Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Possible Solution For The Mini Altitude Drop Issue?
919 9 2020-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Watchman News
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63970 ft
United States

Hey, folks when searching youtube yesterday for new MM videos I ran across this. I wanted to pass it on. If you are experiencing the altitude drop issue please try this and report back here the results. I'm curious if this guy went all the way back to .02 or if he just went back to .03

It also makes me wonder if DJI upgrades do a format or just installs the updates. I'm betting it just installs the updates. If that's the case maybe there is an issue with a residual file from .03? Just brainstorming here.

2020-1-16
Use props
dark13star
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16739 ft
United States

It's hard to know if he is moving around, but look at the way his compass heading jumps all over the place.
2020-1-16
Use props
The Watchman News
lvl.3
United States

I asked him in comments about how he updated. Here is his response.

2020-1-16
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

dark13star Posted at 1-16 07:38
It's hard to know if he is moving around, but look at the way his compass heading jumps all over the place.

The compass heading in the app is messed up because the phone's compass is affected by the metal in the RC. Not related to the aircraft in any way.
2020-1-16
Use props
Mavic Dave
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41161 ft
United Kingdom

My Mavic Mini is on its way back to its maker, we will see what the outcome is.  I suffered a 27ft decent when it would not respond to my stick inputs.
2020-1-16
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hiya,

Nice video but i have some questions.

At 52secs in the video where was you and the RC pointing at??

If you pointed towards the MM than 2 things.

a) craft is about 30 degrees on the right side of the aircraft oirentation indicator ; thus compass mobile device is wrong.
b) arrow is pointing 60 degrees to the right, should be forward pointing if you stood behind and pointed forward....this means compass MM is wrong.

guess distance is to close to get good rerading, when flying inbound again arrow is almost pointing OK but still offset (mob device 'fault')

cheers
JJB
2020-1-17
Use props
The Watchman News
lvl.3
United States

JJB* Posted at 1-17 04:27
Hiya,

Nice video but i have some questions.

Please note that I did not make the video. The gentleman is quick to answer his youtube comments however.
2020-1-17
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

The Watchman News Posted at 1-17 07:26
Please note that I did not make the video. The gentleman is quick to answer his youtube comments however.

oke, thanks for your answer
2020-1-17
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I wouldn't dare to downgrade my Mini... after the hoard of complaints the firmware should get better, not worse. They're already heavily under scrutiny with the Mavic Mini.
2020-1-17
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting for sure. That makes me wonder if a refresh would have accomplished the same thing.
2020-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules