Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
WILL A MAVIC 2 ZOOM'S ACTIVE TRACK, TRACK A MAVIC MINI
968 6 2020-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7e30011f
lvl.2
United States

I just recieved my new mavic 2 zoom in the mail today, and am wondering of the active track can track a mavic mini? the batteries ae charging and have the zoom all updated, we will know later today, Anybody have experience with this, I assume the mini is too small for the zoom to detect it, but we will see.Tim
2020-1-22
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

If I was a betting Man, I would say no, unless you are moving very slow.
Like you said, it is a small target, and the "tracking" bits still leave a bit to be desired.
Now, if they can incorporate the Skydio tracking system, then you would have something.
And vice versa, if Skydio 2 gets anything like Occusync, then you have a real game changer...
2020-1-22
Use props
fans7e30011f
lvl.2
United States

i agree with you, I dont have anybody here right now to fly the mini, but hopefully later, but am totally impressed so far with the zoom, I cant believe it is quieter than my mini,Timk\
2020-1-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. I'm afraid to say that there is a possibility that the Activetrack of the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom will not work on tracking the Mavic mini due to the size and it is a small object. We highly recommend to track only people (but not recommended to children) vehicles and boats, fly with caution when tracking objects. You may also refer to the image below. Thank you for your understanding and support!

2020-1-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think you need to get out and test.  Could be fun.
2020-1-23
Use props
Kimoy
New
Chile

Don't work, I already tried.
2020-1-25
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

I tried to do it on another Mavic and it wouldn’t work....I did get it to track for a short time but the distance was close...too close for my comfort so I cancelled out.
2020-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules