Waiting for my Mavic Mini
1646 26 2020-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bimfi122
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64222 ft
United States

In a previous post I mentioned that I ordered the fly more combo from DJI. I'm curious to see if anyone else has ordered from DJI and are having to wait anywhere from 7 to 25 business days for it to ship. This got me to wonder just how long it would have taken if I had ordered from Amazon instead of DJI. Amazon had the two day shipping option with Amazon Prime, but would it have arrived in that time frame? Just curious if anyone ordered from Amazon. Thanks!
2020-1-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ordered my first MM directly from DJI.  Took 4 1/2 weeks to be delivered.  I ordered the second MM (for my grandson) from Amazon and got it 2 days later.  
2020-1-17
Use props
Cal Evans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85673 ft
United States

Depends on if they have them in stock. I ordered mine around the first of December and got it around mid December. Had to be shipped in from China.
Cheers!
=C=
2020-1-17
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

You'll be waiting some time would be my guess. DJI isn't fast EVER!!
I had mine ordered way back and it also took over a month. Ordered the charging hub from Amazon and it's also 1-2 month. DJI isn't very good when it comes to delivery!!
2020-1-17
Use props
bimfi122
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the replies. I just have to practice patience for a while. Thanks again!
2020-1-17
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

Best Buy took 3 weeks (after T Day) if a "coming soon" notice (soon replaced with a "out of stock").  The Mini alone changed a similar fashion.  Too with BH Photo (first come/first served).

I don't know how DJI supplied smaller vendors (drone/hobby shops, etc).

DJI probly has a spaghetti flowchart for dispersion worldwide.
2020-1-17
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

My fly more combo took almost a full month before I received it. It was just shy of the 25 business days that was being advertised at the time that I ordered. But I did get it and it was a little earlier than advertised so I was happy.
2020-1-17
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Mine took 20 days to arrive.
Amazon at least the Spanish one, has them in waiting list for 3 months now.
Hard to tell, best is to grab a phone and call to find out if they have real stock.
2020-1-17
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Amazon.it was reporting almost the same wait of DJI. Based on customer reviews on Amazon DJI split the Mini supply equally between their store and Amazon. But Amazon is unlike any other store... probably the only good reason to buy directly from DJI was the charge-back (into the account) you get.
I waited my Mini a little less than 1 month between Nov and the 23rd of Dec.
2020-1-17
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

Ordered it a few days ago on Amazon. Estimated delivery time 1-3 months.
I could cry.
2020-1-17
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Schau mal https://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/6844351_-mavic-mini-fly-more-combo-dji.html dann auf "sofort lieferbar". Werden immer mehr Shops, die sie auf Lager haben. Nur empfiehlt es sich vorher nachzufragen, nicht dass sie sie nicht mehr haben und der Status nicht aktualisiert wurde ;-)
2020-1-17
Use props
bimfi122
lvl.1
United States

I had not realized, until a few days ago, that the Mavic Mini only came out a few months ago. I thought it had been out for well over six months. I guess that is why there is a big back order for them. I am assuming that all the DJI drones are manufactured in China? I've been watching a lot of you tube videos of the MM in flight and I must say that I am very impressed with the video quality I have seen, so far.
2020-1-17
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

The "standalone mini" was and is immediately available since many weeks, the big problem is the fly more combo and because batteries have been unavailable too, it is obvious, that the shortage of batteries is/was the cause.
2020-1-17
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

1080p video is sharp (and detailed!) as hell... probably 2.7K downscaled. Photos a bit noisy but still good.

You were late to the game guys After the first micro-batch of Mini was delivered in November we all had to wait until mid-December to get the new batch, all coming from China.

The upside in my fly-away case: drone replaced (delivered) in 3 weeks rather than another 1+ month wait from China.
2020-1-17
Use props
FireballXL5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 232562 ft
United States

I ordered my Mini Fly More combo on Jan. 5th, 2020  It has shipped and is due for delivery on Wednesday, Jan. 22nd.
2020-1-17
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

jonny007 Posted at 1-17 08:30
Schau mal https://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/6844351_-mavic-mini-fly-more-combo-dji.html dann auf "sofort lieferbar". Werden immer mehr Shops, die sie auf Lager haben. Nur empfiehlt es sich vorher nachzufragen, nicht dass sie sie nicht mehr haben und der Status nicht aktualisiert wurde ;-)

Danke für den Hinweis .Amazon hat mir soeben eine Email geschrieben, dass ich sie am Montag erhalte, wie auch immer das auf einmal sein kann. Ich bin so gehyped. ;)
2020-1-17
Use props
Depster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10062 ft
Canada

I ordered mine December 3rd from Best Buy Canada and got it two days later. I have found that Hobby Shops, in Canada, seem to still have stock, including Props and Batteries. Just picked up another battery last week.  http://www.greathobbies.com/sear ... ckSearchButton=Find
2020-1-17
Use props
pnwflier
lvl.2
United States

When I ordered my Mini from DJI it was clearly listed how many days it would take for delivery, which was 15 days. If you access your member account it will also list how many days until delivery. Of course the delivery date can change, In my case it came two day early.

2020-1-17
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

MY wife gave me the Mini for Christmas. She ordered it about Dec 10th and got it in about 3 days, but it was from a distributor on Amazon with one in stock at the time.
2020-1-17
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Depster Posted at 1-17 13:03
I ordered mine December 3rd from Best Buy Canada and got it two days later. I have found that Hobby Shops, in Canada, seem to still have stock, including Props and Batteries. Just picked up another battery last week.  http://www.greathobbies.com/search/results/?srchtype=QuickSearch&srchlimit=50&srchdep=&srchimg=0&srchstk=0&srchdes=mavic+mini&QuickSearchButton=Find

The battery is showing on backorder there right now.
2020-1-17
Use props
bimfi122
lvl.1
United States

Good news! Received an email from DJI saying that my order for the mavic mini fly more combo has shipped (from China) and is scheduled to arrive on Friday, 24 January 2020. If they stay true to their word, that will mean that from order to delivery will have taken only 12 days! I can't wait. Already ordered two micro SD cards to capture video and photos. Will spend the weekend in my back yard practicing handling the drone. I have not yet even tried flying one. I can't wait!
2020-1-21
Use props
Cal Evans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85673 ft
United States

3 weeks for mine ordered at the first of December. 4 days of that was sitting in US customs.
Cheers!
=C=
2020-1-21
Use props
bimfi122
lvl.1
United States

So, my MM was supposed to be delivered on Friday Jan 24. But, lo and behold, it was sitting in front of my door this morning, Jan 22. What a pleasant surprise!
2020-1-22
Use props
bimfi122
lvl.1
United States

Having so much fun practicing flying my mm. I’ve got lots of practice video (some not so great). Once I get it all together (learning how to make smooth video flights) I will post some. Using a free open source video editor to edit and add music/sound effects. There’s nothing so boring as video without sound
2020-1-26
Use props
fans9708feac
lvl.1
United States

Don't know if I am allowed to post videos on this page or not. I just finished compiling my first video with background music using the youtube studio site and using Openshot video editor. I'm sure someone will let me know if I am not supposed to post videos.
2020-1-30
Use props
FireballXL5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 232562 ft
United States

I ordered my MM Combo pack on 01-05-20 and got it on 01-20-20 from DJI.
2020-1-30
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

Some third party vendors selling on Amazon seem to receive small shipments from DJI periodically, and their listings then show when they have some in stock.  So if you keep an eye on their listings on Amazon, you may be able to snag one for two-day or at least pretty fast delivery by catching a moment when they're in stock.

That's how I got a fly more kit before Christmas without paying a ridiculous excess price.  It is a matter of lucky timing and checking back every so often.  DJI may be catching up with demand somewhat now, too.  There's a thread on here where someone was actually able to get a spare battery the other day!  That shows some progress.

The mini has obviously been (and continues to be) a good seller for DJI.
2020-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules