123Next >
14584 97 2020-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
120ccpm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

You should not need to use the Gauge Input Mapper (I never touch it), it means there is a problem somewhere else. Make sure you copied the Data Profile and Data Types from my package in the right place (under your user folder > Documents > DashWare, DataProfiles and Settings, respectively). Then start a new project, add a data file and make sure that when you select the MM CSV, the Profile automatically switches to "DJI Mavic Mini".
Then add my DJI Main Imperial and DJI Mavic Mini Battery to the project, and move the cursor from the Synchronization tab, you should see them both working together, showing the same battery capacity values.
If it doesn't work, PM directly and I'll try to help you.

2020-4-16
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

120ccpm Posted at 4-16 10:41
You should not need to use the Gauge Input Mapper (I never touch it), it means there is a problem somewhere else. Make sure you copied the Data Profile and Data Types from my package in the right place (under your user folder > Documents > DashWare, DataProfiles and Settings, respectively). Then start a new project, add a data file and make sure that when you select the MM CSV, the Profile automatically switches to "DJI Mavic Mini".
Then add my DJI Main Imperial and DJI Mavic Mini Battery to the project, and move the cursor from the Synchronization tab, you should see them both working together, showing the same battery capacity values.

"Then start a new project, add a data file and make sure that when you select the MM CSV, the Profile automatically switches to "DJI Mavic Mini".

That all works fine, the other gauges you supplied work fine, not quite sure why this one doesnt.
2020-4-17
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

120ccpm Posted at 4-16 10:41

now this weird, the short flight i used as a test works fine with your gauge, see picture, the input mapping is fine, so its something in the long flight CSV that doesnt want to work.

I had 2 TXT files i joined together to create the long flight CSV, i wonder if joining them has ruined the CSV file.

dashware 2.jpg
2020-4-17
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

crash1sttime Posted at 4-17 06:22
now this weird, the short flight i used as a test works fine with your gauge, see picture, the input mapping is fine, so its something in the long flight CSV that doesnt want to work.

I had 2 TXT files i joined together to create the long flight CSV, i wonder if joining them has ruined the CSV file.

Very possible. I don't recall seeing 2 TXTs records for a single flight, regardless how long, so I'm not sure why that happened to you. If you're trying to generate gauges for two (or more) separate flights, work on them separately. Do the first one, save your project as a template, then repeat with the other flights (each with its own videos and data file). Lastly, combine the rendered videos into a single one.

Couple things you might want to check and could cause problems:
1. last timestamp on the first TXT does not match the first timestamp on the second TXT, so your CSV effectively ends up with a time gap between two records, and DW chokes on it
2. if you merged things in Excel, it replaced the timestamp with a serial number, which DW doesn't properly process.

As you might have learned by now, DW does not handle exceptions very well, you need to be very diligent in feeding it the right info the right way, or strange things happen.
2020-4-17
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

120ccpm Posted at 4-17 08:35

Very possible. I don't recall seeing 2 TXTs records for a single flight, regardless how long, so I'm not sure why that happened to you. If you're trying to generate gauges for two (or more) separate flights, work on them separately. Do the first one, save your project as a template, then repeat with the other flights (each with its own videos and data file). Lastly, combine the rendered videos into a single one.

Ok ive got the sheet to work and it works great so just 2 more questions
1) the cell labelled CUSTOM.updateTime has this in the cells

CUSTOM.updateTime
34:14.0
34:14.1
34:14.2
34:14.3
34:14.4
34:14.5
34:14.6
34:14.7
34:14.9

If I highlight the cell it shows 14/04/2020  18:34:14 etc as it counts up

2) can we get the TXT to CSV program changed to edit the cell FY CAMERA_INFO.videoRecordTime and divide it by 60 to get minutes and seconds ?

Ive tried to manually edit the sheet (using a divide by formula) but the sheet then becomes problematic in DW

thanks for the help so far mate, most appreciated
2020-4-18
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

crash1sttime Posted at 4-18 05:23
Ok ive got the sheet to work and it works great so just 2 more questions
1) the cell labelled CUSTOM.updateTime has this in the cells

Ok, it's a bit complicated and painful to explain, but I'll try.

1) CUSTOM.updateTime  is recorded as a full timestamp, down to 1/1000 of a second. If you open the CSV with a text editor, you will see entries like "2020/03/22 01:22:05.867". If you open the CSV with Excel, it  recognizes updateTime entries as date/time values, and displays them the way it thinks is more appropriate, in this case minutes:seconds.decimals, like "22:05.9" . The full timestamp is still there, so if you play with cell formatting, you can make it display whatever you want. Problem is, if you now save the file (as a CSV), Excel will not save the full timestamps, but whatever it's displaying.

Long story short, I recommend NOT editing the CSV flight records in Excel.

2) I don't own that tool, a guy by the name of ferraript does, and he has a  thread on the PhantomPilots forum. Personally, I don't see the reason for what you're asking, as you're effectively losing information. Besides, CAMERA_INFO.videoRecordTime displays the time in seconds of the current video, so it cannot be used as a timestamp for the entire flight log. Now, since DashWare does not need a full timestamp, if you really want an updateTime that is easy for you to read (starting from 0), you can do the following:
- create a new CUSTOM.updateTime column next to the original one (let's say it's now column B)
- select the entire column and set cell formatting to General
- set B2 to 0 (zero)
- in B3, enter the following formula: =B2+0.1
- expand the formula to all other cells (select B3, double-click on little green square, bottom-right)
- select entire column, Ctrl-C, then Paste > Values
- delete the original updateTime column
The final result is a file that DW should properly recognize (I did a quick test, it worked) and it's easy for you to read, as the timestamps is expressed in seconds and decimals. But, quite frankly, in all the years I used DW, I never (ever) had the need for something like this!!!

2020-4-18
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

120ccpm Posted at 4-18 11:36
Ok, it's a bit complicated and painful to explain, but I'll try.

1) CUSTOM.updateTime  is recorded as a full timestamp, down to 1/1000 of a second. If you open the CSV with a text editor, you will see entries like "2020/03/22 01:22:05.867". If you open the CSV with Excel, it  recognizes updateTime entries as date/time values, and displays them the way it thinks is more appropriate, in this case minutes:seconds.decimals, like "22:05.9" . The full timestamp is still there, so if you play with cell formatting, you can make it display whatever you want. Problem is, if you now save the file (as a CSV), Excel will not save the full timestamps, but whatever it's displaying.

thanks for the input, i think i wasnt clear with what i was asking, i was after making a gauge that showed the recording time in minutes and seconds, just as a bit of fun, and camera_info.videorecordtime contains the relevant info, as I said i can reformat it in excel but as you said it doesnt save correctly and makes the file unuseable in dashware.

I'll carry on playing with it and see what i can do.

thanks again
2020-4-19
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

crash1sttime Posted at 4-19 02:17
thanks for the input, i think i wasnt clear with what i was asking, i was after making a gauge that showed the recording time in minutes and seconds, just as a bit of fun, and camera_info.videorecordtime contains the relevant info, as I said i can reformat it in excel but as you said it doesnt save correctly and makes the file unuseable in dashware.

Oh, I see... all you want is to have a gauge that displays videoRecordTime in minutes:seconds. It should be quite simple, I'll look into it later today if I have time. I'll give you a quick pointer, in case you want to play with it yourself: edit the MM Data Profile and map videoRecordTime to Lap Running Time, then use any gauge that shows the laptime. It should automatically display it as minutes:seconds.
2020-4-19
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

How would I go about getting a 2d map, I tried one of the heading gauges but I don't know what to use for the mini's heading. I tried one of the x/y gauges but I don't think the information from the csv is what it's looking for. I've googled and found how people are adding google images behind it but not how to setup the actual map, I thought I'd ask. Do I need to edit the profile or am I missing something?

Thanks.
2020-4-19
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

ABeardedItalian Posted at 4-19 19:50
How would I go about getting a 2d map, I tried one of the heading gauges but I don't know what to use for the mini's heading. I tried one of the x/y gauges but I don't think the information from the csv is what it's looking for. I've googled and found how people are adding google images behind it but not how to setup the actual map, I thought I'd ask. Do I need to edit the profile or am I missing something?

Thanks.

My current Data Profile gets latitude and longitude correctly from the the flight record, but for whatever reason, the Synchronization Map does not show any data, and the map gauge doesn't work either. I think I know what's missing, as soon as I have time I'll look into it.

Once that's working, the map gauge will show the entire flight path, with a dot representing the current position. You can then add a satellite image of the same location (properly scaled) behind the map gauge, for a nice effect.
2020-4-19
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

120ccpm Posted at 4-19 10:47
Oh, I see... all you want is to have a gauge that displays videoRecordTime in minutes:seconds. It should be quite simple, I'll look into it later today if I have time. I'll give you a quick pointer, in case you want to play with it yourself: edit the MM Data Profile and map videoRecordTime to Lap Running Time, then use any gauge that shows the laptime. It should automatically display it as minutes:seconds.

Thanks for the tip, ive sorted that now, even if its a redesigned original gauge it suits the job until I learn to start making my own gauges.

again thanks for the help

record time

record time
2020-4-20
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

120ccpm Posted at 4-19 10:47

edit the MM Data Profile and map videoRecordTime to Lap Running Time,

errrr ok always up for a challenge, i'll see if i can do that thanks

F me that was a nightmare, i just couldn't get the dam thing to work, errors like you must map a data column.... etc etc, but perserverance paid off and I managed to not only add the mappings in also the data type as well and finally made my own gauge, whoohoo

2020-4-21
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

crash1sttime Posted at 4-21 03:45
edit the MM Data Profile and map videoRecordTime to Lap Running Time,

errrr ok always up for a challenge, i'll see if i can do that thanks

Well done! FYI, I'm working on a new Data Profile, which makes more Flight Record variables available. I got your Video Record Time done, the map too (for @ABeardedItalian), I tweaked an old RC sticks gauge, and made some behind-the-scenes changes (variable names) to make it easier to make changes. Stay tuned.
2020-4-21
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

120ccpm Posted at 4-21 07:05
Well done! FYI, I'm working on a new Data Profile, which makes more Flight Record variables available. I got your Video Record Time done, the map too (for @ABeardedItalian), I tweaked an old RC sticks gauge, and made some behind-the-scenes changes (variable names) to make it easier to make changes. Stay tuned.

Cheers again fella, this will make a great update video for the dashware one i did for the P2, will defo credit you in the video by the way.

In relation to the sticks gauge for some reason even though ive checked it all over and added the mappings etc into the settings file i cant assign an input, as you are building a new file i'll stay tuned and use that.

2020-4-22
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

crash1sttime Posted at 4-22 04:49
Cheers again fella, this will make a great update video for the dashware one i did for the P2, will defo credit you in the video by the way.

In relation to the sticks gauge for some reason even though ive checked it all over and added the mappings etc into the settings file i cant assign an input, as you are building a new file i'll stay tuned and use that.

Here you go, new beta version available, with some extra gauges (RC Sticks, Video Record Time, Battery Icon, Map).

The Map is hit-or-miss, it works with some flight records and it doesn't work with others. In any case, make sure that "Closed Course" is NOT checked, on the Synchronization tab.

As for installation: this package includes an updated CustomDataTypes.xml, which must  replace the existing one. The new Data Profile instead could be used together with the old one, as they have differen file names and they can co-exist: when you add a Data File to your Project and select the CSV, under "Data Profile" you will have the option to pick the new one (DJI Mavic Mini BETA), or the old one (DJI Mavic Mini).
Lastly, the README now includes the full list of variables that are available, and that could be displayed with existing gauges.
2020-4-22
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

ABeardedItalian Posted at 4-19 19:50
How would I go about getting a 2d map, I tried one of the heading gauges but I don't know what to use for the mini's heading. I tried one of the x/y gauges but I don't think the information from the csv is what it's looking for. I've googled and found how people are adding google images behind it but not how to setup the actual map, I thought I'd ask. Do I need to edit the profile or am I missing something?

Thanks.

See post above. I added the Cartesian coordinates which are required for the map to work, but DW seems to choke on some flight records (data files). You're welcome to try it.

Quick tip: after you have synchronized your data file with the video (offset), you can use start/stop markers to select what portion of the original video you want to render. Well, you have similar start/stop markers for the data itself, which would effectively limit the portion of your flight path, that is displayed by the map. For those data files that caused the map to display weird stuff, I had good luck moving the start/stop markers by a little bit, then checking/unchecking  the Closed Course flag.
2020-4-22
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

120ccpm Posted at 4-22 20:11
See post above. I added the Cartesian coordinates which are required for the map to work, but DW seems to choke on some flight records (data files). You're welcome to try it.

Quick tip: after you have synchronized your data file with the video (offset), you can use start/stop markers to select what portion of the original video you want to render. Well, you have similar start/stop markers for the data itself, which would effectively limit the portion of your flight path, that is displayed by the map. For those data files that caused the map to display weird stuff, I had good luck moving the start/stop markers by a little bit, then checking/unchecking  the Closed Course flag.

Just about to fly, noticed the new FW update, so doing that now then will do a full test flight, thanks very much pal

Just noticed that the video run time is missing a digit so it only goes to 5 then resets

for ccpm.jpg
2020-4-23
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Also the sticks dont work correctly, sometimes the sync is spot on then the sticks show no movment but the quad is ascending/descending etc etc, not a big issue though.
2020-4-25
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

Oops, I'll take a look over the weekend.
2020-4-25
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

120ccpm Posted at 4-25 09:14
Oops, I'll take a look over the weekend.

I fixed the Video Record Time gauge, it was not missing a digit, but rather running out of space with videos longer than 9:59, pushing the last digit out to the right.
RC Sticks gauge works well for me, I didn't find anything wrong. Make sure sync offset is really correct.

The new version (v4) comes with a couple new gauges, including the individual cell voltages you asked about, via PM.
2020-4-28
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Didnt know it works with the mini.
2020-4-28
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Vlas Posted at 4-28 21:17
Didnt know it works with the mini.

It does using 120ccpm files mate here is a screen shot of mine

dashware test.jpg
2020-4-30
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

120ccpm Posted at 4-28 19:15
I fixed the Video Record Time gauge, it was not missing a digit, but rather running out of space with videos longer than 9:59, pushing the last digit out to the right.
RC Sticks gauge works well for me, I didn't find anything wrong. Make sure sync offset is really correct.

All sorted now, thanks for the help, ive built a Gimbal Pitch gauge, see the screen shot in my last post
2020-4-30
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

crash1sttime Posted at 4-30 09:17

Thanks for the info.
2020-4-30
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

crash1sttime Posted at 4-30 09:18
All sorted now, thanks for the help, ive built a Gimbal Pitch gauge, see the screen shot in my last post

Well done! I'll see if I can do something nice for the gimbal, I was thinking at a little camera icon (that moves according to gimbal pitch) instead of the number of degrees... or maybe both. In any case, glad to see you got bitten by the DashWare bug!
2020-4-30
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

crash1sttime Posted at 4-30 09:17

Thank you.
2020-5-1
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

120ccpm Posted at 4-30 14:48
Well done! I'll see if I can do something nice for the gimbal, I was thinking at a little camera icon (that moves according to gimbal pitch) instead of the number of degrees... or maybe both. In any case, glad to see you got bitten by the DashWare bug!

Yeah I certainly have, im now doing a video for my youtube channel, you will of course get credited for the work you have done, many thanks again
2020-5-2
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

New version available. with some new gauges (video recording time, gimbal pitch, battery icon, sticks, map, date & time, and more). You need to replace the Data Types and Data Profile with the new ones. I also recommend you start fresh with a new project.
Be aware that the map gauge is hit-or-miss, if the flight record is missing positional data in the first few seconds, DashWare chokes on it. I got some luck restricting the data range a bit (triangular markers in the Synchronization tab), and checking/unchecking the Closed Course box... that seems to force DW to rebuild the map and ignore the first (or last) entries with missing/incorrect positional data.

2020-5-3
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

120ccpm Posted at 5-3 15:44
New version (DashWare Mavic Mini v4.zip) with some new gauges (video recording time, gimbal pitch, battery icon, sticks, map, date & time, and more). You need to replace the Data Types and Data Profile with the new ones. I also recommend you start fresh with a new project.
Be aware that the map gauge is hit-or-miss, if the flight record is missing positional data in the first few seconds, DashWare chokes on it. I got some luck restricting the data range a bit (triangular markers in the Synchronization tab), and checking/unchecking the Closed Course box... that seems to force DW to rebuild the map and ignore the first (or last) entries with missing/incorrect positional data.

Right ive done the video, you may want to look in the top right corner, ive added the google drive link for V4 to the video description, if this changes let me know and i'll edit the link.

2020-5-6
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

Looks good, thanks for the credits, although it was not necessary.
2020-5-6
Use props
bluflyr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118839 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, I've scoured the web and so far I've come up with nothing. I stumbled upon this thread and it seems as though you have enough experience with dashware that you might be able to help me.
2020-5-11
Use props
bluflyr
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sorry about that cryptic message there. I did try to edit it but took too long and it kicked me out. (no longer able to edit)

So, here goes again lol...

I'm using DashWare and I've imported a .GPX file from a GPS logger (I can also export .CSV and .KML if required).

For the most part, it works just fine. I have synced the GPS track info to the video and all the gauges move/change as you'd expect. My wish is to use this logger on my fixed wing FPV aircraft, however, I'm having difficulty with the "distance from takeoff" gauges. Whenever I move one into the video window, it never moves... stays at zero.

I'm using the stock .GPX data profile, but I've tried importina a .CSV but can't figure out which profile to use with a .CSV.

I guess I just need to find out a way to "tell" DashWare the coordinates of "home" so it can figure out this value... but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to do that.

I'd be so grateful if you could shed some light on this.
2020-5-11
Use props
bluflyr
lvl.1
United Kingdom

bluflyr Posted at 5-11 07:12
Sorry about that cryptic message there. I did try to edit it but took too long and it kicked me out. (no longer able to edit)

So, here goes again lol...

OK after playing around with DashWare and CSVs for hours, I've come to a realisation.

DashWare itself doesn't actually calculate distance from home, the gauge merely displays the value that's present in the "distance" column that some CSVs have.

I downloaded a test .CSV from airdata, from one of my old mavic flights... compared it to the .CSV and GPX files that my GPS Logger outputs and immediately saw the difference.

Airdata has so many more columns, clearly the logging capability of the mavic is far superior to this USB dongle GPS logger that I have. Obviously the mavic calculates it's distance from "home" and logs this value along with everything else, on each line.

DashWare uses this distance column for the "distance from takeoff" gauge.

Conclusion: it's literally not possible to get distance from home/takeoff data overlaid onto my footage by using this GPS logger that I have.

Oh well, I'll just have to use the gauges that do work.
2020-5-11
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 835725 ft
United Kingdom

bluflyr Posted at 5-11 09:52
OK after playing around with DashWare and CSVs for hours, I've come to a realisation.

DashWare itself doesn't actually calculate distance from home, the gauge merely displays the value that's present in the "distance" column that some CSVs have.

Hi
Dashware can calculate your distance travelled from Latitude and logtitude coordinates.
Does your data logger record them? If not I'm afraid your out off luck.
2020-5-11
Use props
Madam Mikmak
lvl.1
Netherlands

First let me start with thanking 120ccpm for creating the DashWare profile and feraript on PhantomPilots for creating the TXTlogToCSVtool!

I have created a additional tool to support the creation of DashWare video's using the DashWare Profile and TXTlogToCSVtool.
The tool is called “DJI Mavic Mini Tool” and it will split the CSV files created with TXTlogToCSVtool into separarte files and only keep the information (log) which is applicable for the video’s shot. For each video it will create a CSV file (formatted in the same way as the original input file) and a GPX file.
Allowing a simplified processing of the Data Files in DashWare. Synchronization is now easy.. no calculations required.

Secondly I have created a manual to show the workflow I use to create DJI Mavic Mini videos using DashWare and DaVinci Resolve.

The result will be something like this:
DJI Mavic Mini - DashWare - DaVinci Resolve - Final.jpg

The tool and manual can be downloaded from: https://hobby.x68.nl/dji-mavic-mini/7-dji-mavic-mini-dashware-video-workflow

Have fun with using it.

2020-8-9
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can you create a profile for the Mavic Air 2 and Mavic 2 Pro ?
2020-10-21
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very cool - thanks for sharing
2020-10-21
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

bluflyr Posted at 5-11 09:52

Sorry for the late reply, I missed your post back in May and I haven't been on this forum in a while.
You came to the right conclusion: DashWare does not have the capability of calculating the "distance from home". It would be easy to implement (using the first set of coordinates in the data file as the home point) but it's not there and - to my knowledge - there is no way around it.
2020-10-21
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 10-21 07:28
Can you create a profile for the Mavic Air 2 and Mavic 2 Pro ?

Assuming you're asking me, the answer is no: I only created profiles for the drones I owned, which are the Phantom 3 Standard and the Mavic Mini, and I have no plans of doing it for other models. You can modify my profile to work with the Mavic Air 2 or Mavic 2 Pro, though, and it should not be too complicated (assuming the Txt To Csv converter works on those flight records too).
The process, roughly, is the following:
- Open DashWare, go to File > Edit Data Profiles
- Select my "DJI Mavic Mini" profile from the Editor, click the icon to duplicate it and name it "DJI Mavic Air 2" (for example)
- Click on Open Data File and select a Mavic Air 2 CSV file generated by the Txt To Csv converter
- Select the first row in the data file and click on "Use Line to Auto-Choose Profile"
- Go through the list of Calculators/Converters one by one and make sure they all pick up the right inputs (columns) from the new data file.
- Do the same with Column Mappings (some mappings use calculated values, so they should be good to go, but others use values straight from the data file, so you need to make sure those are correct).

If you do this right, the gauges should all work without requiring any modifications. I know it sounds very complicated, but once you figure out the logic, it's not too difficult.

Best of luck!

2020-10-21
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing!!
2020-10-21
Use props
123Next >
Advanced