Battery Charging Temperature Protection
513 3 2020-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
simplesimon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 142841 ft
Canada

So I've done a few indoor flights without crashing (yet?).

And in my excitement, already forgot about some of the things I read in the manual about battery charging.

I got a low battery warning, landed the drone, and then almost immediately plugged the drone in to charge the battery, noticing the #4 LED successively blinking 3 times with a pause.

Back to the instructions I went, learning that the battery temperature was too high.  Eventually it started to charge.

The instructions state, "If the charging temperature protection is enabled, the battery will resume charging once the temperature has returned within the allowable range".

Does the word "if" mean that I have control over whether or not this protection is enabled?  I hope that's not the case.  If I do have control, where is it?

Thanks for your help.
2020-1-17
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

I don't think you have any control over this.  They're just using "if" to mean "in the event that".  I've experienced this myself.

Flying indoors with the prop guards on, and at 5000 feet elevation, I get only around 12 to 13 minutes of flying per battery because the poor mini is working so hard just to hover.

And at the end of such a flight, the battery is always too warm to begin charging right away.
2020-1-17
Use props
simplesimon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 142841 ft
Canada

Sigmo Posted at 1-17 07:31
I don't think you have any control over this.  They're just using "if" to mean "in the event that".  I've experienced this myself.

Flying indoors with the prop guards on, and at 5000 feet elevation, I get only around 12 to 13 minutes of flying per battery because the poor mini is working so hard just to hover.

Right, I did notice it working pretty hard with the guards on, and the battery ran out of steam quicker than I expected.

So as far as language used in the instructions, it would have made more sense to me if the word "enabled" was changed to "active".
2020-1-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day simplesimon. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. It is recommended to charge the intelligent flight batteries of the DJI Mavic Mini until it cools down to near room temperature. Allow the said batteries to cool if necessary after using it or after flying the said drone. In addition I will be posting a link where in you can check the DJI Mavic Mini Disclaimer and Safety Guidelines. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y_Guidelines_EK.pdf
2020-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules