976 10 2020-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneBees
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6698159 ft
  • >>>
Canada

You'd think someone would check this before making it available.

virus

virus
2020-1-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day DroneBees. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for bringing this information to us. The anti-virus software is reporting false positives. If the installation file is downloaded from the official website www.dji.com or obtained through regular channels, you can disable the anti-virus software on your PC to install the DJI Assistant 2 software. After the installation process is done, you can now enable the anti-virus again. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-1-21
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

You'd think someone would use the search feature to check if this has already been proven to be a false positive.
2020-1-21
Use props
DroneBees
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Paul_IA Posted at 1-21 14:35
You'd think someone would use the search feature to check if this has already been proven to be a false positive.

I did.

Maybe if they get more posts they'll release software that doesn't trigger the virus warnings.
2020-1-21
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
United States

DroneBees Posted at 1-21 17:50
I did.

Maybe if they get more posts they'll release software that doesn't trigger the virus warnings.

If you're using Windows Defender for antivirus protection, I think that's your problem. I own a software development company and I can tell you that false positives are a problem with the antivirus software, not the software manufacturer.

As for searching the forum, if you had typed in "virus" in the nifty search box, this is what you would have gotten for results:

2020-1-22
Use props
DroneBees
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Paul_IA Posted at 1-22 06:33
If you're using Windows Defender for antivirus protection, I think that's your problem.  I own a software development company and I can tell you that false positives are a problem with the antivirus software, not the software manufacturer.

As for searching the forum, if you had typed in "virus" in the nifty search box, this is what you would have gotten for results:

If your company released software that triggered false positives, would you not try to fix that? Would you at least warn people possibly on the download page that this might happen?

Thanks for taking the time to explain how to use a forum search. It was unnecessary, however. As I said, I posted to increase the number of threads on the subject.  Apologies if that annoys you.
2020-1-22
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
United States

DroneBees Posted at 1-22 07:02
If your company released software that triggered false positives, would you not try to fix that? Would you at least warn people possibly on the download page that this might happen?

Thanks for taking the time to explain how to use a forum search. It was unnecessary, however. As I said, I posted to increase the number of threads on the subject.  Apologies if that annoys you.

No, I don't. Because there is nothing I can "fix" about a crappy antivirus package that flags false positives. The fix has to be on the side of the antivirus vendor to not throw the false positive in the first place, not on the software developer to figure out what's wrong with the antivirus package.

I've been producing B2B software for large healthcare companies for over 20 years. Each one of our enterprise packages has over 75 different binaries. In that time, I've had one false positive on one binary from Symantec which the customer reported and it was fixed within 24 hours.

The low false positive isn't because I'm writing special code to avoid it. It's because businesses use real antivirus software that doesn't flood them with false positives. And when a false positive does occur, they fix it right away.

Again, don't blame DJI for a crappy antivirus package. I'm no fan of DJI software, but you should be directing your anger at Microsoft as they're the only ones who can fix the false positive.
2020-1-22
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
United States

As for spamming the forum "to increase the number of threads on the subject", you need to be aware of the forum rules.. You're annoying a lot of us.
2020-1-22
Use props
DroneBees
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

I'm really really sorry for annoying you.. I only meant to show DJI that it's still an ongoing problem. Please accept my apology. Should I delete the thread so you can relax or do you want to follow the rules you referenced and report me to the admin?
2020-1-22
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
United States

Oh, you're not annoying me at all. I am quite resistant to trolls. All I'm attempting to do is educate others who stumble on this thread so they don't make the same mistake you're making. If you want to continue to blame DJI for your antivirus package, more power to you.
2020-1-22
Use props
DroneBees
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Will do, thanks again for your extremely helpful education.  Why not be consistent and go be snarky about searching first in all those other duplicate threads you found? Why pick on me? My question was very politely answered by DJI in the second post. This would have quickly vanished if not for you.
2020-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules