How to Upload to the DJI Cloud with DJI Fly
11100 11 2020-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
15PSI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13694 ft
United States

The title says it all - I have researched this for the last few days and found instructions on most controller software but not the DJI Fly for my Mini. I need to upload my flight data to the DJI cloud so that I can automatically list it with the Airdata site.

If anyone can point me in the correct direction, I would be greatly appreciative.

Thank you,
15PSI
2020-1-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. Here's the process on how to export the Mavic Mini's flight controller data. First, for you to export the aircraft data, you need to download the latest version of the DJI Assistant 2 on your PC and connect the Mavic Mini to your PC, once the PC was already recognized your drone, choose "Log Export", and then click "Save to local". Exported data are ".dat" files.

Also, connect the mobile device that has been connected to the aircraft to the PC, open iTunes, and then export all data under the "flightrecord" folder. to get the Flight Record and Simplified Data Export:

Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your support!
2020-1-16
Use props
15PSI
lvl.2
United States

Hello,

Thanks so much for your response. I was probably not clear in my post. I know how to download the *.DAT data from the Mini utilizing DJI Assistant 2 and also the *.TXT files from my iPhone (using the FILES catalog in the iPhone). I have all of these of these files (DAT and TXT) already. What I need is to understand how to upload my flights to the DJI Cloud using the DJI Fly app. In the other controller apps, DJI Go etc, there is an icon that allows a user to upload their flight to the DJI Cloud. I do not see this as an option on the DJI Fly app. Is there another way to upload the DAT and TXT flight files to the DJI Cloud manually, since it does not appear as an option in DJI Fly?

Thanks again for your quick response.
2020-1-16
Use props
jonyfoz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 205663 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Sorry, to jump on a post, but is there any way to complete the process with out using Itunes?  Its just that my iphone syncs to my apple icloud.  I wouldn't want to try and use itunes with my iphone 11 as it would sync my phone back to 2005!

surely Itunes is on the way out according to google.

thanks Jonathan
2020-2-7
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

15PSI Posted at 1-16 14:22
Hello,

Thanks so much for your response. I was probably not clear in my post. I know how to download the *.DAT data from the Mini utilizing DJI Assistant 2 and also the *.TXT files from my iPhone (using the FILES catalog in the iPhone). I have all of these of these files (DAT and TXT) already. What I need is to understand how to upload my flights to the DJI Cloud using the DJI Fly app. In the other controller apps, DJI Go etc, there is an icon that allows a user to upload their flight to the DJI Cloud. I do not see this as an option on the DJI Fly app. Is there another way to upload the DAT and TXT flight files to the DJI Cloud manually, since it does not appear as an option in DJI Fly?

Aloha 15PSI,

The DJI Fly app has an Automatic option or a Do Not Upload option.  There is no manual option.  It works to,  I enabled Automatic and sure enough, my mileage increases.  I have not tried to look at my missions though.  Still learning the Mini ropes.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-2-8
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

jonyfoz Posted at 2-7 15:02
Hi Sorry, to jump on a post, but is there any way to complete the process with out using Itunes?  Its just that my iphone syncs to my apple icloud.  I wouldn't want to try and use itunes with my iphone 11 as it would sync my phone back to 2005!

surely Itunes is on the way out according to google.

Aloha Jonathan,

As I noted for 15PSI, the Flight Upload is an Automatic or Do Not Upload option in DJI Fly.  Be sure your phone or tablet are connected to the Internet and it should work.  It works for me.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-2-8
Use props
15PSI
lvl.2
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2-8 01:48
Aloha 15PSI,

The DJI Fly app has an Automatic option or a Do Not Upload option.  There is no manual option.  It works to,  I enabled Automatic and sure enough, my mileage increases.  I have not tried to look at my missions though.  Still learning the Mini ropes.

Thanks for your reply. I did notice those options. BTW - I like your screen name. I was just in Maui on business and saw many many whales. Unfortunately I did not have my drone for video.
2020-2-8
Use props
15PSI
lvl.2
United States

jonyfoz Posted at 2-7 15:02
Hi Sorry, to jump on a post, but is there any way to complete the process with out using Itunes?  Its just that my iphone syncs to my apple icloud.  I wouldn't want to try and use itunes with my iphone 11 as it would sync my phone back to 2005!

surely Itunes is on the way out according to google.

You do not need iTunes. In one of the latest releases of iOS, Apple introduced ‘Files’. Simply search your phone for ‘Files’. All records (*txt and *dat) will be located in that directory. Once you have located your flight records, you can use a variety of solutions to display them. I happen to prefer www.airdata.com for the *txt files.
2020-2-8
Use props
jonyfoz
lvl.3
United Kingdom

thanks very much for your replies Cetacean & 15PSI !

I will use the files option on IOS on my phone.

Great Help - thankyou ;-)
2020-2-9
Use props
15PSI
lvl.2
United States

jonyfoz,

You are welcome. Have you located your *.txt files from your iPhone? And have you tried www.airdata.com yet? Anyway, happy flying.
2020-2-10
Use props
jonyfoz
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Greetings 15PSI

I sure have located my *.txt files on my iPhone, I have managed to upload my data to WWW.airdata.com.  I have let DJI Customer Services in NL see the data.  DJI NL  have emailed me today saying they are unable to give me a reason as to why my blades (Front Left) were 'lightly catching" on the front left of my mavic mini as some of my flight data has been over written apparently.

So I am still no wiser as to why my drone props were catching (as were  the props of other mini flyers drones 'catching' their mini's) that I have read on this forum.

The offer on the table from DJI is a discounted price for 'fixing' my drone, or use one of my 2 'stikes'' on my DJI insurance.

I only sent it back to DJI to get answer as to "why"  -  (upon their advice) looks like I will never know.

Kind Regards Jonyfoz
2020-2-11
Use props
15PSI
lvl.2
United States

Did you forward the *.DAT file as well to DJI NL? It has more data than the *.txt file.
2020-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules