123Next >
14544 97 2020-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
120ccpm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

I posted this on the Mavic Pilots forum, but it might be worth adding it here as well, in case there's still someone out there using DashWare. I created a Data Profile and Gauge back then when I had the P3S, and I recently adapted it to the MM. It uses the CSV files created by TXTlogToCSVtoolMM.exe (version 2019/12/29), available on Phantom Pilots.
The zip file contains the Data Profile, DataTypes, a gauge and installation notes.

[EDIT 01/22/2023] NEW VERSION 5.1 AVAILABLE AT POST #96, COMPATIBLE WITH CSV OUTPUT OF PHANTOM HELP LOG VIEWER]

DashWare Mavic Mini.jpg
2020-1-19
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.
2020-1-19
Use props
Debugger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4865846 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Thanks for sharing.
I don't know if I did something wrong but which is the gauge file?

I mean that in the c:\users\...\Documents\DashWare\Gauges there is a subfolder for each gauge.
Which file should I copy to the <DJI MavicMini> for example subfolder?

2020-1-20
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Nice thanks for sharing!
2020-1-20
Use props
Debugger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4865846 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Debugger Posted at 1-20 03:37
Thanks for sharing.
I don't know if I did something wrong but which is the gauge file?

Sorry, it was my mistake. I found it.
Thanks a lot again.
2020-1-20
Use props
120ccpm
lvl.4
United States

Side comment: getting the video and data file in sync (i.e. finding the right Offset value) could be a bit of a pain in DashWare, but for DJI drones is very simple, and very accurate. Here's how you do it:
1. Open the CSV file with Excel, write down the timestamp of the very first record (e.g. 2020-10-20 3:45:32.5pm).
2. Every time the MM is recording, it puts "Recording" in the "CUSTOM.IsVideo" column. Say you took 4 videos during that flight, and you're working on the second one in DashWare: write down the first timestamp of the second group of "Recording" records (e.g. 2020-10-20 3:46:44.8pm). If you were working on the 4th video, you should have looked at the first timestamp of the fourth group of "Recording". You got the idea.
3. Calculate the difference between [2] and [1] and that's your magic Offset value (e.g. 1m 14.3s). Works like a charm.
2020-1-20
Use props
120ccpm
lvl.4
United States

Version 2:
- changed "altitude" to "height" to make clear it's not absolute elevation but relative to takeoff point
- added metric gauge
- better instructions

2020-1-31
Use props
djiuser_rMfau4mwrDXg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 208274 ft
Poland

I can't download this:
2020-4-7
Use props
120ccpm
lvl.4
United States

Sent you a PM with a Google Drive link. I think you need a minimum level of activity on this forum, to be able to download attachments.
2020-4-7
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Well... I've finally come to the point where I was about ready.

But apparently my csv file of choice doesn't show any "Recording" value in the "CUSTOM.isVideo" column. What am I missing here ?
I've tried to search the whole .csv file to no avail.
P.S.: downloads work fine for me, both of them.
2020-4-8
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

m80116 Posted at 4-8 08:53
Well... I've finally come to the point where I was about ready.

But apparently my csv file of choice doesn't show any "Recording" value in the "CUSTOM.isVideo" column. What am I missing here ?

Use Airdata's CSV
2020-4-8
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Italy

I am not in a position to use Dashware comfortably... despite the fact that I don't think I am making any particular mistake.

For my understanding Airdata's CSV is as good as TXTlogToCSVtoolMM.exe originated .csv (direct conversion from .txt log file), which I used and compared against JJB's FRAP csv, and anyway the Recording label is nowhere te be found in the entire log file.
I can however discern where every single recording start from the FI column that is given value of "Starting" and FY  column that counts from 0 (in seconds apparently).

My problem however is that despite having imported the DJI Mavic Mini metrics, the guage and the profile... I can't get the .csv to load inside the program.

Might be my fault for using a quick project but at this point I feel it's beyond my time and possibility... I am giving up. Too bad I really wanted to get gauges to work for me but until there is a complete tutorial on that I am afraid I won't have any.
Addendum:
I've managed to import the .csv file, it was necessary to copy in the Project folder. I've managed to synch the video and data but toggling synch video option and setting the data start trim triangle... the problem is that Power level is all over the place.

According to Dashware or my .csv... I have no idea where the error originates, my Mavic Mini draws 1500 Watts of power alternatively with a more usual 72 W, video creation couldn't be done because of an error. I am afraid I've seen far too many problems that I can cure.

DW_synch.JPG
2020-4-8
Use props
120ccpm
lvl.4
United States

I will look into it, maybe they changed something in the last firmware that caused some values not to show up. As for the rendering error, that's a known issue with DashWare 1.9.x, caused by source videos with no audio track. For that, two options:
1. You install DashWare 1.7.37 (which is what I'm using, as none of the improvements in 1.9 were useful to me
2. You add a silent audio track to the MM video. If you go this route, use AviDemux or similar tool that can add the audio to the MP4 without re-encoding the video.
2020-4-8
Use props
120ccpm
lvl.4
United States

The problem with the Power value is caused by the latest version of TXTlogToCSVtoolMM.exe (2020/01/24). In the version I originally used (2019/12/29), values for CENTER_BATTERY.current [A] needed to be multiplied by a factor of 100, to get them into a reasonable ballpark. I mentioned that to ferraript (the developer of TXTtoCSV) and it seems he made the change in his tool, so now my Power value was 100 times bigger than it should! The new version comes with the updated Data Profile. I also included the current TXTtoCSV tool, so people get everything in a single package, with matching versions.

I see no issues with CUSTOM.isVideo, even with the current TXTtoCSV tool: the column shows no value when you're not recording, shows "Recording" when the camera is taking a video, and "Stop" when it stops.

Quick tutorial on how to use DashWare with the MM Profile:

1. Download the old DashWare 1.7.37 (I was able to find it here) and install it. If you can't find it, go for the latest 1.9.1 directly from the DashWare site, but you will need to use the workaround I explained on the post above in order to be able to render the video.
2. Download my MM DashWare profile, and follow the instructions in the readme file. As mentioned above, I now include the TXTtoCSV file I tested it with. [EDIT 04/13/2020: to be clear, Data Profile and Data Types are to be copied in the right folders under your own Windows user, not Administrator. That was just an example.]
3. Go fly your MM, take a couple videos, copy them from the SD card to your PC.
4. On your mobile device, find the corresponding flight record (with TXT extension) and copy it to your PC.
5. Run the TXTtoCSV tool, click on [Open] and select the TXT flight record, click on [Save as...] and enter a file name for the CSV. To keep things organized, I use the same file name as the TXT, with a CSV extension. Click on [Go] to generate the CSV.
6. Open the CSV (I use Excel) and take note of the exact date/time of the very first record. Example:  3/22/2020 1:22:05.9 AM (note the decimal after the seconds, as Excel might want to round it up).
7. Look at the CUSTOM.isVideo column, and identify the block of records corresponding to the video you want to process in DashWare. For example, if you took 4 videos in your flight and you want to process the second one in DashWare, look for the second block of "Recording" in the isVideo column. Take note of the exact date/time when the recording started. Example: 3/22/2020 1:30:42.8 AM.
8. Calculate the difference between the start of the recording (step 7) and the beginning of the flight (step 6). I do it in Excel directly. Example:  1:30:42.8 - 1:22:05.9 = 8:36.9. This is your Offset (minutes:seconds.decimals).
9. Open DashWare, create a new project, load the MM video and the CSV (they do not need to be in the same folder as the project). When you load the CSV, it should detect automatically it's from a MM. If it doesn't, double-check you put the new Data Profile in the right place.
10. Go to the Synchronization tab, make sure the video cursor is at very beginning (the little "Current" box under the video should show "0.00.000"). In the right pane, move the data cursor manually until the other "Current" box shows a value close to the desired Offset (step 8). Use the little left/right arrows until "Current" shows the exact Offset. Arrow buttons move the cursor by 1/10th of a second, hold Shift to move by 1/100th and Ctrl to move by 1/1000th. Now check the "Sync with Video" button, and make sure the Sync Offset box just above it shows the right Offset. If it doesn't, it means the video cursor was not at the very beginning.
11. Drag one of my two gauges (imperial or metric) from the Gauge Toolbox onto the video (I assume you already imported them into the Toolbox, as per instructions) and position it where you want. Go to Project > Align Horizontally to center it.
12. Play the video, and double-check that the gauge values are in sync with what you see. It's easier if you have a moment in the video where the MM goes from stationary to moving, as you can easily check that the speed (and distance) values go up as soon as the AC moves.
13. Trim your video to your liking, using the little red triangles above the video slider/cursor
15. Go to File > Create Video, to render the final video. Quick tip: you can add simple titles at the beginning or the end, from the Project tab, "Edit Start Title", "Edit End Credits" buttons.

That's about it. I know DashWare is not the most intuitive software around, but once you get used to it, pretty much everything makes sense.
If you run into problems with data profile or gauges, let me know and I'll try to help you out.

2020-4-8
Use props
the1shark
lvl.3
Flight distance : 43156 ft
Israel

Thank you !
when I used the CSV file from AirData I was able to see the data in DashWare but there is missing data like vertical speed.
Tried to use your "txt to csv" executable , I was able to create the csv file which is considerbly large compared to the AirData CSV file,  but no data is displayed on DashWare.
Opening the synchronzaition window gives me nothing ( no map , seems like data from the csv can not be read .. ? )

Can you please advise ?

Thanks
2020-4-9
Use props
120ccpm
lvl.4
United States

the1shark Posted at 4-9 14:03
Thank you !
when I used the CSV file from AirData I was able to see the data in DashWare but there is missing data like vertical speed.
Tried to use your "txt to csv" executable , I was able to create the csv file which is considerbly large compared to the AirData CSV file,  but no data is displayed on DashWare.

When you add the data file to your DW project, does it automatically select the MM profile, like in this screenshot?

If yes, do you see it listed in the Project tab, under Input Settings, Data File(s), with "(DJI Mavic Mini)" at the end of the file name?

DashWare Input Settings.jpg
2020-4-9
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Nice work thanks for sharing this.
2020-4-13
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi mate

edited post it started working

2020-4-13
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Any idea why the exported video isnt showing the gauges, ive tried twice with 2 different gauges and it doesnt work, the video plays fine.
2020-4-13
Use props
120ccpm
lvl.4
United States

Are you saying my DJI gauge works fine inside the DW project (showing correct values as the video plays) , but  it disappears when you render the video, or it's there but shows no values?
2020-4-13
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
United Kingdom

120ccpm Posted at 4-13 08:43
Are you saying my DJI gauge works fine inside the DW project (showing correct values as the video plays) , but  it disappears when you render the video, or it's there but shows no values?

your gauges are spot on, the video in dashware works fine, but then when rendered the gauges disappear, ive been using 1.7, ive just installed 1.9 and apart from the annoying bit of having to add a soundtrack its worked fine, so its something on 1.7 version, ive used DW for years with my P2 and am very familair with it, this is the first time using it with the MM
2020-4-13
Use props
120ccpm
lvl.4
United States

crash1sttime Posted at 4-13 08:49
your gauges are spot on, the video in dashware works fine, but then when rendered the gauges disappear, ive been using 1.7, ive just installed 1.9 and apart from the annoying bit of having to add a soundtrack its worked fine, so its something on 1.7 version, ive used DW for years with my P2 and am very familair with it, this is the first time using it with the MM

That's a first... never had that issue. I actually just put together a new PC for home, so I reinstalled DW (1.7.37) and everything is working fine for me.
Knowing how delicate DW is, I can only suggest to start fresh with a new project.  Also, see if it's choking on 2.7K video, vs 1080p.
2020-4-13
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
United Kingdom

120ccpm Posted at 4-13 08:57
That's a first... never had that issue. I actually just put together a new PC for home, so I reinstalled DW (1.7.37) and everything is working fine for me.
Knowing how delicate DW is, I can only suggest to start fresh with a new project.  Also, see if it's choking on 2.7K video, vs 1080p.

Im going to do a roll back on the laptop before i installed DW today (hadnt installed it yet as the laptop was a clean install 2 weeks ago) and see if that fixes it, if not im stuck with 1.9.

Top marks on the gauges, ive shrunk yours down to show bats/sats/speed, any idea if there is a battery gauge similar to the P3/P2 one that someone created for DW
2020-4-13
Use props
120ccpm
lvl.4
United States

crash1sttime Posted at 4-13 09:01
Im going to do a roll back on the laptop before i installed DW today (hadnt installed it yet as the laptop was a clean install 2 weeks ago) and see if that fixes it, if not im stuck with 1.9.

Top marks on the gauges, ive shrunk yours down to show bats/sats/speed, any idea if there is a battery gauge similar to the P3/P2 one that someone created for DW

You mean a battery gauge visually showing the charge status (with bars) rather than a percent? It should not be difficult, there is already one (UAV Digital Bar Lights Small 50-500-1000) that could be a good starting point. As for the rollback, DashWare installations don't seem to be very intrusive, I tried 1.9 in the past and switched back to 1.7 with a simple uninstall/reinstall.

2020-4-13
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Italy

Thank you so much @120ccpm for your time and effort. I'm sure you've done a wonderful job to help us out with this live data.

I can't check the settings right now but I shall to at some point in the future...
2020-4-13
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
United Kingdom

120ccpm Posted at 4-13 10:55
You mean a battery gauge visually showing the charge status (with bars) rather than a percent? It should not be difficult, there is already one (UAV Digital Bar Lights Small 50-500-1000) that could be a good starting point. As for the rollback, DashWare installations don't seem to be very intrusive, I tried 1.9 in the past and switched back to 1.7 with a simple uninstall/reinstall.

[view_image]

Was thinking more like the P3 battery, with 4 lights that go out as the battery dimishes, I did have one somewhere for the P2 but cant find the gauge.

I ended up having to rebuild my laptop as i had installed Apple Icould and it completley messed up system restore (dont use anything apple on a PC)

I installed DW 1.7 and it all works fine now.

Thanks
2020-4-14
Use props
120ccpm
lvl.4
United States

crash1sttime Posted at 4-14 02:00
Was thinking more like the P3 battery, with 4 lights that go out as the battery dimishes, I did have one somewhere for the P2 but cant find the gauge.

I ended up having to rebuild my laptop as i had installed Apple Icould and it completley messed up system restore (dont use anything apple on a PC)

Yes, that's what I meant. The gauge above provides the basic building blocks required to create one. I will look into it.
Glad to know you got everything working, with DW 1.7.
2020-4-14
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
United Kingdom

120ccpm Posted at 4-14 06:01
Yes, that's what I meant. The gauge above provides the basic building blocks required to create one. I will look into it.
Glad to know you got everything working, with DW 1.7.

Found the P2 one, it was on my dropbox, feel free to have a play with it, would love to get it to mimic the battery level drop in the MM

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6kd5by ... 0Pack.dashware?dl=0
2020-4-14
Use props
120ccpm
lvl.4
United States

crash1sttime Posted at 4-14 08:40
Found the P2 one, it was on my dropbox, feel free to have a play with it, would love to get it to mimic the battery level drop in the MM

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6kd5byzmd26c5ij/DashWare%20Gauge%20Pack.dashware?dl=0
I sent you a standalone battery gauge.
It's a fast draft so there's some garbage in the .dashware file (which is effectively a zip file). I will look into integrating it into my DJI Main gauge.
2020-4-14
Use props
Cal Evans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85673 ft
United States

Interesting.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!
=C=
2020-4-15
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

I finally got this working, I was wondering where to find more gauges. I did a little search and found a bunch of custom ones but it doesn't seem like anyone wants to share, do you have some more you could share or know where to find some more? I'm starting to look into what's possible but figured I would ask first.

Is it possible to add a Max Amp to your existing gauge? I was looking at how you get other max values I'm just not sure if its the same.
2020-4-15
Use props
120ccpm
lvl.4
United States

ABeardedItalian Posted at 4-15 15:19
I finally got this working, I was wondering where to find more gauges. I did a little search and found a bunch of custom ones but it doesn't seem like anyone wants to share, do you have some more you could share or know where to find some more? I'm starting to look into what's possible but figured I would ask first.

Glad to hear you got it working! If there's anything in the above little tutorial that you found confusing or incorrect, please let me know and I'll edit the post.
Regarding the gauges, are you talking about DJI or in general? There's quite a good selection included with DW, some might actually work with the MM and my Data Profile without modifications (other would require some adjustments, mainly input variables). I do have a few custom gauges I use for motorcycle-related stuff (GoPro), but they're just variations of the existing ones, nothing radically new.
As for your question about max amps, the other max values come from the flight record directly. For example, the max speed is stored under CUSTOM.hSpeed.running_max [m/s]. DashWare has a Calculator (Lap Summary) that can be used to hold max/min/avg values for a given input. It's designed for closed courses, so I need to see if it could be used for the MM.
2020-4-15
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

120ccpm Posted at 4-15 17:44
Glad to hear you got it working! If there's anything in the above little tutorial that you found confusing or incorrect, please let me know and I'll edit the post.
Regarding the gauges, are you talking about DJI or in general? There's quite a good selection included with DW, some might actually work with the MM and my Data Profile without modifications (other would require some adjustments, mainly input variables). I do have a few custom gauges I use for motorcycle-related stuff (GoPro), but they're just variations of the existing ones, nothing radically new.
As for your question about max amps, the other max values come from the flight record directly. For example, the max speed is stored under CUSTOM.hSpeed.running_max [m/s]. DashWare has a Calculator (Lap Summary) that can be used to hold max/min/avg values for a given input. It's designed for closed courses, so I need to see if it could be used for the MM.

I was talking about in general, from googling I've found people that have gauges like: Stick movement, drone pitch and roll, gimbal pitch, 2d map of their flight, compass.

I've gathered that a lot of these are custom made and depends on what information we have to use with the mini. I don't know if thumb sticks are possible with the mini, I don't know if you would make that out of using the gps cord and that showing a fake stick input because it matches the direction it's flying.

Do you have or could point me toward some tutorials on how people are making custom gauges, plenty of people are happy to share what they've done but no one seems to have actually shared the files or explain how they did it.

Examples:

https://phantompilotsDOTcom/threads/p3a-p-dashware-profile-for-for-dat-files.61763/
https://phantompilotsDOTcom/threads/flynfranks-66mph-and-dashware-gauges.81199/
https://mavicpilotsDOTcom/threads/awsome-flight-on-mavic-2-with-dashware-telemetry-interface.67890/
2020-4-16
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
United Kingdom

120ccpm Posted at 4-14 19:51
There you go, standalone battery gauge, grey:
https://drive.google.com/open?id ... CycwrpMFz5SqXJqOLK-
It's a fast draft so there's some garbage in the .dashware file (which is effectively a zip file). I will look into integrating it into my DJI Main gauge.

Hi mate

Ive done a long flight ( i had to join 2 txt files together to get the full CSV file) in the garden and ran the battery to zero, ive added the P2 battery i found and set that up. here is the result.

Pretty chuffed, thanks for the help and the tools

2020-4-16
Use props
120ccpm
lvl.4
United States

crash1sttime Posted at 4-16 05:40
Hi mate

Ive done a long flight ( i had to join 2 txt files together to get the full CSV file) in the garden and ran the battery to zero, ive added the P2 battery i found and set that up. here is the result.

Cool! Have you tried the battery gauge I posted above, in response to your request?
2020-4-16
Use props
120ccpm
lvl.4
United States

ABeardedItalian Posted at 4-16 05:24
I was talking about in general, from googling I've found people that have gauges like: Stick movement, drone pitch and roll, gimbal pitch, 2d map of their flight, compass.

I've gathered that a lot of these are custom made and depends on what information we have to use with the mini. I don't know if thumb sticks are possible with the mini, I don't know if you would make that out of using the gps cord and that showing a fake stick input because it matches the direction it's flying.

Yes, all the data you mentioned is available in the flight records, and could be turned into a gauge. Some people are reluctant to share what they built, honestly I don't understand why...
Check this thread on Mavic Pilots, the guy designed some nice gauges/templates for the MM, people asked for them, no answer. He posted on my DashWare thread to let me know I was "reinventing the wheel", as there are plenty of gauges around, yet he didn't share his work... go figure.

To learn, I started from the tutorials on DashWare site. Also, use the Help from within the application... far from perfect, but useful.
2020-4-16
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
United Kingdom

120ccpm Posted at 4-16 06:48
Cool! Have you tried the battery gauge I posted above, in response to your request?

yes i have, it was set to CALC.distance (M), this didnt work for me on the video i did as it didnt travel any distance and the gauge line marking didnt change from 1 bar and the figure just fluctuated so i changed the assigment to SMART.BATTERY.battery and it now counts down from 100 to 0 thanks for it though, dont want to sound unappreciative.

I’m looking at other entries in the logs to see what else I can put on screen, I want to share the battery gauge but not sure how to do it.
2020-4-16
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
United Kingdom

If anyone wants the old Phantom 2 battery that counts the voltage down and turns off the 4 lights its here, if someone can improve it then feel free to repost it back.
https://drive.google.com/open?id ... Uqn0S9sli7P5eeeyif8

miniP2.jpg
2020-4-16
Use props
120ccpm
lvl.4
United States

crash1sttime Posted at 4-16 08:55
yes i have, it was set to CALC.distance (M), this didnt work for me on the video i did as it didnt travel any distance and the gauge line marking didnt change from 1 bar and the figure just fluctuated so i changed the assigment to SMART.BATTERY.battery and it now counts down from 100 to 0 thanks for it though, dont want to sound unappreciative.

Mmm... that's very weird... it works for me:

I looked at the gauge.xml directly, there is no sign of "CALC.distance", the only input is "Battery Capacity Left". Are you sure you imported the gauge correctly?
2020-4-16
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
United Kingdom

120ccpm Posted at 4-16 09:44
Mmm... that's very weird... it works for me:

[view_image]

Yeah i imported it as i usually do and to be sure i removed it and readded it, still shows the same mapped value.

I checked the XML and you are right it shows battery capacity left.

mm2

mm2
2020-4-16
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules