Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

120ccpm Posted at 10-21 09:00
Assuming you're asking me, the answer is no: I only created profiles for the drones I owned, which are the Phantom 3 Standard and the Mavic Mini, and I have no plans of doing it for other models. You can modify my profile to work with the Mavic Air 2 or Mavic 2 Pro, though, and it should not be too complicated (assuming the Txt To Csv converter works on those flight records too).
The process, roughly, is the following:
- Open DashWare, go to File > Edit Data Profiles

Awesome.
one last question. When I try to create the video from the Mavic Mini I am having mediafoundationmedia error-XXXXX numbers.
How do you resolve this? The mini is 2.7K and I am planning do 4K footage.
2020-10-21
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 10-21 11:20
Awesome.
one last question. When I try to create the video from the Mavic Mini I am having mediafoundationmedia error-XXXXX numbers.
How do you resolve this? The mini is 2.7K and I am planning do 4K footage.

Known issue with DashWare 1.9, it crashes when  rendering a video that does not have an audio track, like those generated by DJI drones. The workaround is to add a silent audio track to the video file, before using it in DashWare.

Attached, a small batch file that I made for that purpose, using the popular FFMPEG tool. To set it up:
1. Download the batch file and put it into a dedicated folder
2. If you don't have it already, download FFMPEG. Here's a  quick link to the current Windows build.
3. Edit my batch file to point to the location of FFMPEG (full path to ffmpeg.exe)

To use it, simply copy the MP4 from the drone into the folder with the batch file, and run it (double-click on it). It will automatically create a silent MP3 file and add it to the MP4. Take the newly created video file (with "_audio" in its name) and use it in DashWare.

It's honestly more complicated to explain than to do it... once you have everything setup and you know how it works, it literally takes a few seconds to generate a DashWare-compatible video file.

ffmpeg_add_audio.zip

472 Bytes, Down times: 29

2020-10-21
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

120ccpm Posted at 10-21 13:20
Known issue with DashWare 1.9, it crashes when  rendering a video that does not have an audio track, like those generated by DJI drones. The workaround is to add a silent audio track to the video file, before using it in DashWare.

Attached, a small batch file that I made for that purpose, using the popular FFMPEG tool. To set it up:

Thank you very much !!!!!!!!!!! it works like a champ !!!!!! PERFECT !!!!!
2020-10-21
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 10-21 13:30
Thank you very much !!!!!!!!!!! it works like a champ !!!!!! PERFECT !!!!!

Wow, that was quick! Pretty sleek, isn't it?

2020-10-21
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

120ccpm Posted at 10-21 13:33
Wow, that was quick! Pretty sleek, isn't it?

Yes !!!! Thank you for your fast support. I will post results here soon.
2020-10-21
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Here is something I created in DashWare thanks to your help !!!!
2020-10-26
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

I see you were able to create a profile for the Mavic Air 2, well done! You have some duplicates (height, speed, satellites) but I assume you're just playing around with different options to see which one you like the most. As for battery current, couldn't you find the right column for the MA2? I see it's always at 0.00A (and because of that, the Power is also always 0W).
2020-10-26
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

120ccpm Posted at 10-26 12:46
I see you were able to create a profile for the Mavic Air 2, well done! You have some duplicates (height, speed, satellites) but I assume you're just playing around with different options to see which one you like the most. As for battery current, couldn't you find the right column for the MA2? I see it's always at 0.00A (and because of that, the Power is also always 0W).

The Power is working, what happened is the Fly app version 1.8 and 1.9 are bugged and was corrected in 1.10 what I tested with my Ipad and works. Also, I just added the Total Air Time that was not listed in the DJI profile.

Here is an email from Frederic from AIrData.

Hi Nelvick,

Thanks for contacting us at Airdata and happy to help.

For version's 1.1.8 and 1.1.9 - DJI had a bug where this information was not reported. We worked with DJI and they fixed it in DJI FLY 1.1.10.
For example, you can see that the current is now correctly reported in your latest flight on Oct 23rd, 2020 (DJI FLY 1.1.10).

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Frederic

Here a sample of my Template.

2.jpg
2020-10-27
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

More good news. The Wind profile will be available in the feature.

Another email:
Hi Nelvick,

Thanks for contacting us at Airdata and happy to help.
We currently do not provide the ability to download the full in-flight wind data but are planning on providing this in the future.

Best regards,
Frederic

> Form Name: NXXXXXXXXXXX
>
> Form Email: XXXXXXX@gmail.com
>
> CurrentPlan: hd360gold
>
> registeredName: XXXXXXXXX
>
> registeredEmail: XXXXXX@gmail.com
>
> Is anyway Download in a CSV file the Inflight wind data to be added in a DashWare video ??? DashWare basically add the telemetry data in to the video, but i am missing my InFlight Wind data.

[TicketID#AD3058709]

2020-10-27
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 10-27 05:48
The Power is working, what happened is the Fly app version 1.8 and 1.9 are bugged and was corrected in 1.10 what I tested with my Ipad and works. Also, I just added the Total Air Time that was not listed in the DJI profile.

Here is an email from Frederic from AIrData.

Glad to hear the missing Current/Power was just a glitch in the app. Wind profile will also make for a nice gauge, wondering if it's going to be available for the Mavic Mini.
2020-10-27
Use props
Tensobon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13829 ft
Germany

any way to get that running on a m2 ?
2021-2-3
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

Tensobon Posted at 2-3 08:14
any way to get that running on a m2 ?

Most likely the Mini DashWare Profile can be adapted to work with the Mini 2, but I have never seen a Mini 2 Flight Record, so I can't say for sure.

On the subject, last time I tried to use the TXT to CSV converter with my own Flight Records, it failed. I believe DJI made some changes in the DJI Fly app which affected the format/encryption of the Flight Records, so I need to check if the TXT to CSV app has been fixed, and if its output is still compatible with the Mini DashWare Profile.
2021-2-4
Use props
djiuser_Ot64BhGWr41L
New
Flight distance : 12802 ft
United States

Thank you so much for the gauges! Much appreciate the work in creating these
2021-2-7
Use props
Jagerbomb52
lvl.2

Canada

Deleted post
2021-8-21
Use props
E-ManN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32713 ft
Canada

Hi All,

looks like the TXTlogToCSVtoolMM.exe in the DashWare Mavic Mini v4 zip package no longer works with the new version of DJI fly log files.  

When I run the tool, it creates the CSV but when I open the CSV with excel it has a bunch of weird characters in it (looks like ASCII characters) and cannot be imported into dashware properly.  I went back to using airdata CSV but it does not disply the sticks properly and recording time with airdata's CSV.

Hoping if avaviable someone can point me to the new zip package for new TXTlogToCSVtoolMM.exe for dji fly version ....

details ...

DJI Fly V1.6.6 (APK downloaded last week from DJIs site nad sideload install

Mavic Mini
aircraft firmware: 01.00.0600
rc firmware: 01.00.0600
flysafe DB 01.00.01.27
flysafe DB for apps: 01.00.01.27

any help much appreciated ... thanks,

E
2022-6-21
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

My love for DJI is at an all-time low because they are driving me absolutely mad with a repair, but since a couple people reached out and asked for an update to the Mavic Mini DashWare profile, I decided to spend some time and work on it over the weekend.
The new profile has been completely redesigned to match the CSV output from the Phantom Help Flight Log Viewer (courtesy of Mike Singer), which is capable of decoding the Mavic Mini flight records. Some gauges have also been redone and streamlined. Basic instructions are provided in the README file, including a workaround for the DashWare 1.9.1 audio bug.

DashWare Mavic Mini v5.1.zip

1.5 MB, Down times: 16

2023-1-9
Use props
sunsetdrn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 63888 ft
Canada

Apologies for dragging up an old post, but I am struggling with the output of Dashware when rendering the final video.   All works well within the project to add/modify gauges and synchronize, etc, but I get an immediate Media Foundation error at the end when creating the output video.  Hoping someone can set me straight.  Using the latest Dashware 1.9 and understand it doesn't work without the video file containing some audio...  so added some music  to the DJI video MP4 file (lasting full length of the video) using Windows Movie Maker (as suggested in another thread).   Still no success and the same error.   Subsequently found this thread and tried downloading the FFmpeg.exe as suggested and using the batch file helpfully offered a number of posts ago to add silent audio...  this alas fails to create the silent audio file, and gives me errors of 'silent_audio.mp3: Permission denied'  and then 'silent_audio.mp3: No such file or directory'.   I'm not sure if the video file is supposed to have ...audio appended to the file name afterwards but in my case it doesn't and the video file in the folder ultimately still doesn't render at the end of the project when used back in Dashware.  I don't think the batch file worked for me.   Can anyone help?   thanks.   
2023-3-3
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

sunsetdrn Posted at 3-3 12:37
Apologies for dragging up an old post, but I am struggling with the output of Dashware when rendering the final video.   All works well within the project to add/modify gauges and synchronize, etc, but I get an immediate Media Foundation error at the end when creating the output video.  Hoping someone can set me straight.  Using the latest Dashware 1.9 and understand it doesn't work without the video file containing some audio...  so added some music  to the DJI video MP4 file (lasting full length of the video) using Windows Movie Maker (as suggested in another thread).   Still no success and the same error.   Subsequently found this thread and tried downloading the FFmpeg.exe as suggested and using the batch file helpfully offered a number of posts ago to add silent audio...  this alas fails to create the silent audio file, and gives me errors of 'silent_audio.mp3: Permission denied'  and then 'silent_audio.mp3: No such file or directory'.   I'm not sure if the video file is supposed to have ...audio appended to the file name afterwards but in my case it doesn't and the video file in the folder ultimately still doesn't render at the end of the project when used back in Dashware.  I don't think the batch file worked for me.   Can anyone help?   thanks.

First of all, make sure to download the latest version of my package, version 5.1 (it's just a couple posts above). The batch file in the Audio Bug folder (ffmpeg_add_audio.cmd) creates the silent .mp3 automatically if it does not exist, but it seems that on your PC it fails because of permissions. Try running the .cmd file as an Administrator and see if that helps.
Using FFmpeg to add a silent track (or even a non-silent one) is better than Movie Maker as FFmpeg doesn't re-encode the video, it simply repackages the .mp4 to include the original video track, plus the audio track. In any case, what you have done with Movie Maker should have fixed the audio issue of DashWare, so maybe the problem is somewhere else...

2023-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules