Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I will forward this to our designated DJI support team ...
710 17 1-23 11:58
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jonny007
First Officer
Germany

First an foremost I would like to address DJI, but the users of the forum will also be interested in it if hopefully a nice detailed answer comes. :-)

We all know this :
"Thank you for your suggestion. I will forward this to our designated DJI support team for further attention. Thank you."

I wonder how it goes on when users submit suggestions, improvements, requirements, requests ... and of course also report about any found bugs. How can you imagine that ? Does DJI (support team, engineers, technicians ...) have meetings every two weeks (days ;-) ), in which the points posted in the forum are discussed and assessed based on urgency ? And regarding the desired additional features, is there a voting of what and when it could be implemented and what really makes sense ? Is the number of user requests decisive ? So I have found that, for example, setting options for video is most wanted as "most urgent". We also all know that users are the best 'after beta testers' for a relatively new product, but that's the case everywhere and in my opinion bug fixes are also the most important, but there may still be some space for additional features. Whether an how they are discussed, that's my question. I would appreciate a DJI answer.
Thank you.

1-23 11:58
Use props
Miixxa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 280682 ft
Finland

+ 1 for the fact that literally just today thought that this would be a fun question for DJI

I would have lots to say about of what I think about the subject, but I'll just keep following this thread for now...
1-23 12:07
Use props
WrongWay Feldman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19885 ft
United States

My best guess is when a forum moderator says they are forwarding something, they actually forward it.

My next best guess is that DJI prioritizes bugs that would tend to crash one of their drones.

My last guess is wish lists like video options, raw, active track, etc.. are not treated as urgent. I don't get how missing features followed by requests for those features should be treated as urgent or even treated as something they will add.

I bought an entry level drone knowing full well what features were missing and how I could get those features if they were important to me. All those requests are nice and it would be great if they added them but, in my opinion, if they don't it's no big deal.
1-23 12:08
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 5741089 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think you might get standard answer, they will refer your suggestions to engineers.

Although standard answer I do believe moderators are in direct touch with dji engineers and also CS, so your request will not be just ignored, having said that information coming from dji has always been very limited and admission of what might be causing bugs is standard.

I think this may be a cultural thing as well as them being a private company who rarely show their cards.

Regarding better controls for camera, I think the more threads and posts we see the better chance we have of getting changes .
1-23 12:26
Use props
MB Dronie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44970 ft

Portugal

hallmark007 Posted at 1-23 12:26
I think you might get standard answer, they will refer your suggestions to engineers.

Although standard answer I do believe moderators are in direct touch with dji engineers and also CS, so your request will not be just ignored, having said that information coming from dji has always been very limited and admission of what might be causing bugs is standard.

Hello I am new here don't know much about drones but I know about China a lot.  I have been working with them for over 10 years now. The messages are just a template answer. That's all. Safety issues get reported, all the other requests just stay here in the Forum. They have their own strategy regarding product development and I can tell you 100% sure no input from the public will make any Chinese company steer from their set course. This is a very special culture where the individual has no vote on anything. There is a hierarchy and the leaders know what's better for their customers and no one, and I mean no one will question a leader decision in these companies.  
1-23 13:47
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
First Officer
Flight distance : 753832 ft
United Kingdom

Begs the question if there are any western companies making/manufacturing similar models of the MM? If there is such a company and people start to buy them (because of the way dji delivers customer service and delivery issues in particular) they sure would change their ways. I for one might buy such a drone and have nothing else to do with DJI. On this forum, it seems like talking to robots. The "template" approach mentioned above is exactly what it is
1-23 14:33
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
Australia

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I hope that our valued DJI co pilots can provide you the best information for this inquiry. Thank you for your valued support.
1-23 14:48
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 525 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 1-23 14:48
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I hope that our valued DJI co pilots can provide you the best information for this inquiry. Thank you for your valued support.

Now that's funny, I don't care what anybody says.    
1-23 18:23
Use props
m80116
Captain
Flight distance : 3253904 ft
Italy

Let me say one thing about DJI support.

I can't poke FUN at them.

I've lost my drone and even on the forum they're incredibly prompt and attentive. This is UBER appreciated.

The amound of tips they have to deal is ginormous, hopefully some will make their way through...
1-24 00:53
Use props
Alevpi
First Officer
Flight distance : 43556 ft
Russia

1. China is now celebrating the New year!
2. You are told so that you are less outraged, and decisions are made by effective managers and they do not care what we care about!
1-24 01:20
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Captain
Flight distance : 433284 ft
Spain

I would love to see more and more companies making drones from other parts of the world, specially Europe.
Competition makes the industry more alive and entertaining, they can learn from each other mistakes and successes.
Personally I have worked in manufacturing with Chinese companies for more than 6 years, all good 90% of the time, but some stuff is outrageous.
I'm hoping they have a team of people checking this forum and "notifying" the designated department, and they indeed will add some of the wanted extra features.
1-24 02:16
Use props
jonny007
First Officer
Germany

Labroides Posted at 1-23 14:48

You are wrong, that's right : I hope that our valued DJI Team can provide you ... ;-)
1-24 09:16
Use props
jonny007
First Officer
Germany

MB Dronie Posted at 1-23 13:47
Hello I am new here don't know much about drones but I know about China a lot.  I have been working with them for over 10 years now. The messages are just a template answer. That's all. Safety issues get reported, all the other requests just stay here in the Forum. They have their own strategy regarding product development and I can tell you 100% sure no input from the public will make any Chinese company steer from their set course. This is a very special culture where the individual has no vote on anything. There is a hierarchy and the leaders know what's better for their customers and no one, and I mean no one will question a leader decision in these companies.

My question is a bit different, I do not ask and beg for Active Track, Boomerang, RAW etc. to which I would only get a robot answer anyway, but I would just like to know how the contributions are processed. If they would say "sorry, these are internals about which we are not allowed to provide information", it would also be an answer. But maybe there is no template for my question and therefore no answer. ;-) I also think that bug reports will be forwarded, but requests for additional features will probably be completely ignored. The course of the company you mentioned will be in that case that the Mini doesn't become too good, otherwise it would be a competitor e.g. for the Air. That is why it will remain as it is and I suspect that it will not get any additional features. But maybe a DJI answer will surprise us. ;-)
1-24 09:16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

jonny007 Posted at 1-24 09:16
My question is a bit different, I do not ask and beg for Active Track, Boomerang, RAW etc. to which I would only get a robot answer anyway, but I would just like to know how the contributions are processed. If they would say "sorry, these are internals about which we are not allowed to provide information", it would also be an answer. But maybe there is no template for my question and therefore no answer. ;-) I also think that bug reports will be forwarded, but requests for additional features will probably be completely ignored. The course of the company you mentioned will be in that case that the Mini doesn't become too good, otherwise it would be a competitor e.g. for the Air. That is why it will remain as it is and I suspect that it will not get any additional features. But maybe a DJI answer will surprise us. ;-)

I’m not sure what you base some of what you say on, for instance Mavic pro was still on sale when Mavic air was released a cheaper drone with a better camera and better features.

When M2 came out it was almost demanded that precision landing be implemented and it was, Otg for spark was never a runner but a lot of pressure seen it adapted for spark .

Gesture control was not a feature of Mavic pro, only spark at the time, but again constant murmuring on this forum over 6 months seen gesture mode being implemented in Mavic pro .

So many features have been added as per requests by members and owners of the Osmo pocket again much pressure on this forum.

Dji would ignore this forum at their peril, why do you think this forum is here, it’s to gather information from those who use their products for free, to gather the good and the bad to find out what users are looking for now and in the future.

It obviously impossible for dji to give everything users are looking for, in fact they probably won’t give most of what we are looking for, but I do think as part of free research that most of what’s discussed here regarding development will be logged somewhere, free information is invaluable.
1-24 09:36
Use props
jonny007
First Officer
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 1-24 09:36
I’m not sure what you base some of what you say on, for instance Mavic pro was still on sale when Mavic air was released a cheaper drone with a better camera and better features.

When M2 came out it was almost demanded that precision landing be implemented and it was, Otg for spark was never a runner but a lot of pressure seen it adapted for spark .

As I said, the question is whether and how user input is handled. A clear and very simple question and as long as you don't know that, you can only guess. And because there are only robot answers, it makes sense to think that they will be ignored... imho. Features were made in the past based on requests in the forum, do you know this ? Then that would be the answer and we can look forward to the next updates, even if DJI does not comment on it. We could need a whistleblower here ;-)
1-24 14:33
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

jonny007 Posted at 1-24 14:33
As I said, the question is whether and how user input is handled. A clear and very simple question and as long as you don't know that, you can only guess. And because there are only robot answers, it makes sense to think that they will be ignored... imho. Features were made in the past based on requests in the forum, do you know this ? Then that would be the answer and we can look forward to the next updates, even if DJI does not comment on it. We could need a whistleblower here ;-)

I don’t believe your going to get specific answers so refer to what Labroids said, but if you are ignoring what dji have done and are saying they would have done that stuff anyway, you might be mistaken.

I think common sense will tell you that no company can grow so big and have such a big share of the market while ignoring their customers, this year alone I have filled out 3 survey forms from dji, I took part in a 1 hour long call from marketing , there is a pretty big customer base here on this forum, it would be foolish of dji to ignore it and foolish of members to think they have no voice.

It’s quite obvious dji are not going to tell you how they come to their decisions no company would,
1-24 14:55
Use props
jonny007
First Officer
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 1-24 14:55
I don’t believe your going to get specific answers so refer to what Labroids said, but if you are ignoring what dji have done and are saying they would have done that stuff anyway, you might be mistaken.

I think common sense will tell you that no company can grow so big and have such a big share of the market while ignoring their customers, this year alone I have filled out 3 survey forms from dji, I took part in a 1 hour long call from marketing , there is a pretty big customer base here on this forum, it would be foolish of dji to ignore it and foolish of members to think they have no voice.

Again: I don't claim anything, only as long as you don't know anything you can only assume.

"foolish of members to think they have no voice" ...

Oh yes? Why ? I also work in a large software company and here we primarily respond to bug reports from customers (these are the best testers) but do NOT respond to requests for additional features from thousands of users. This is reserved for a small group of pilot customers (too many cooks spoil the broth). Why shouldn't it be the same here? But again, again and again, it was a simple question but there was or will be no answer. Let it be.
1-25 05:57
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

jonny007 Posted at 1-25 05:57
Again: I don't claim anything, only as long as you don't know anything you can only assume.

"foolish of members to think they have no voice" ...

Your getting me wrong here, I’m explaining it as it is, not as it could or should be and bringing the debate is quite reasonable.
1-25 06:55
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules