Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Osmo iOS Format not Supported by Mac, Help Please!
1554 7 2020-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alpha Josh
lvl.1

Germany

Hi Guys,

I just bought a DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and am using the DJI App to shoot my clips since FilmiC Pro is currently not supported. I tried to export my recorded footage from my camera roll to mac to edit and review everything. Unfortunately the mp4 Format the recordings are saved in is not supported by any application on my mac except VLC Player.

The VLC Player crashes when I try to play multiple videos and every video either lags or freezes when opening. I Figured to import it with iMovie but that is not supported either. I'm a bit frustrated and confused on what to do now?

Thanks for your help in advance.

AJ
2020-1-16
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Do they work if you rename the extension to .mov
2020-1-16
Use props
Alpha Josh
lvl.1

Germany

AlanHd Posted at 1-16 14:38
Do they work if you rename the extension to .mov

Hi Alan, thanks for your fast response. That was one of the first things i tried but this doesn’t change the existing issue unfortunately. My only success was with a professional conversion software and with converting in the vlc player (vlc left a green line at the bottom of the screen and the conversion software takes forever on multiple files). This is a temporary solution but very annoying in the long run.  
2020-1-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Mp4 is the only available video file format for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. However, we will forward this concern of yours to our designated department for further clarification. Thank you for your understanding and support!  
2020-1-16
Use props
Alpha Josh
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-16 16:40
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Mp4 is the only available video file format for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. However, we will forward this concern of yours to our designated department for further clarification. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Hi DJI Gamora, thanks for your response. The mp4 format is not necessarily the issue as i have other files in mp4 that seem to work just fine. For some reason, and i’m not an IT guy to understand the details, the mp4 format in the recordings as a different coding that is not supported by most software on my mac. I hope this gives you better insight. Thanks so much for your help too!
2020-1-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Alpha Josh Posted at 1-16 17:57
Hi DJI Gamora, thanks for your response. The mp4 format is not necessarily the issue as i have other files in mp4 that seem to work just fine. For some reason, and i’m not an IT guy to understand the details, the mp4 format in the recordings as a different coding that is not supported by most software on my mac. I hope this gives you better insight. Thanks so much for your help too!

I already coordinate this for further clarification. I will keep you posted once we have an update. Thank you for your patience and support!
2020-1-18
Use props
Alpha Josh
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-18 16:10
I already coordinate this for further clarification. I will keep you posted once we have an update. Thank you for your patience and support!

Thank you for the quick responses and your effort in helping me. I look forward to the updates.
2020-1-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Alpha Josh Posted at 1-18 18:56
Thank you for the quick responses and your effort in helping me. I look forward to the updates.

You are always welcome Josh. Thanks for the patience. Cheers!
2020-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules