sanity check because I haven't used it in a while.  Also works in Affinity Photo in my testing, don't have Lightroom but it will be able to handle it.
2020-1-15
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Mizzu Posted at 1-15 03:15
OK so you think right click - properties (to see the image details) doesn't show up the real information?

Need to try opening it in Lightroom then. Very strange, since this behavior isn't when i shoot with my DSLR Camera.

If the actual file size (properties) is smaller, than something is probably amiss.  Raw images are USUALLY substantially larger.
2020-1-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this query. As ebswift advised at post 2, please try opening the DNG file using an image editing software like Photoshop to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-1-15
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Germany

OK, so i opened one of the small-resolution .DNG files with Lightroom and the exported it as an .JPG version. The .JPG version also shows up with 4000x3000 pixel resolution in the file properties.
Seems that you're right. Very strange since i didn't have this phenomenon in the past.

Anyways, thanks a lot for your help guys.
2020-1-15
Use props
fans272c8173
New
Spain

Hello,
I have the same issue with my DJI OSMO ACTION!
The resolution oft the .dng file is smaller than the resolution of the .jpg file!
Is there a solution for this issue?

2022-5-16
Use props
djiuser_3d6Tc16AMZxI
lvl.4
Germany

I copy the file with otg cable to the phone

with mimo apk 1.7.16 i dont see the. dng file!
I think it is the OA Firmware 10.00.40

Screenshot_2022-05-17-10-53-25-315_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
Screenshot_2022-05-17-10-52-51-700_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
2022-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules