Mavic 2 Pro Fell from the Sky. out of options!
852 6 2020-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
337webb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 912864 ft
United States

in August I was Shooting Realestate like i have for years. My Mavic 2 Pro just fell out of the sky 120 feet in 3 seconds. I did not have DJI insurance, So I tackled the job of replacing one arm and the signal cable, all in all pretty easy repairs. The drone flys perfect, but the gimbal would not operate, no overload just wobbled around… I replaced every servo, one at a time, nothing, I replaced the servo board, nothing.. the camera works, the drone works, I have tried 3x signal cables. and each servo at least once… so I have this awesome drone, with a great camera, and no control of it. So I am back to shooting with my TyphoonH. I have called customer service and tried to tell them my sad story, convinced that someone would want to help me. Several disconnects, and deaf ears. So I am reaching out to anybody that will listen, and chime in with something helpful. DJI if you are listening, please Help! I would love to write a happy ending to this story. I have enclosed the data log for anyone interested in looking at it. Thanks in advance, and take care.

It wont let me attach the Log file so this is the link...
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hw1mqls6i0wgm75/AABcnRD8pH4N3wEJX0NVGtA_a?dl=0

I found the drone in an empty open area of a large field, it was way above the trees when it went ballistic, and its resting spot was least 40 feet from anything that protruded from the earth. way out in the middle of no where Utah!

on a side note, I had expected the drone to have smashed into tiny chunks, it fell over 100 feet! Except for an arm hanging on by 3 wires and the yaw servo cable torn, and the gimbal torn loose from the dampener.   it looked great, and I was full of hope.

parden spelling and grammer.

2020-1-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, we are sorry about the accident. You mentioned that you have called DJI customer service but several disconnects, right? May we know which phone number did you called and your phone number, please? We'd like to help you check it.
Under this situation, you are recommended to contact our support via http://www.dji.com/support or send an email to support@dji.com, we'll do our best to help you.
2020-1-17
Use props
337webb
lvl.1
United States

the number i called is UNITED STATES & CANADA +1 (818) 235 0789 Mon-Fri 7:00AM - 5:00PM (PST), and my phone number is sent in a PM
2020-1-18
Use props
337webb
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-17 20:31
Hi there, we are sorry about the accident. You mentioned that you have called DJI customer service but several disconnects, right? May we know which phone number did you called and your phone number, please? We'd like to help you check it.
Under this situation, you are recommended to contact our support via http://www.dji.com/support or send an email to , we'll do our best to help you.

the number i called is UNITED STATES & CANADA +1 (818) 235 0789 Mon-Fri 7:00AM - 5:00PM (PST), and my phone number is sent in a PM
2020-1-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

337webb Posted at 1-18 10:15

Thank you for getting back, I had received your PM and replied, please kindly check. Thank you.
2020-1-19
Use props
337webb
lvl.1
United States

02-05-2020 UPDATE: so after being reached out to by "Red" from China, he actually called me, and they really read the forum, he said to send it in normal channels.

This is exactly what I did not want to do, they diagnose your problem at 60$ per hour-ish and give you a repair price. I felt like no one was going to listen again, I upload the flight data of the drone falling, and sent it in with the full story, I figured it would be fool proof...  

After a couple days, I got a em that said  
“According to the analysis, no crash was found in the available flight records. We can still proceed with the repair, however, you will cover the repair charges.”

I wrote back and attached the data file to my EM.         
"Jan 31, 04:17 CST I watched it crash!  it was in the air, and then 2 seconds later it hit the ground. it just fell from the sky.  please explain what happened when the drone just fell from the sky and how that its my fault, and that it was anything other than a drone malfunction? and then what kind of charges are your talking about?  thanks Ken, for your time and expertise…  Lee"

The next day they sent me a bill for 395$  
"Dear customer, We regret that the service is not covered by warranty based on the results of damage assessment, please find details as follow:
Non warranty We will either repair it or replace it with a product that’s new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received.
For more information, please visit (http://www.dji.com/service/policy)
Item List
Front Arm Module (Right) Quantity: 1        Net Price : 28.00  Total Price: 28.00
Gimbal Axis Arm Module (Pro) Quantity: 1        Net Price : 185.00  Total Price: 185.00
Upper Cover Module Quantity: 1        Net Price : 13.00  Total Price: 13.00
Middle Frame Module Quantity: 1        Net Price : 15.00  Total Price: 15.00
Lower Cover Module Quantity: 1        Net Price : 24.00  Total Price: 24.00
Repair Service Fee Quantity: 2        Net Price : 65.00  Total Price: 130.00   
Total Payment (USD$)        395.00  

Since no one was listening or did not agree with me, I just decided to pay the bill, as I clicked the .... link, I got a message that the link was no longer valid.  
"Now What!"  
and 15 min later I received another EM that said the repair would be no charge, and returned in 3 days. 2 days later my mavic arrived, it looked new, I was so impressed with there repairs that I went over it with a fine tooth comb, the remote was no longer paired, which got me thinking, is this the same device, the invoice above looked like they were going to fix it. I compared sr# and the gimbal, camera, and drone we all new Sr#. the gave me a new/ refurbished unit, with all the stickers in place. So here is my happy ending, they did listen, it took some time, and someone was there to catch the ball every time I was shutdown, it just took finding the right guy, in my case Ken from DJI support, got the job done. thank you Ken, Red, Natalia and everybody else that helped. and If you read all the way to here, thank you!

parden spelling and grammer
2020-2-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

337webb Posted at 2-5 22:19
02-05-2020 UPDATE: so after being reached out to by "Red" from China, he actually called me, and they really read the forum, he said to send it in normal channels.

This is exactly what I did not want to do, they diagnose your problem at 60$ per hour-ish and give you a repair price. I felt like no one was going to listen again, I upload the flight data of the drone falling, and sent it in with the full story, I figured it would be fool proof...  

Thanks for sharing the rest part of the story and good to know it is a happy ending, hope you have a good and safe flight in the future.
2020-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules