Mimo App 'Please enter a valid email address' [SOLVED]
1339 6 2020-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Action Man
lvl.1
Australia

I was trying to register and activate my new Osmo Action and being frustrated by the Mimo app on my Android phone. I linked the phone and the camera and got the 4 digit code but when I tried to log in to activate, the app told me my email address was not valid ('Please enter a valid email address') even though I had successfully created my account and could log in on my laptop.

This became the subject of a support case which I subsequently closed when I found the answer. I'm putting the details here so that until the issue with the app is resolved, anyone else having the problem might get the answer to what was a frustrating problem.

While searching on the web for this issue, I found a post on an independent drone site from someone with the exact same problem with the DJI GO app. A response to that post said the app was objecting to a hyphen in the email address.

My primary email address has a hyphen in it so I set up a new account using my fallback Gmail account (no hyphen) and was able to register and activate my OA in under a minute via the Mimo app.

I let the person handling the open support case know about the resolution to this issue and closed the case. As I said previously, I'm posting this now in case anyone is struggling with the same issue at the moment.

Now I'm looking forward to having fun with my first serious action camera!

2020-1-20
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Thank you for sharing this.  It certainly can help others.
2020-1-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I am happy to know that your previous trouble was resolved. If you have further concern or inquiry, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help. Thank you.
2020-1-22
Use props
Interceptor_Alpha
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-22 12:29
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I am happy to know that your previous trouble was resolved. If you have further concern or inquiry, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help. Thank you.

The solution should be that a solution should not be needed. In no world should a camera have to be registered to be used.
2020-1-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Interceptor_Alpha Posted at 1-22 17:02
The solution should be that a solution should not be needed. In no world should a camera have to be registered to be used.

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble. With regards to the concern about the email this is needed to activate the said camera. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-1-23
Use props
fans59a60571
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95696 ft
Netherlands

hello, I have purchased an Osmo Pocket 3 and an Action 4, but my email-adress is not approved by the mimo app. I already have multiple DJI Product registered with this email-adress (incl the hyphen) , so I don't want to create another one. And since I work for an international company, I simply can't.

How can I activate my products?

Kind regards Marcus
2023-12-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans59a60571 Posted at 12-28 00:50
hello, I have purchased an Osmo Pocket 3 and an Action 4, but my email-adress is not approved by the mimo app. I already have multiple DJI Product registered with this email-adress (incl the hyphen) , so I don't want to create another one. And since I work for an international company, I simply can't.

How can I activate my products?

Hi, there. Sorry to hear about this situation. May I ask for the error message did you encounter? Also, I've sent you a direct message for further confirmation. I hope to hear from you soon.
2023-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules