2356 8 2020-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kjell R
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52320 ft
Norway

Hi
When I was out flying I came into some strong wind. I managed to fly the drone to a place where I could land, but when I tried to land I lost contact with the drone and It went into RTH mode. But at RTH height (50m) the drone did not move forward. I tried to initiate a landing, which I aborted because I was unsure of the condition where It should land. A time after that I lost contact with the drone, and from the video (which I managed to repair), It looks like the drone first landed on the grass, then took off again and landed in the water. The battery then started burning (smoke), but managed to get the drone and remove the battery, but I think the drone is beyond any repair. I have previously encountered on several occasions where the drone find out that it will land by it self without me being able to stop it (giving Not enough force messages).
According to airdata, the wind was only 5 m/s and the battery 60% at the end of the flight, and I got lot of Not enough force messages

I can provide Flightdata and video on request.

Thanks
Kjell R
2020-1-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I am sorry to hear the accident, Kjell. I'd suggest sending the drone back, if there is a doubt about the accident, data analysis can be applied as the drone is within the warranty period. We will provide you with a corresponding offer based on the data analysis result. Please start a repair request at https://repair.dji.com/repair/process/device
2020-1-20
Use props
WRA!TH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12175 ft
Australia

some people on youtube have been having the same issues and was apparantly rectified by replacing all the propellers. i dont know how this is a fix or why but maybe something to do with the original blades not providing enough lift or out of balance. good luck with dji service centre as it seems they need to sort some things out within their department. start a ticket and go from there mate
2020-1-22
Use props
Kjell R
lvl.2
Norway

DJI Thor Posted at 1-20 19:00
I am sorry to hear the accident, Kjell. I'd suggest sending the drone back, if there is a doubt about the accident, data analysis can be applied as the drone is within the warranty period. We will provide you with a corresponding offer based on the data analysis result. Please start a repair request at https://repair.dji.com/repair/process/device

Hi Thor,
After some discussion with support, a consultation case was opened for my accident on 29 of January and on February 6 I was told this was warranty case.  After that I have heard nothing. I sent a reminder on February 12 and still no answer, not even a auto reply. Is the support system down, is it some kind of policy from DJI or what?

Thanks,
Kjell R
2020-2-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Kjell R Posted at 2-21 01:07
Hi Thor,
After some discussion with support, a consultation case was opened for my accident on 29 of January and on February 6 I was told this was warranty case.  After that I have heard nothing. I sent a reminder on February 12 and still no answer, not even a auto reply. Is the support system down, is it some kind of policy from DJI or what?

Hi Kjell R, we apologize for the late response from our email support team because of the novel coronavirus prevention currently in China, we have informed the team to reply your email in priority, please note the email update later, thank you.
2020-2-21
Use props
Kjell R
lvl.2
Norway

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-21 02:55
Hi Kjell R, we apologize for the late response from our email support team because of the novel coronavirus prevention currently in China, we have informed the team to reply your email in priority, please note the email update later, thank you.

Hi Mindy,
Thank you for contacting the support team. They reached out to me and hopefully I will get a new Mavic Mini soon.

Thanks,
Kjell R
2020-2-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Kjell R Posted at 2-21 03:50
Hi Mindy,
Thank you for contacting the support team. They reached out to me and hopefully I will get a new Mavic Mini soon.

Thank you for your update, hope your case will be sorted out soon as well.
2020-2-21
Use props
djiuser_nuBEYlzFxCxo
New

Nigeria

Hi Dji,
How to i control my mavic mini from landing on its own.
2021-12-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_nuBEYlzFxCxo Posted at 12-7 00:16
Hi Dji,
How to i control my mavic mini from landing on its own.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we have more details? Do you mean how to trigger RTH function? You may refer to the user manual (P12 ) and tell us:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... Manual_v1.2_enI.pdf
Thanks!
2021-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules