Fantastic mini on Android but no quickshots ?
9469 17 2020-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
philgib
lvl.3

France

Hi,

I have spent thousands of dollars  years ago buiding my own drones.

Now that I saw the Mini on advertising, I purchased one and I must say I am deeply impressed knowing the multplicity of components which have to work right together.

I have one question : I have a redmi Note 7 which I imported from China into my country : France .  I installed the DJI fly, I installed the firmware as suggested by DJI fly it was a bruise to do so. I played already a few hours with it and everything works great.

Until... I started to look for quickshots  :-) I do not have those. I l looked at the DJI fly settings, it tells me that all my firmwares are updated.

Any hint please ? I like the idea of quickshots.

Cheers
2020-1-18
Use props
philgib
lvl.3

France

2020-1-19
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Have you already flown outside or only inside or have you only played with the app and haven't flown yet? As far as I can remember, the Quickshots menu item is only active if GPS reception is available. While the mini is ready to fly don't you see the quickshots item as shown in the picture ?
2020-1-19
Use props
philgib
lvl.3

France

Thank you for your msg

Here is a screenshot,  showing I am flying and not on S mode.

2020-1-19
Use props
philgib
lvl.3

France

2020-1-19
Use props
philgib
lvl.3

France

My versions

2020-1-19
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

If you tap on the camera icon (above the red button), don't you see the selection of photo, video and quickshot ? It could also be that Quickshot is only available if an SD card is inserted. I see you have none.
2020-1-19
Use props
philgib
lvl.3

France

Yes, maybe a micro-sd card is needed for those quickshots to start showing.I have none at the moment.
2020-1-19
Use props
philgib
lvl.3

France

When I tap the camera icon, it switches to still camera mode , with still camera icon showing.
2020-1-19
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

philgib Posted at 1-19 02:25
Yes, maybe a micro-sd card is needed for those quickshots to start showing.I have none at the moment.

I tried it and can confirm it. Quickshots take up more space than is available in the internal memory. Therefore, this function is deactivated if no SD card is installed. That's your "problem".
2020-1-19
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Yeah I noticed there were no Quickshots icon in the App when I flew without SD Card.
2020-1-19
Use props
philgib
lvl.3

France

Well that is good news. I am going to purchase one and will confirm here.

Many thx to all for your kind help
2020-1-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day philgib. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the Redmi Note 7 on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said drone and with the said application. I would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Redmi Note 7 will be able to work on the DJI Mavic MIni and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Mini. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you for your understanding and support.

2020-1-19
Use props
philgib
lvl.3

France

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-19 08:24
Hello and good day philgib. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the Redmi Note 7 on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said drone and with the said application. I would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Redmi Note 7 will be able to work on the DJI Mavic MIni and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Mini. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you for your understanding and support.

[view_image]

For your info, the Fly app works perfectly with the Xiaomi Note 7... with an SD card inside :-) Very low price for this excellent phone, so you may consider to include it in your compatibility list as it fits the low price marketing idea of the Mavic Mini.
2020-1-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

philgib Posted at 1-23 00:41
For your info, the Fly app works perfectly with the Xiaomi Note 7... with an SD card inside :-) Very low price for this excellent phone, so you may consider to include it in your compatibility list as it fits the low price marketing idea of the Mavic Mini.

Thank you for sharing these information philgib. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you.
2020-1-25
Use props
djiuser_Vh1o8g8o6P2Y
lvl.3
Flight distance : 811788 ft
United States

I had this problem, but it was because there was no SD card in the aircraft. Of course, you also cannot access Quickshots if the aircraft is not flying. Although I can't find this mentioned in any DJI literature for the Mini 2, Quickshots requires an SD card be installed in the aircraft.  By the way, I have seen discussions in DJI forums and elsewhere about SD cards and just like for other devices, it seems to be true that no two SD cards are the same! I had a devil of a time with multiple SD cards (constant popups (while flying!) telling me the was no SD card, or SD card failure, or whatever! Of course, whenever the drone couldn't access the card, Quickshots and other features were gone. My trial and error approach to SD cards was getting tedious and then I found this definitive list of compatible SD cards by a former DJI employee https://cultofdrone.com/best-sd-card-for-mavic-mini/.  I bought the first card on the list for $7 and have not had a problem, since.
2020-11-24
Use props
djiuser_Vh1o8g8o6P2Y
lvl.3
Flight distance : 811788 ft
United States

philgib Posted at 1-19 06:47
Well that is good news. I am going to purchase one and will confirm here.

Many thx to all for your kind help

I have seen discussions in DJI forums and elsewhere about SD cards and just like for other devices, it seems to be true that no two SD cards are the same! I had a devil of a time with multiple SD cards (constant popups (while flying!) telling me the was no SD card, or SD card failure, or whatever! Of course, whenever the drone couldn't access the card, Quickshots and other features were gone. My trial and error approach to SD cards was getting tedious and then I found this definitive list of compatible SD cards by a former DJI employee https://cultofdrone.com/best-sd-card-for-mavic-mini/.  I bought the first card on the list for $7 and have not had a problem, since. Hope that helps.
2020-11-24
Use props
djiuser_2BEvQUPMSQ1V
New
United States

Can somebody help me with a quickshot issue?

I have a 128G micro SD I steer. There’s enough space. My quick shots work nice but they don’t appear até the gallery!
Do you know what I need to do? Thanks
2021-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules