DJI MAVIC MINI Fly away and lost it
931 15 2020-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bobo3h
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98848 ft
Hungary

Hy. Today I want to show to my friends my little mavic and unfortunatly I lost it. I go to the latest point in GPS data but is 350m high and I think the wind took far away from that point. The fly is over my city and over houses. I try to find the mini, now I posted to facebook groups if someone find it to get it back to me for a little money compensation
I bough it for my kid in december for christmas, I bough the care fresh service + FMC and now I am werry sad about it

Sorry for my english

fly report is https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/R105OU8QMCUUNJTH89H9/

I want some help to recover my mini

2020-1-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, I am sorry to know about this unfortunate incident and thank you for sharing your informative insights on what happened. I would recommend for you contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket at ( https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav ). We have the professional team who would do their best to  assists you with regards to this matter. Thank you.
2020-1-23
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

I wonder whether you haven't seen that the drone drifts backwards while ascending WITHOUT (!) right stick movement and thats up to over 1000 feet. Perhaps one of an excellent analyst can tell you the roughly impact point.
2020-1-23
Use props
davidms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 428186 ft
United States

Sorry for your loss though not really a flyaway.

Left stick was full up the majority of the flight to an altitude of 1162ft! Wow. Why so high?
2020-1-23
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Sorry to hear you lost it. Did you try to drive close to where it was and use the find my drone function in the app?
2020-1-23
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

davidms Posted at 1-23 12:31
Sorry for your loss though not really a flyaway.

Yes, unfortunately more a throw away
2020-1-23
Use props
bobo3h
lvl.1
Hungary

deathsquad Posted at 1-23 12:36
Sorry to hear you lost it. Did you try to drive close to where it was and use the find my drone function in the app?

I try to find the drone. But the latest point in gps is useless since the aircraft is so high in altitude. In some point the RTH is activated but not comming down to 60m When i realize in what direction the wind take the drone i lost connection. My fault

I ask for aprox position where the drone is landed from 350m and a 5m/s wind flying backward.
2020-1-23
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

The drone doesn't descend in RTH mode.
2020-1-23
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

wow, this just seems like a lesson you really need to take on the chin and just move on. You did everything I would do if I was trying to deliberately lose my drone. You took it to a ridiculous height, you totally ignored it was being carried by the wind and kept climbing and you didn’t read the manual, at least not the part about how RTH works. You were expecting it to go down to 60m but RTH never descends before getting directly on top of the home point. Given the altitude of the drone, the remaining battery and the wind, I would say it’s totally impossible to predict where the drone landed, it could be literally anywhere.
P.S. Sorry if I come across insensitive to your loss, not my intention
2020-1-23
Use props
bobo3h
lvl.1
Hungary

Ice_2k Posted at 1-23 13:02
wow, this just seems like a lesson you really need to take on the chin and just move on. You did everything I would do if I was trying to deliberately lose my drone. You took it to a ridiculous height, you totally ignored it was being carried by the wind and kept climbing and you didn’t read the manual, at least not the part about how RTH works. You were expecting it to go down to 60m but RTH never descends before getting directly on top of the home point. Given the altitude of the drone, the remaining battery and the wind, I would say it’s totally impossible to predict where the drone landed, it could be literally anywhere.
P.S. Sorry if I come across insensitive to your loss, not my intention

U are right, The hight is more then i need to go. In camera mode i don't realize that is not above me. The wind came up and take the drone. I am werry upset on what I did realy. I try at weekent to find it on straigt line towards the last point i have or someone maybe find it and give it back to me.
I buy another one if i have some extra money . My kid is upset to
I am so looser today really, My whole day is a mess.
2020-1-23
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

bobo3h Posted at 1-23 12:41
I try to find the drone. But the latest point in gps is useless since the aircraft is so high in altitude. In some point the RTH is activated but not comming down to 60m When i realize in what direction the wind take the drone i lost connection. My fault

I ask for aprox position where the drone is landed from 350m and a 5m/s wind flying backward.

I would still look in that area it last appeared.
2020-1-23
Use props
bobo3h
lvl.1
Hungary

deathsquad Posted at 1-23 13:26

I go to the sane spot and a 50m area and nothing. The aircraft is in RTH for a while but maybe the wind take it more far away. I think we will find it soon. And i try to not impress my friends again in windy condition and not to make mistakes what I did today.
2020-1-23
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Quick look, another take off with no sat's until after in flight 20' 7m. Looking at the wind for your location at ground level was already over 10mph, I checked your in flight speeds and I'm amazed.

Avg speed of 24mph and gusts close to 40MPH RIP mini, since it was in RTH mode and descending while being carried backward it's really impossible to guess where it could of landed as the wind could of gotten stronger and carried it further.
Here's your flight, green is your path, yellow is the first location but doubtful at the altitude it was at and red being closer to where it could of landed granted the wind didn't carry it further. The mini was descending so it's possible it got out of the wind but it could be 5x further from the red line but it was following that flight path.

Good luck, but next time Read the manual or watch some videos before you repeat the same mistake.
2020-1-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Wow you’ve had a bad day, I think beating yourself up should help, but then just put it down to experience.
It sounds like you need to spend some time understanding how it all works, I suggest hold off buying another one until you understand how it actually works, read the manual a couple of times to start with .
2020-1-23
Use props
bobo3h
lvl.1
Hungary

ABeardedItalian Posted at 1-23 13:35
Quick look, another take off with no sat's until after in flight 20' 7m. Looking at the wind for your location at ground level was already over 10mph, I checked your in flight speeds and I'm amazed.
[view_image]
Avg speed of 24mph and gusts close to 40MPH RIP mini, since it was in RTH mode and descending while being carried backward it's really impossible to guess where it could of landed as the wind could of gotten stronger and carried it further.

Thanks for help. I learn from this believe me.
2020-1-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

deathsquad Posted at 1-23 13:26

That would be a waste of time.
Last recorded it was 1140 feet up, trying to get home but being blown backwards at 10 mph, with battery at 69%.
It would have kept blowing further away for perhaps another 10 minutes before low battery level would have forced autolanding.
It's going to have come back to earth something like two miles further away.
2020-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules