1242 6 2015-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mourarts
New

Portugal

Hi,

i have a dji phantom 2 vision plus, some weeks ago i had a crash on a river :-(
The drone works well, but the battery, after that, doesn't turn off, the four green leds are always on and the red one (power button) blinks...
The battery is on until it gets uncharged. If i charge it again the same occurs.
If i charge it with just one led, when i unplugg the charger and push the power, the 4 leds light up and stay on till the charge ends.
The drone doesn't turn on if the battery is plugged to it.
The battery cells are charging and discharging normally. I think it's the smart battery board damage.

Can anyone, please, help!?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Paulo M Santos
2015-6-12
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

It does sound as though the battery was damaged. I don't  think I would  plug it into the Phantom. You Don't need additional damage. If you have a volt meter and can verify the voltage is around 11 volts then it may be ok to put in the quad, and bring up the assistant to see if their are any errors. Look at the battery tab and look at the cells and other info. Bad battery can give you a bad or even fatal flight.
2015-6-12
Use props
yorlik
lvl.3

United States

Paulo,

Is it within 3 months old?  If so, you might consider not posting anymore but ask dji if you can return it as defective under warranty?  

If not still under the 3 month warranty, then you now have a bad batery that no way should you consider using.  The shut off bit is absolutely required to prevent over and under charging it.

I would STRONGLY suggest you NOT charge it ever again:  this type battery WILL explode in flames if over charged, and without the shut off circuit working, you are asking for a very fierce intense fire.
2015-6-13
Use props
mourarts
New

Portugal

yorlik Posted at 2015-6-14 00:56
Paulo,

Is it within 3 months old?  If so, you might consider not posting anymore but ask dji if you ...

Thanks Yorlik for your post.
The battery is 9 months old i already bought a new one.
One more clarification, after the battery get discharged, when i charge it, the leds work normal, blinking the one cell that is charging, lighted up those one charged and off, the one without charge!!! When the battery gets full all stay off (Normaly). When i unplugg the charger all leds stay off, when i click de power (red) they start blinking, the ones charged (normally) and after a couple off seconds they all go on and the power button stop responding.
2015-6-13
Use props
mourarts
New

Portugal

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-6-13 08:54
It does sound as though the battery was damaged. I don't  think I would  plug it into the Phantom. Y ...

Thanks Roy for your post.
2015-6-13
Use props
Hamco
New
Canada

Is there a battery update?
2023-10-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hamco Posted at 10-22 17:25
Is there a battery update?

Hi, Hamco. The Phantom 2 has already reached its end of service. DJI has not released a new firmware since 2015. If you want to check the latest firmware, you can check the download section here: https://www.dji.com/phantom-2. Have a great day ahead.
2023-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules