Low Budget Smartphone for Remote Control?
833 9 2020-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

Hey.
I wonder if there are some good low-budget Phones for the Mini RC.
At the moment I use my Xperia XZ1 Compact. Works perfect but it's way too thick to fit into the Remote Control, even without Case. It should hold as long as I don't start running around, but I'm not that happy to be honest.

Also the Display is a little small.

Do you guys have any recommendations? Thinking about (of course the most important) stable Videotransmission and WiFi Signal, flat enough to fit into the RC, a bigger Display than my XZ1 compact and ideally a not too weak Battery.

I think about spending maximum 150€, less would be better. Preferably any China-Phone-Stuff, I guess you get the most there for your money.

No need for any other Extras. It will be a Mini-Control-Phone exclusively.

2020-1-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. I will highly recommend using a recommended mobile device that was listed on our website to avoid any possible issues on the application. You may refer to the image below. Also, hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members here in Forum. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your continued support!

2020-1-22
Use props
fans7e30011f
lvl.2
United States

I bought the LG G6 for flying the drone only, it was the cheapest I could find that would load the dji fly app, have been using it for 2 months now, and had no problems, I bought it ff of amazon for 150 dollars, brand new interntional version, so it had no warranty, but works perfect for this drone,Tim
2020-1-22
Use props
monkeyseemonkey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4347 ft
United Kingdom

I'm using my Huawei Y6 2017 with the app side loaded from the DJI website with no issues. It's a cheap, basic phone but I'm not about to change my phone just because DJI won't officially support 90% of the phones out there!
2020-1-22
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

Thanks for the recommendations. Hm, I'm a little afraid when buying an older Phone (Like the Huawei 2017) that we will get in trouble with further DJI Fly Updates... Need to think about it.
2020-1-22
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

IPhone 6, 6S, 6 Plus... cheap and reliable
2020-1-23
Use props
Forestjim
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

What budget priced Android Max size phone would anyone recommended ?
2020-1-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Forestjim Posted at 1-23 02:11
What budget priced Android Max size phone would anyone recommended ?

Depends on what you define as budget price.  I bought my grandson a Samsung Note 8 to use with his MM.  Nice big screen and bright.  It was 175 USD and got it on Swappa.
2020-1-23
Use props
Forestjim
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-23 04:51
Depends on what you define as budget price.  I bought my grandson a Samsung Note 8 to use with his MM.  Nice big screen and bright.  It was 175 USD and got it on Swappa.

Thanks for letting me know
2020-1-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Forestjim Posted at 1-24 03:32
Thanks for letting me know

You're welcome.  Have a great day and keep on flying.
2020-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules