Gimbal rotation in Seek-And-Distroy sample
1938 4 2020-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RAMaker
lvl.1
Germany

Hi, I going thru the examples that DJI gave with the PC software. I want to understand the hardware, so I'm doing the trainig sessions.
Great ! I'm impressed about that litte S1!

In the trainig software See-and-destroy there is in the beginning a simple program, where a vision marker is found inside the FOV.The S1 finds the X and Y coordinate and then set the Gimbal to rotate to the cordinates. Well, the software works.

But I cannot understand why.
They are using the block <set gimbal to rotate around the yaw axis at (YAW) °/s and pitch axis at (PITCH) °/s >. After the execution of this block the Gimbal rotates to the coordinates.
WHY ?
In my understanding that block sets the speed of the rotation < angle / second > and not the rotation angle.....
But there is no block for rotating the Gimbal - but it works ......

Does that block has more function, than it is documented ?
Can anybody help me or explain my error :-)

Best regards to the comunity
K.D.

2020-1-18
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
United States

My suggestion is for you to understand how PID controllers work. Here is a nice video series about it:
2020-1-21
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
United States

Also, note that there is a call to stop the gimbal of it is pointing to the target. If that call did not exist the gimbal would keep bouncing from side to side.
2020-1-21
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

as BGA explains, the pitch and yaw of the turret movement is controlled by the two PID Controllers created at the beginning of the program, as shown in the red box below.

Calls to the PID Controller functions then serve to, as shown in the Picture below:
1) compute a turret alignment error in the pitch and yaw axies (aka PID Error) to line the turret line of fire with the center of the first Marker identified by the Marker recognition AI function in the MarkerList; and
2) send the computer pitch and yaw rate (X and Y) to the Turret controller.

2020-1-22
Use props
RAMaker
lvl.1
Germany

rhoude57 - YUL Posted at 1-22 13:40
as BGA explains, the pitch and yaw of the turret movement is controlled by the two PID Controllers created at the beginning of the program, as shown in the red box below.

[view_image]

Hello and thank you for the replies !
I understand the theory of PID controller, but I was confused because the wording of the scratch blocks.
Now I understand that the "set gimbal to rotate ...." block does more that set the speed. It starts the rotation with a set speed.

The same scratch block for the chassis is different. There you set the speed and then you have annother comand to start the motion.

The wording of the scratch blocks is a little bit confusing in English, but it is more confusing in German. (what I'm using)
Thank you and regards
K.D.
2020-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules