Connection via Router Issue - Not connected and no QR
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mentat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14321 ft
Hong Kong

Hi all,

Just looking for some help with "connection via router" option.  Directly connecting to the Robomaster S1 works fine, so is connecting from computer via my home router.  When I tried to do it through my phone's Android App, after going into "Connection Via Router" and then clicked on the "Go Connect" link, the phone connected to the router without issue.  But when I switched back to the App, it still displayed "Router not connected".  Obviously no QR code either.  

I tried to connect to another phone's hotspot instead, same problem.

Can some one please tell me what is the trick in connecting via router inside the Android app?   Trying to setup a game between two S1 this week.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you   
2020-1-19
Use props
Optimus3
lvl.3
Lithuania

Hello,
First of all you need to set router connection on the robot. There is a small switch near antena. On one side there is a small mobile icon, on the other wifi signal icon. Place it on that wifi icon and then try to conncet.
There are some problems with connection. I have OnePlus 7t, 7pro phones do not make QR codes works perfect on other devices.
2020-1-20
Use props
Mentat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14321 ft
Hong Kong

Optimus3 Posted at 1-20 00:47
Hello,
First of all you need to set router connection on the robot. There is a small switch near antena. On one side there is a small mobile icon, on the other wifi signal icon. Place it on that wifi icon and then try to conncet.
There are some problems with connection. I have OnePlus 7t, 7pro phones do not make QR codes  works perfect on other devices.

Thanks, seems like my Huawei P30 Pro doesn't make QR code either........ Not sure what to do now
2020-1-23
Use props
Optimus3
lvl.3
Lithuania

Here is a list of supported devices:
Android Version v1.0.9
Requires Android 5.0 or above.
Samsung Galaxy S7,Samsung Galaxy S8,Samsung Galaxy S9,Samsung Galaxy S10,Samsung Galaxy Note8,Samsung Galaxy Note9,Samsung Galaxy Tab S2,Huawei Nova3i,HUAWEI Honor 9,HUAWEI Mate9,HUAWEI Honor 10,HUAWEI Mate10,HUAWEI P10,HUAWEI P20 pro,HUAWEI P30 pro,Google Pixel2,Google Pixel3XL,OnePlus 6,OPPO Find X,OPPO R15,VIVO X21A,HTC 10,MI 8,MI Mix 2s,Mi Max 2
2020-1-28
Use props
Phantom4k
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39629 ft
Canada

I have same problem .. P30 pro... did you find a solution? Can you help me?
2020-2-24
Use props
Phantom4k
lvl.1
Canada

Huawei P30 pro

That would be good if DJI can help us!
I found that I’m not alone in that situation.

Dji,
Please, update the Robomaster app so that we can manually add the wifi SSID and password..
Actually, the robomaster app is not seeing that I’m connected to the router!  So, no QR.

Thank you for your help
2020-2-24
Use props
JohnnyRobotic
lvl.3
United States

Another forum member solved connection problems by making sure the router was set to IPV4. Here's the link. Give that a try if you have not already.
2020-2-25
Use props
Phantom4k
lvl.1
Canada

Thank you for your help but I already looked at it and I’m ipv4.
I really don’t understand why the app doesn’t see that I’m connected to a router... a try all and every possible setting and nothing work always same problem.. the app ask to connect to a router...no QR CODE.

IF you have any advice, please let me know as I’m starting to think of selling this robot since I cannot use it at his full capacity... I even have purchased the S1 contrôle pad and the play more kit.

I still don’t understand why DJI are not just updating the app so we can add SSID AND password manually?
2020-2-26
Use props
MajorPrecision
New

United States

Phantom4k Posted at 2020-2-26 15:19
Thank you for your help but I already looked at it and I’m ipv4.
I really don’t understand why the app doesn’t see that I’m connected to a router... a try all and every possible setting and nothing work always same problem.. the app ask to connect to a router...no QR CODE.

I just purchased 2 Robomasters S1’s and the “router” connection (Battle mode) doesn’t produce a QR code on the app to scan although I’m already connected to it. I’ve tried on both a 2021 Samsung A7 Lite tablet and an IPhone pro Max iOS 15.1. I’m using the most updated firmware according to the app, my router has very strong signal. Both S1’s have the same issue. Neither has an issue connecting directly to Wi-Fi. I don’t understand why DJI just doesn’t allow a manual process of just adding the SSID and password. Please help if anyone has found a solution to this. Thank you.
2021-12-24
Use props
Jiri55
lvl.1
Czechia

Hello all,
although I have recommended phone Samsung S10, I experienced the same issue. After several other attempts i I downloaded Robomaster desktop application and performed the same steps as with mobile... and this works. Then I tried my old Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 where I run LineageOS 10. Connection was established, I was able to control the robot but I did not get any picture from the camera unfortunately.
UPDATE: at the second try - with the Tab S2 I managed to get it working successfully.

2021-12-25
Use props
GroundFlyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 461289 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

For my Samunsg Galaxy S10, I first turn on "Location Services", then start up the Robomaster app. Click on the "Connect via Router" option, and the QR code would be displayed. It seem that to read the Wifi networks, the app require "Location" to be turned on.
2022-1-10
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Optimus3 Posted at 2020-1-20 00:47
Hello,
First of all you need to set router connection on the robot. There is a small switch near antena. On one side there is a small mobile icon, on the other wifi signal icon. Place it on that wifi icon and then try to conncet.
There are some problems with connection. I have OnePlus 7t, 7pro phones do not make QR codes  works perfect on other devices.

2022-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules