Mavic Pro 2 Issues, No Image Transmission Signal etc. issues
15504 32 2020-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_5P7BSOuUrhlx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86191 ft
United States

Ok, 1st question.....and I know this is on the threads here and as much reading as I have done I have not seen a "solved", or at least one that has worked for me. I get a "no image transmission signal" error upon startup, and it gives me an "error code 200" Check whether aircraft is connected to USB " message.

Steps Taken: Updated All firmware for aircraft and remote, as well as software (DJI 4)
Reformatted and inserted SD card as per suggestions on other threads...didn't work..and I tried 2 different cards
Used multiple USB cables and 2 different devices ( iPad mini 4 and Iphonee XS)

Additionally I occaissionaly get a Gimble Overload message, which seems to be common with people having the same issue as above.

2nd Question...is it normal to hear the internal fan running, and occasionally loudly, even when the aircraft is sitting idle ( no motors running) but turned on?

Thank you in advance!
2020-1-20
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Is this a new AC or has it worked before with the same combination of devices ?
2020-1-20
Use props
djiuser_5P7BSOuUrhlx
lvl.1
United States

I purchased it from a local guy this morning.  He hooked up his iPhone and it worked fine, we flew it till the battery was low but he / I never had any issues. I took it to a field afterwards and it was fine, but mid way through the flight I lost video signal.  It came back again after that and it's been very intermittent but now it's almost never.  It shows I need to update the firmware to the controller and the AC now but it won't let me, as it quits around 50%
2020-1-20
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Use DJI Assistant 2 on a pc for the update

2020-1-20
Use props
djiuser_5P7BSOuUrhlx
lvl.1
United States

I don't have a PC, but have been trying to do it using my MacBook Pro to no avail.  No matter what I use, iPad mini, iPhone, or the MacBook, it all stops at 50% on the AC and then shows Faill
2020-1-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Were you able to confirm from the seller if there were any hard landing or crash that happened to the said drone? Please try refreshing the firmware of the drone using the DJI Assistant 2 to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

2020-1-20
Use props
djiuser_5P7BSOuUrhlx
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-20 16:28
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Were you able to confirm from the seller if there were any hard landing or crash that happened to the said drone? Please try refreshing the firmware of the drone using the DJI Assistant 2 to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K_2HgksJM4

No hard landings at all, not a scratch mark on the whole unit.  It worked fine when we tested it with no errors.  I"ve attempted to update firmware using DJ assistant 2, iPad mini4, iPhone XS and all get stoped at 50% and I get a message " Failed to Update" Error code (0x028103)
2020-1-20
Use props
djiuser_5P7BSOuUrhlx
lvl.1
United States

Ok after about 10 tries I got the firmware to update on both the remote and the unit but still no video.  Just an error code in the "overall status" Tab...error code (code 200). Takeoff failed.  Check whether aircraft is connected to USB.. Restart aircraft if no connection.. Contact DJI Support if it persists after restart.  It is persisting.
2020-1-20
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_5P7BSOuUrhlx Posted at 1-20 17:41
Ok after about 10 tries I got the firmware to update on both the remote and the unit but still no video.  Just an error code in the "overall status" Tab...error code (code 200). Takeoff failed.  Check whether aircraft is connected to USB.. Restart aircraft if no connection.. Contact DJI Support if it persists after restart.  It is persisting.

Which usb port are you using to connect the apple devices
to the RC, the one on the side or the one on the bottom ?

Without the device connected, does the RC still control the AC e.g. gimbal movement via the RC rocker switch etc.

2020-1-20
Use props
djiuser_5P7BSOuUrhlx
lvl.1
United States

lannes Posted at 1-20 20:04
Which usb port are you using to connect the apple devices
to the RC, the one on the side or the one on the bottom ?

The port on the side, and yes, the controller can still move the gimbal when not connected.  Oddly enough one of the errors I'm no getting is Gimbal disonncected, despite the fact I can move it.  Can't see internal memory, and can't read the SD Card (even tried to format it which failed)...and have tried multiple cards ...these have worked in it in the past so I doubt it is the actual card.
2020-1-21
Use props
smit3330
New

South Africa

Here is a few things to try as part of process elimination….

1.        Go back to the guy you bought it from and see if works on his device. If you cant…
2.        Change the device
3.        Change the cable
4.        Put device in “flight mode” mode
5.        Lower resolution on the device
2020-1-21
Use props
djiuser_5P7BSOuUrhlx
lvl.1
United States

smit3330 Posted at 1-21 06:53
Here is a few things to try as part of process elimination….

1.        Go back to the guy you bought it from and see if works on his device. If you cant…

What are the few things the post was empty?
2020-1-21
Use props
djiuser_5P7BSOuUrhlx
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_5P7BSOuUrhlx Posted at 1-21 06:54
What are the few things the post was empty?

Ok, gave up troubleshooting and sent it in for repair.  Hopefully they can figure it out and get it back to me sooner than later!  Thanks everyone for your in put! Peace1
2020-1-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_5P7BSOuUrhlx Posted at 1-20 16:31
No hard landings at all, not a scratch mark on the whole unit.  It worked fine when we tested it with no errors.  I"ve attempted to update firmware using DJ assistant 2, iPad mini4, iPhone XS and all get stoped at 50% and I get a message " Failed to Update" Error code (0x028103)

Hi. I am sorry to know that the issue still persists after this troubleshooting step. Can you please make sure that your firewall and antivirus software is off and then reinstall DJI Assistant 2. If issue persists please try a different computer. If you are still experience the same concern after these step. I would recommend you to contact our DJI Support Team to start up a ticket for further assistance. Please note that the repair cost will depend on the said warranty period of the drone otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you.
2020-1-21
Use props
djiuser_5P7BSOuUrhlx
lvl.1
United States

Thank you but I ended up sending it in for repair....something is definitely not right...I was able to get the latest firmware on there finally..I just had to keep trying over and over and finally it took, but still had the issue.  Just hoping it doesn't take forever to get back!  Thanks for your assistance!  Peace!
2020-1-21
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_5P7BSOuUrhlx Posted at 1-21 14:52
Thank you but I ended up sending it in for repair....something is definitely not right...I was able to get the latest firmware on there finally..I just had to keep trying over and over and finally it took, but still had the issue.  Just hoping it doesn't take forever to get back!  Thanks for your assistance!  Peace!

A tip for the future with DJI Assistant 2,  is to directly connect your PC to the router via Ethernet.
Sometimes it can be a temperamental over wireless
2020-1-21
Use props
djiuser_VsRE0l4KPsKu
New
Flight distance : 2155643 ft
United States

Any update? Having the same problems.
2021-6-5
Use props
JPT
lvl.1
United States

Sent in for repair
2021-6-7
Use props
djiuser_VsRE0l4KPsKu
New
Flight distance : 2155643 ft
United States

djiuser_VsRE0l4KPsKu Posted at 6-5 09:39
Any update? Having the same problems.

I had to send it in to be fixed. Had it back in 8 days! Covered under warranty. Thank you DJI.
2021-8-20
Use props
djiuser_zOg3WNIjhWpi
lvl.2

Mexico

I had the same Issue, it was the microSD card, I removed and replaced win another MicroSD card and now is working properly
2021-12-30
Use props
Pixolicious
New

Belgium

Hey Guys,

having now the same trouble. Error Code 200 can't take off. Error Code 0x028103 when trying to update. In the camera settings menu, he shows me internal storage not found.

The solution above with a new SD card seems totally weird, since this drone should be working without any SD card inserted at all.

So with the internal memory not shown, I can't acces the storage to format it. Factory reset with DJI Assistant 2 Mavic also not possible. Tried different cables of course. Just got a repair ticket and have to send it in I guess. I hope truly for them they will not be charging me for this crab, since the drone never flew in rain, never crashed, and it seems to be a 100% software related error on their end.

Keep you guys posted.  
2022-3-18
Use props
FloridaNext
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

What I'm wondering is what happens to the log files which are stored in the internal memory. After many flight hours there are certainly many of them and the small internal memory might run out of capacity. I hope there is an algorithm which overwrites the old ones by the most recent ones. If not, sooner or later we will all face this very problem.
2022-3-18
Use props
Fiji Wedding Photography
New

Fiji

Very simple fix, uninstall all DJI software. GO to Android Store and download installed the Go Fly For D.J.I Drone Software from Smart Widgets Labs. Your drone should work normal now. Had the lost connection error, transmission lost, blank screen for more than 2 years and drone was in cupboard, not being used. Today browsing the android store, why not try this software, and good news this makes the drone work normal. Everything is normal, you dont even need to buy the software.
2023-2-11
Use props
Fiji Wedding Photography
New

Fiji

Very simple fix, uninstall all DJI software. GO to Android Store and download installed the Go Fly For D.J.I Drone Software from Smart Widgets Labs. Your drone should work normal now. Had the lost connection error, transmission lost, blank screen for more than 2 years and drone was in cupboard, not being used. Today browsing the android store, why not try this software, and good news this makes the drone work normal. Everything is normal, you don't even need to buy the software. Shame ON DJI not fixing their DJI Software. I test on my Mavic 2 PRO, please test on other models and update everyone
2023-2-11
Use props
Fiji Wedding Photography
New

Fiji

Very simple fix, uninstall all DJI software. GO to Android Store and download installed the Go Fly For D.J.I Drone Software from Smart Widgets Labs. Your drone should work normal now. Had the lost connection error, transmission lost, blank screen for more than 2 years and drone was in cupboard, not being used. Today browsing the android store, why not try this software, and good news this makes the drone work normal. Everything is normal, you don't even need to buy the software. Shame ON DJI not fixing their DJI Software. I test on my Mavic 2 PRO, please test on other models and update everyone
2023-2-11
Use props
justincredible
lvl.1

Ireland

Did this get sorted??? I have the exact same problem, i bought the drone new and have had it about 2 years and flew it no more than 5 hours, im so annoyed with DJI. They offer no clear help on this, what is the point of a drone if you cant see the image on the smart controller. Ive read its the smart controller and the normal controller works better, do you think dji would sell me one??? Not a hope...
2023-7-2
Use props
ken1403
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13719016 ft
  • >>>
United States

I only use the USB-A on the bottom of the controller for a output to the tablet. Have had my Mavic 2 since Sept 2018 and never had a issue.
2023-7-2
Use props
Vito Anzano
lvl.1

United States

Had the same.problem even replaced my.gimbal camera still transmissiom signal lost and rc.disconnected,had the same.problems with the firmware and i literally just got.it.bCk from a repair,i too had.to.give up.and send it.in for.repair.
2023-11-19
Use props
Vito Anzano
lvl.1

United States

Also had a weird electromagnetic disturbance pop up a few times
2023-11-19
Use props
Vito Anzano
lvl.1

United States

All i know is ive spent a small fortune and.dji has had.my drone more then me so far
2023-11-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Vito Anzano Posted at 11-19 10:00
Also had a weird electromagnetic disturbance pop up a few times

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. Do you still experience this issue even when flying on a different location? Thank you.
2023-12-13
Use props
djiuser_TTtkWCR75BMz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8261 ft
Poland

HI!

I had problems communicating with my {Android <-> Mavic 2 Pro} when my phone had a poor internet connection (for example, in a small village far from the city).

At first I suspected the cable... then make software update... then the controller.... Nothing helped.

In my case, the problems disappear after disconnecting the DJI GO 4 application from the Internet (in the phone -> settings -> applications -> DJI GO4 -> Data usage -> I turn off access to WiFi + GSM data transmission + background data + data roaming). Unfortunately the map does not work - the flight route is shown on an empty map, RTH protection works well, you can also return to the azimuth using the track

The solution seems stupid, but if something seems stupid and works, it's not stupid ;-)

Pozdrawiam wszystkich droniarzy!  :-D
2023-12-16
Use props
Joseph Sandro IRRI
New

Philippines

I have the same problem. I tried everything suggested here but was not successful. Until I tried to open the cover of the portion where I could access the cable connecting the gimbal and the board. I pull it out and put it back again. Then, I tried to power on the drone and boom, the camera is now running and the problem is solved.
2-20 00:42
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules