I'd like to see a MOZA Slypod E like device for the Osmo Pocket.
1553 10 2020-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shantok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1104163 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Moza Slypod E for my A7 III. When you add a gimble it a lot to tote, not in my travel pack. I'd really like to see one about the size of the DJI Extension Rod. To work in conjunction as the Pocket to get some slick shots while traveling. So DJI please take note for when you'll release the Pocket 2 or Pocket Pro. I would find it more useful than a regular mini slider like the Rhino Rov. I do have the Andoer motorized camera video dolly but find it hard to find a smooth surface and it's too fast.
2020-1-21
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Here's where to ask: https://www.gudsen.com/contactus
2020-1-21
Use props
Shantok
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Curt1591 Posted at 1-21 22:29
Here's where to ask: https://www.gudsen.com/contactus

No I want DJI to make their own mini version that would work in the Mimo app. Be able to do more complex moves with the slide and gimble movements.
2020-1-22
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Shantok Posted at 1-22 03:22
No I want DJI to make their own mini version that would work in the Mimo app. Be able to do more complex moves with the slide and gimble movements.

I'm sure they will get right on it ...
2020-1-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum and thank you for sharing your valued insights. I will forwards this suggestion/thread to our designated DJI support team for further attention. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-1-22
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-22 08:37
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum and thank you for sharing your valued insights. I will forwards this suggestion/thread to our designated DJI support team for further attention. Thank you for your valued support.

Yes; put it in line with all the simple firmware update suggestions that have gone unresolved for over a year. I'm sure DJI will develop and manufacture an completely new accessory first!
2020-1-22
Use props
Shantok
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Curt1591 Posted at 1-22 14:32
Yes; put it in line with all the simple firmware update suggestions that have gone unresolved for over a year. I'm sure DJI will develop and manufacture an completely new accessory first!

That's what they do. They make money on new products not updates. Do you think they'll fix Rocksteady before they come out with a Action 2? DJI is a good hardware company that can fail on the software side. Not the only one Sony's menus are a mess. Zhiyun is another example with tons of new products with poor apps.
2020-1-22
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Shantok Posted at 1-22 17:24
That's what they do. They make money on new products not updates. Do you think they'll fix Rocksteady before they come out with a Action 2? DJI is a good hardware company that can fail on the software side. Not the only one Sony's menus are a mess. Zhiyun is another example with tons of new products with poor apps.

Although they make money with new product, they also have to spend a lot of money on development and tooling up.  For new models of existing product, this is normal; it creates obsolescence. But, with accessories, not so much.

When so many people complain about the cost of a $70 extension rod , or a $40 mic adaptor, I seriously doubt that many people will be willing to shell out the price of the pocket, itself, for such a slider.

Just a thought .... What would prevent mounting the Pocket onto your Slypod? Looks to me that we're dealing with a 1/4 x 20 mount with no software tethering between slider and camera.

2020-1-22
Use props
Shantok
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Curt1591 Posted at 1-22 23:49
Although they make money with new product, they also have to spend a lot of money on development and tooling up.  For new models of existing product, this is normal; it creates obsolescence. But, with accessories, not so much.

When so many people complain about the cost of a $70 extension rod , or a $40 mic adaptor, I seriously doubt that many people will be willing to shell out the price of the pocket, itself, for such a slider.

I do, but having to use 2 apps or the Moza app and the controls on the Pocket is not great. Also unless I use it as a walking stick its still more to carry.  I see it being a pretty simple device with a 8-10" throw and only one motor to control.
2020-1-24
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

"I do, but having to use 2 apps or the Moza app and the controls on the Pocket is not great. Also unless I use it as a walking stick its still more to carry."

Does the Moza app control your camera? My guess is that they are controled separately. Seems to me that your could set your Pocket, then set the Slypod.

Judging by all the features you desire - lightweight, compact, control of slider and camera - and all the whining and moaning over existing features, or lack thereof, I believe that trying to develop such a device would open up a whole new can of worms for DJI.

What color should it be?

2020-1-24
Use props
Shantok
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Curt1591 Posted at 1-24 15:10
"I do, but having to use 2 apps or the Moza app and the controls on the Pocket is not great. Also unless I use it as a walking stick its still more to carry."

Does the Moza app control your camera? My guess is that they are controled separately. Seems to me that your could set your Pocket, then set the Slypod.

Moza controls the camera through the gimble. I had a Aircross 2 and at first you did have to control separate until the apps and firmware were updated.  For timelapses they both stop for each picture. If the camera is not controlled and is moving the whole time you can't use it for night shots either. I didn't think that through when I sold the Aircross to get a Webill Labs S.

Worms like the Robomaster?

Gunmetal to match the OP2 pictures that were leaked.
2020-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules