Batteries in Hibernation Mode in new Fly More Combo.
4537 9 2020-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
simplesimon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 142841 ft
Canada

Just got my new Mavic Mini Fly More Combo!

I live in Canada and the weather is usually bad at this time of year, and I anticipate that my only flying while I learn about my new drone will either be indoors or on nice days from my deck, in either case, short duration training.

In the User Guide, it states that "All intelligent Flight Batteries are in hibernation mode before shipment to ensure safety.  Use the USB charger to charge and activate Intelligent Flight Batteries for the first time."

Would there be any value in charging and using only one of the batteries during this limited use learning phase?  Will this preserve the other two batteries in "mint" condition?

Thanks
2020-1-16
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

I'm also interested in how many batteries can be stored in hibernation mode?
2020-1-16
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I'd charge them all up, so you can do the battery firmware upgrades that were part of 0.300 and 0.400
2020-1-16
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

I'm not sure about the "value" but I used only one battery (charged in hub) for initial setup, update and first indoor take-off. But as the other batteries had to be updated (not comfortable to do it outdoors), I had to charge them just a few days later as I was going to fly outdoors. So You don't need to recharge all batteries but one battery feels "suprisingly small" when you're flying new toy and don't forget update other batteries before You take-off.
2020-1-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. Yes, all of the intelligent batteries that include on the Mavic Mini Flymore Combo are in hibernation mode and not yet been activated. Therefore, for you to check if the batteries are working well with no problem, you can charge it goes to 40-60%. These batteries will enter again into hibernation mode if depleted and stored for a long period of time and recharging the batteries will then bring out into hibernation mode. You may refer to the image below for your reference. Hope this helps. Thank you for your support!
2020-1-16
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The mavic mini batteries don't self discharge like other dji drone batteries. They recommend storing them at 40-60% for extended periods of time (over 10 days), as mentioned by Gamora.
2020-1-16
Use props
simplesimon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 142841 ft
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-16 09:01
Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. Yes, all of the intelligent batteries that include on the Mavic Mini Flymore Combo are in hibernation mode and not yet been activated. Therefore, for you to check if the batteries are working well with no problem, you can charge it goes to 40-60%. These batteries will enter again into hibernation mode if depleted and stored for a long period of time and recharging the batteries will then bring out into hibernation mode. You may refer to the image below for your reference. Hope this helps. Thank you for your support!

I intuitively reasoned that if I left two of the spare batteries untouched from their factory new state, their overall lifetime would be extended by the amount of time (within reason) that I waited to charge them the first time.
Is this incorrect?
2020-1-16
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Fellows of the Combo: I do believe you have to update all your batteries before flying. I've got mismatching notices from the Fly app while using batteries that were not in the drone after my firmware update.

I used the DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic Windows software to get them up to date but still without having a clear indication, instead of having the option of refreshing the current firmware (with number version matching the one in the drone) I've got the option to "update" with the same one, and that's what I did with the remaining batteries.

I don't know what the official way should be but I think this could have been handled better than this, and should be addressed by the Fly app itself.
2020-1-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

simplesimon Posted at 1-16 12:47
I intuitively reasoned that if I left two of the spare batteries untouched from their factory new state, their overall lifetime would be extended by the amount of time (within reason) that I waited to charge them the first time.
Is this incorrect?

Yes, you are correct. In addition, the battery's performance will be influenced if it is kept idle for a long time. To maintain the battery's active state, it is recommended that users charge and discharge the battery every three months. Do not completely discharge the battery and then store it for a long time; otherwise, the battery will over-discharge and the battery cells will be damaged, which will make the battery unusable. Hope this helps. Thank you for your support!
2020-1-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

simplesimon Posted at 1-16 12:47
Is this incorrect?

Yes, it is incorrect. And to add to that, if you leave them alone, the batteries only have a relatively short warranty compared to the rest of the equipment. So if there is a faulty battery in the collection, you need to detect it early to take advantage of the warranty.
2020-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules