Phantom 2 motor struggles to initialise
1478 4 2014-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
info
New

Botswana

Hi people,

Just got my Phantom 2 Cannes edition yesterday and had about 20 minutes of lovely flight time. Really fun and loved it (except for when the lights turned red and suddenly the Phantom started drifting off on its own. Was scary but somehow managed to stop it from colliding with anything. adrenaline was high though and relief was had)

Problem is this morning I wanted to fly it again and everything was fine until I landed it and let it idle to check something and then on lift off it just tilted to one side and hammered off into the grass.
Yesterday I noticed that one of the motors "initialised" slower than the others but it was no issue and flew around ok. Except maybe drifted off a bit whenI didn't touch the controls.

Didn't think much of this until I tried to start up the machine again and now one motor does not start up properly. It kind of spins left and right as if it does not know which direction it should spin in. Without the prop on the motor hesitates a bit but does then start up and spins fine. With the prop on though it just spins stupidly back and forth as if it can't get enough power to get going.

I've changed the motor twice with the same result and also ran advanced calibration a few times but no dice.

Any ideas? I would really appreciate the help as I've been waiting forever for this quadcopter and I really need it quite critically for a shoot.

Perhaps one of the ESC boards?

Thank you so much in advance.
Michael
2014-11-17
Use props
info
New

Botswana

Just for anyone who runs into this problem,

I spoke to tech support at DJI and they say that the ESC board is most likely bad.
Kind of annoying that it gets here brand new after having being supposedly tested and calibrated and then has an issue out the box but I guess these things happen.

Will order a new board and replace it to see if it then works.

Happy flying

Michael
2014-11-17
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

info@tauanafilm Posted at 2014-11-17 22:48
Just for anyone who runs into this problem,

I spoke to tech support at DJI and they say that the ES ...

Brand new; isn't it covered under warranty?
2014-11-17
Use props
mark_lammers
New

Netherlands

Hello,

Please can write it here if it works?
Because i have the same problem, whit one rotor.

Regards, Mark.
2014-11-19
Use props
DJI-Soarsky Pri
lvl.1

China

Dear Info,
As your description, seems your ESC  Board cannot work properly. pls try to replaced a new one and test again.
Best Regards
DJI Innovations
2014-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules