Mavic Mini feature request: custom yaw speed and smoothness
5366 12 2020-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Un4Seen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1074646 ft
United States

The Mavic Mini has some absolutely great advanced settings for the gimbal, where you can set the gimbal's picth speed and picth smoothness, allowing to control how fast the gimbal moves up/down and how abrubtly it stops that movement. This is great for beginners who are having a hard time doing slow/smooth moves with the gimbal.

It would be marvelous if we could have the same advanced settings for the yaw of the drone itself. To be able to set the speed of the yaw and also the smoothness (how abroubtly it stops). I know that mode C (cinematic) somewhat helps with this, but it is not enough. I'd like to have even more control over these settings and not just in C mode, but in all modes (that's because I'd love to fly fast in a forward direction in S mode but still be able to turn very slowly and smoothly).

Some users have complained about the fact that even currently the Mavic Mini doesn't immediatly stop the yaw as you let go of the stick, but it tries to stop more smoothly (gradually). I think that this is actually a great feature and I hope that DJI keeps it and enhances it even more. There should be an option to set the speed and smoothness, so that old timers who are used to abrupt stopping of the yaw can be happy, but you should not disable this. Some new users as myself actually love it. Moreover, I'd like to be able to set it to even slower and smoother yaw.
2020-1-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum with your suggestion and your informative insights. Your comments and suggestions are very important to us. I will forward this recommendation/thread to our designated DJI support team for further attention. Thank you for your valued support,
2020-1-20
Use props
djiuser_4IaqMqDP5EvA
New

China

It would be awesome if this customization is extended to Rolling and Pitching as well (besides Yawing). That will benefit both beginners and experienced users to accommodate the remote control sensitivity to their flying skills. Just as we can currently do by fine tuning the gimble movements.
Thanks,
2020-2-12
Use props
fansaf0cb6e8
New
Flight distance : 3580030 ft
United Kingdom

Please could we have the ability to adjust the yaw rate as to be able to speed it up somewhat & have the choice as to whether the yaw comes to a smooth stop.. I personally like the instant stoppimg of the yaw movement as I like to have full control myself..
Jason
2020-2-23
Use props
sws2810
lvl.2
Flight distance : 418714 ft
United States

YES YES YES... YAW YAW YAW... SLOW SLOW SLOW --- P L E A S E   P L E A S E   P L E A S E. Yaw speed even in Cinematic mode, as it comes from factory, 'almost ruins' the whole Mavic Mini Experience. The actuall quality of the video is GREAT... until I try to  smoothly pan/YAW. And yes, I know all about F-Stops ratios to FPS. Yaw adjustments is a must - even like you have recently updated YAW Control on the new MA2.  Exponential stick control would be lovely. TY - DJI  
2020-8-22
Use props
sws2810
lvl.2
Flight distance : 418714 ft
United States

YES YES YES... YAW YAW YAW... SLOW SLOW SLOW --- P L E A S E   P L E A S E   P L E A S E. Yaw speed even in Cinematic mode, as it comes from factory, 'almost ruins' the whole Mavic Mini Experience. The actuall quality of the video is GREAT... until I try to  smoothly pan/YAW. And yes, I know all about F-Stops ratios to FPS. Yaw adjustments is a must - even like you have recently updated YAW Control on the new MA2.  Exponential stick control would be lovely. TY - DJI  
2020-8-22
Use props
GottliebPins
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I agree. I have been flying Phantom 4's for several years and the controls are very smooth to operate, making smooth turns is easy. The controls on the mini are VERY stiff. It's very hard to make a smooth turn. In cinema mode it's better but too slow. When turning to follow a moving object you can barely keep up. I want the ability to control turns but still accelerate quickly.
2020-9-1
Use props
djiuser_Crmi4tGF1RRK
lvl.1

Australia

Yaw Rotation Speed and Yaw Smoothness for the Mavic Mini please!!

It actually exist in the DJI Fly app:

But not available for the Mavic Mini yet

Please let us turn smoothly!
2020-9-3
Use props
djiuser_vcfenvRvzQue
lvl.1
United States

I couldn't agree more. I know other DJI models have sensitivity controls for yaw. Without such options, it's very hard to get smooth videos. Please add the controls in your next software update.
2020-12-10
Use props
Steven Hawthorne
lvl.3
United States

EVERYONE ASKING BUT DJI NOT LISTENING!!!!
2021-7-8
Use props
Fil.FR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23383 ft
France

Yaw Rotation Speed and Yaw Smoothness for the Mavic Mini please!!
When will that be available in DJI Fly for Mini ?
2021-7-28
Use props
djiuser_slLrcXeIZ17O
New

South Korea

DJI Paladin Posted at 2020-1-20 11:34
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum with your suggestion and your informative insights. Your comments and suggestions are very important to us. I will forward this recommendation/thread to our designated DJI support team for further attention. Thank you for your valued support,

I strongly demand this yaw smoothness option too.
2022-5-7
Use props
GTS 350
lvl.4

United States

This post is almost a year old and in that time they have added the feature to the mini 2.
2022-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules