Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Manxmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

Near Monkey Mia

Near Monkey Mia

A beautifully clean inlet in Sharks Bay WA - near Monkey Mia.  

2020-1-19
Use props
DanbyUrgess
lvl.4
United States

Great photo, thanks for sharing!
2020-1-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Manxmann. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this beautiful photo you have captured using your DJI Phantom 4 Pro. Just a friendly reminder to please fly carefully and please be aware of the drone's altitude when flying over and above water. When flying above the water, the vision system of the said drone  will turn off automatically, if the vision system is affected an accident might happen. Again stunning work and thank you for your valued support.

2020-1-19
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-19 10:42
Hello and good day Manxmann. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this beautiful photo you have captured using your DJI Phantom 4 Pro. Just a friendly reminder to please fly carefully and please be aware of the drone's altitude when flying over and above water. When flying above the water, the vision system of the said drone  will turn off automatically, if the vision system is affected an accident might happen. Again stunning work and thank you for your valued support.

[view_image]

Thankyou for the information DJI Stephen.  I am always very careful when flying over water !
2020-1-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Manxmann Posted at 1-19 15:33
Thankyou for the information DJI Stephen.  I am always very careful when flying over water !

You are very much welcome Manxmann. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-1-21
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Manx,

Nice shot!  Is there much of a tide there?  So much cutting edge dolphin research has been done in Sharks Bay.  Beautiful water.  Mahalo!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-1-22
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 1-22 01:44
Aloha Manx,

Nice shot!  Is there much of a tide there?  So much cutting edge dolphin research has been done in Sharks Bay.  Beautiful water.  Mahalo!

Thanks Cetacean,
Tide ?  a big tide movement would be maybe 1.2 mtrs.  Quite often it's only 0.8 or so.   Means no great rushes of water in and out.
Having said that,  if you Google the bay,  you will see that there is limited ingress & egress available.
We lived in the area for most of our working lives & spent many happy hours sailing "The Bay"
Lots of Dolphins,  Sea Cows,  Turtles,  Sea snakes oh,  and of course - a few Sharks.
The Bay itself is fairly shallow water so was ideally suited to our 23ft Catamaran.  Great days indeed.

2020-1-22
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Manxmann Posted at 1-22 01:57
Thanks Cetacean,
Tide ?  a big tide movement would be maybe 1.2 mtrs.  Quite often it's only 0.8 or so.   Means no great rushes of water in and out.
Having said that,  if you Google the bay,  you will see that there is limited ingress & egress available.

Aloha Manx,

Good to hear.  The tides are very similar to here in Hawai'i.  With the dolphin research there, I regularly look at Sharks Bay on Google Earth.  From what I can see and what you said, you have some great experiences on the Bay.  Now I have to find the estuary in your photo!

Our Bay here is Kaneohe bay, a birthing ground for Hammerhead Sharks.  10,000 counted in one summer alone.  I did have an interesting experience with three 10 foot Tiger Sharks on the middle of the Bay once, but no Hammerheads, Hmm.  From that experience alone Kaneohe Bay may be a bridal suite for Tiger Sharks, because they had no interest in me at all, LOL.

Mahalo for the information!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-1-22
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

"I did have an interesting experience with three 10 foot Tiger Sharks on the middle of the Bay once, but no Hammerheads, Hmm."

The only shark I am likely to encounter now-a-days is served in batter with chips,  lemon & Chicken Salt !  

2020-1-23
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Manxmann Posted at 1-23 02:04
"I did have an interesting experience with three 10 foot Tiger Sharks on the middle of the Bay once, but no Hammerheads, Hmm."

The only shark I am likely to encounter now-a-days is served in batter with chips,  lemon & Chicken Salt !

Aloha Manx,

Yes, that sounds like a good combination.  When I first entered the Marine Option Program at the University of Hawai'i back in '69 or so, they had me cut up an 8 foot Hammerhead for a shark eating recipe competition.  I remember that the one that tasted best for me was to marinate the shark fillet in Italian Dressing overnight.  The fillet had already been immersed in sea water overnight previously to reduce the urea content.  It was pretty good.

So I checked on Google Earth!  Is the photo from the opening to Little Lagoon or the Dubaut Creek?  That water really is crystal clear!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-1-23
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

Another one for you Cetacean   
2020-1-24
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Manxmann Posted at 1-24 00:47
[view_image]

Another one for you Cetacean

Aloha Manx,

Now you are just making me jealous!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-1-24
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Manxmann Posted at 1-24 00:47
[view_image]

Another one for you Cetacean

Aloha Manx,

Is the photo from the opening to Little Lagoon or the Dubaut Creek?  That water really is crystal clear!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-1-24
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 1-24 01:56
Aloha Manx,

Is the photo from the opening to Little Lagoon or the Dubaut Creek?  That water really is crystal clear!

I have to be completely honest & say "I don't know"
It was just another little creek/inlet.  But it's not Little Lagoon
2020-1-24
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

I look at those mangroves & shudder.
About 35/40 years ago I was putting a dinghy into a similar looking creek and stepped on  a Stonefish.  Whenever I see Mangroves - the memory comes back VIVIDLY !

They say that pain doesn't train,  well I have an argument against that theory..  
2020-1-24
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Manxmann Posted at 1-24 15:31
I have to be completely honest & say "I don't know"
It was just another little creek/inlet.  But it's not Little Lagoon

Aloha Manx,

Yeah, Little Lagoon would be definitely noticeable!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules