Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Anyone else having birds attack the mavic mini?
17298 94 2020-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-16 04:24
About 2 weeks ago I had a hawk come after my MM.  I hand to land the MM to keep the hawk from continue to chase it.  Last week when I flew at the same place it wasn't a problem.  Didn't find out until later that the hawk tried to swoop down and catch a rabbit and ran into the front of a passing truck.  So no more hawk.  I have no idea as to what you could put on your MM to make your predators fear it.

Not a rabbit.
2020-6-20
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

69th Drone Det. Posted at 1-17 05:52
Hi  : ) I live in Colorado, in an area with lots of raptors. It seems the ospreys are most interested in my MM (perhaps because of the coloring).  I notice hawks swoop by but don't try to attack, and eagles generally ignore it. Thinking of painting mine like an osprey, to see if that makes a difference.

Interesting, because ospreys only eat fish, they don't attack and eat other birds, and I have never seen an osprey even attack another bird.

I had a bunch of swallows fly near the Mini, but not really attacking it. Maybe just curious, or maybe trying to catch the insects flying around the drone, not sure. I did not stay there to find out, I just landed.
2020-6-21
Use props
AerialFusion
lvl.1
Canada

The swallows are proving to be a challenge for the mini, no matter where or when      , the larger swallows try attack the mini every time they see it!   Almost lost it over the lake which appeared to be swallow free at first.

2020-6-30
Use props
Ralle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11289 ft
Finland

djiuser_waHk8wUyK6XF Posted at 2-23 22:30
May i know what sizes of this to put on printer ?

Here in Finland, attacked / curious ,swallow,jackdaw,crow.Attacked a few times or been curious.I was thinking of trying red / black coloring,if that would help
2020-6-30
Use props
djiuser_hwk4McarTHR4
New
Flight distance : 139577 ft

Vietnam

Hi everyone, where can I download the skin file for mavic mini?
Or can you guys please send me at quachxinguyen@gmail.com
2020-7-27
Use props
RJn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1845039 ft
France

It was mainly the seagulls that attacked the drone. The first with her talons, then 30mn later the same with 3 of her friends.
I stuck evil eyes in black and orange on the drone.
2020-7-27
Use props
VanzPix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Hi, with my landing pad I had this, I do not know if it could do the trick ?
IMG_20200727_203724.jpg
2020-7-27
Use props
avinashnryn
lvl.1
India

Can u share the template file plz
2020-8-12
Use props
Beeworld
lvl.4
Flight distance : 190259 ft
Australia

Close encounter with a magpie!
2020-9-14
Use props
AMIR_king
Second Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

Beeworld Posted at 9-14 20:15
[view_image]

WOW
2020-9-16
Use props
djiuser_BX0N9weJeXGU
New

Australia

Beeworld Posted at 2020-9-14 20:15
[view_image]

I have a very similar screen grab!
2021-9-15
Use props
djiuser_BX0N9weJeXGU
New

Australia

Beeworld Posted at 2020-9-14 20:15
[view_image]

Sydney Magpies love the Mini!!

What I want to know if how often their swooping leads to a crash. Sounds like the Mini props survive most attacks
2021-9-15
Use props
6 string fan
lvl.1

United States

I've had many birds fly around my mini, I believe mostly from curiosity. Swallows seem fascinated for some reason.
I haven't had any large birds that I've had to deal with so far.
2021-9-17
Use props
Superthrust
lvl.1

United States

m80116 Posted at 2020-1-18 05:15
I've made a skin to discourage bird attacks and I called it CAMO birdstrike.

The template I used is the PDF one found in this forum, exported to PS @200 dpi, it is meant to be printed w/o scaling on A4 paper. The base is a camouflage pattern to which I applied a gradient filter in PS, I am not sure if this will be enough to prevent at least some bird pecking but worth trying.

Sorry if i am posting a little bit past the time of everyone else, but I am curious about the cutting parameters of your template.

Do you cut on the blue line? or do you cut on the red line (right at the edge of the image/gradient)

Thank you!
2021-12-13
Use props
dejesus1994
New

United States

Does anyone has the template for the dji mini 2. I'm trying to create something nice for my hubby. Any help Greatly appreciated.
2022-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules