First accident today, into water :(
1910 10 2020-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_NbTPXai8285o
lvl.1
Flight distance : 395440 ft
Australia

So I had my first ever accident today with any of my 3 drones, lucky it was my Mavic mini and not my Mavic 2 pro. Was flying over a hill and down into a river stream, and well I got distracted and somehow drowned my Mavic mini.

Somehow it has survived, it was still powered on fully submerged in atleast 2m of water. I quickly went swimming and retrieved the little fella. I removed the battery as fast as I could and dried it out for a good few hours, and he continues to live on!

What a incredible little drone!
2020-1-15
Use props
Beckie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1307795 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I like a mini also. Quick setup and away to go. You are lucky. Almost happened to me a same but with inspire.
2020-1-16
Use props
djiuser_NbTPXai8285o
lvl.1
Australia

Beckie Posted at 1-16 15:17
I like a mini also. Quick setup and away to go. You are lucky. Almost happened to me a same but with inspire.
Very lucky, everything still works as it should except the battery ( wasn't gonna re-use the battery anyways )

Was a sad moment watching it sink.

Definitely don't sink the inspire
2020-1-16
Use props
Beckie
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

djiuser_NbTPXai8285o Posted at 1-16 15:18
Very lucky, everything still works as it should except the battery ( wasn't gonna re-use the battery anyways )

Was a sad moment watching it sink.

I use my drones in extreme condition. Cold -40C rain etc. Never let me done
2020-1-16
Use props
djiuser_NbTPXai8285o
lvl.1
Australia

Beckie Posted at 1-16 18:11
I use my drones in extreme condition. Cold -40C rain etc. Never let me done [view_image]

I never do either.

I honestly don't know what happen, it just went down and into the water. I think I panicked and something obviously went wrong.
2020-1-16
Use props
Beckie
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

djiuser_NbTPXai8285o Posted at 1-16 18:42
I never do either.

I honestly don't know what happen, it just went down and into the water. I think I panicked and something obviously went wrong.

Once happened to me with the inspire. The prop went loose on take of , then a drone turn side way and wen in to a shrubs. No damage except 2 props broke.
2020-1-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_NbTPXai8285o Posted at 1-16 18:42
I never do either.

You can upload the log here and we might be able to see what happened,  https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2020-1-27
Use props
oxid8ter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20935 ft
United Kingdom

Has anyone considered the "float" landing gear available for Mavics? Straps around the body and then has a couple of clips on the underside for "pool noodles". Something like that could potentially save you and not add too much weight.

2020-1-28
Use props
Peter VS
New

United States

oxid8ter Posted at 1-28 06:24
Has anyone considered the "float" landing gear available for Mavics? Straps around the body and then has a couple of clips on the underside for "pool noodles". Something like that could potentially save you and not add too much weight.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51PpMG5buhL._SL1000_.jpg[/img]

It would change the aerodynamics and might be harder to fly
2020-1-28
Use props
Beckie
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Peter VS Posted at 1-28 13:47
It would change the aerodynamics and might be harder to fly

Sure it’s will change the dynamic, characteristics of the drone. Also I think if you crash, will be no coverage.
2020-1-28
Use props
oxid8ter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20935 ft
United Kingdom

I hadnt even thought about the aerodynamics - but now you mention it I feel silly haha. Had just thought about it as a solution when you hit water without thinking about the repercussions of having it attached when flying!
2020-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules