2019 Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T290NZKAXAR
2639 4 2020-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BeachPilot214
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5479 ft
United States

Has anyone tested this tablet with the DJI Fly app? Is the Android Pie version 64 bit? I know the processor is 64 bit but don't know about the OS. I have the SM-T350NZAAXAR version and it has a 32 version of Android Marshmellow so it's incompatible with the app. I can fly with my S9+ but I'd like a bigger screen for my old eyes. Thanks!
2020-1-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day BeachPilot214. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots who uses the said tablet ( Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T290NZKAXAR ). Just a reminder that DJI recommends using a recommended mobile device for compatibility and reliability on both the DJI Mavic Mini and of the DJI Fly application. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2020-1-18
Use props
lifeisfun
lvl.4
Canada

Yes, it's working, install  the FLY app from DJi download site.The tablet is not that bright but it's dirt cheap.
2020-1-18
Use props
BeachPilot214
lvl.2
United States

lifeisfun Posted at 1-18 07:50
Yes, it's working, install  the FLY app from DJi download site.The tablet is not that bright but it's dirt cheap.

That's good to hear! Yes, there are several sellers on eBay selling them for less than $100 for refurbished, like new. I could always make a hood to help with the brightness. Thanks for the info.
2020-1-18
Use props
BeachPilot214
lvl.2
United States

Received my SM-T290 from eBay today and I confirmed that it has the 64 bit version of Android Pie (9.0) but the DJI Fly app didn't show up for it in the Play Store. I downloaded the app from DJI and installed it and it works as it should.
2020-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules