Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 2 motor "clicks", won't start
928 5 2020-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans41939814
lvl.1
United States

I have a Phantom 2 that was givien to me because it was not working.
When I try to start it (press battery button once,  then hold....) the red LED will flash once,  then one of the motors will make an audible "click"
Is this a symptom of a bad motor?  Bad ESC?  Both?
Suspicious of a faulty control board, I replaced the entire contol board with no change in symptoms.

Regards,

Kim N.

2020-1-16
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

First - are you experienced with P2s?

Are you sure the battery works correctly?  Can you power on the battery by itself and does it seem to be functioning correctly while not installed in the drone?  

You're saying the red lamp on the battery flashes once and then goes off?  And so then all the lamps on the battery are off?  

A video of what happens would be helpful.
2020-1-16
Use props
cheddar-man
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

The motors are basically  three phase controlled by the ESC. If one connector between the two is disconnected the motor will tend to hunt, just vibrate and not rotate so this could be either a defective motor, defective ESC or broken connection between the two.

This might help.........
Scroll down and it clearly shows the ESC, Motor, main board and all the connections between the three.
The ESC is seperate so can be changed out quite easily but first check the cables are all in place.
That article shows you everything about the P2.
2020-1-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Kim N. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. For us to be able to assist you further with regards to this issue. Kindly please send an email to support@dji.com for further assistance. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for understanding.
2020-1-17
Use props
fans41939814
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-17 09:21
Hello and good day Kim N. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. For us to be able to assist you further with regards to this issue. Kindly please send an email to  for further assistance. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for understanding.

Thank all of you for your help.  

Yes, I am somewhat familiar with the P2.  I have had one for several yeas.

When changing out the control board did not work,  I have ordered a new esc/motor to install.  It should arrive within the next few days.

I will let you know if it works!

Kim N.
2020-1-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fans41939814 Posted at 1-21 11:35
Thank all of you for your help.  

Yes, I am somewhat familiar with the P2.  I have had one for several yeas.

You are very much welcome Kim N. and thank you for the additional information you have shared with us. Please keep us posted and thank you.
2020-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules