DJI mic adapter does not sound good as expected?
1253 4 2020-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AndyUS19
lvl.2

United States

Hi,
  Today I receive DJI mic adapter for osmo pocket (Geniune mic adapter ordered from adorama.com). I only tested inside the house with/without mic adapter. Without mic adapter, the sound is loud and a bit echo. With the adapter, even bump up level to 12db from Mimo app, the sound, even though no echo and warm, but not loud enough (I tested both Rode VideoMicro and Edutige ETM-001, both with deadcat on).

Basically, I can't see much different when recording with and without mic adapter. They both sound the same to me.
Do I expect too much from small device?  Or do I miss anything that I can make it better? Any comments or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

I'd give another test before sending it back.

Thanks.

2020-1-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. For us to better assist you, kindly provide a sample video with audio of the said issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-1-22
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

The Osmo Pocket's internal microphones are quite good sonicly speaking but there are a few mics out there that give almost the same output volume wise. Even then, most of those give roughly -3dbm less output than the internal ones. The main strength of using the adapter is outside allowing for the use of decent wind reduction measures where it becomes invaluable. The ADC inside the DJI audio adapter is very good quality but not very loud. As long as the mic used is good quality, raising the volume in post editing dos not raise the base noise level to any significant level and gives some headroom to avoid clipping from sudden loud noises. Try searching this forum's posts as this has been discussed many times with quite a few good recommendations for compatible microphones.
2020-1-22
Use props
AndyUS19
lvl.2

United States

Thank you all
2020-1-22
Use props
Xanmato
lvl.1
United States

Over time I have found that unpowered mics can have huge differences in sound quality and input volume. I have actually found an excellent microphone, for being unpowered that is, that sounds quite good but also is louder than the built in microphones! I can't really reccomend it yet since there are two issues and since I am new here I can't create threads yet. Basically it's not detected by the osmo pocket (but still records audio), and it records in .....stereo....kinda. When I can create a thread someday I will post clips and pray for dji to have a solution as it's a great microphone.
2020-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules