Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Customer Service frustration
12Next >
6314 51 2020-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SupBro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is anyone else frustrated with how DJI handles its customer service? It always seems like they cannot provide answers, solutions, or help in general. the typical "this has been escalated to the appropriate team" does not inspire confidence. I cannot think of another company on the planet who handles customer service in this way.

I'm wondering if they will listen if enough people stop buying their products. Let's find out, please take minute to fill out the survey.

Single SelectVote, Total 31 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

38.71% (12)
35.48% (11)
25.81% (8)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2020-1-23
Use props
WRA!TH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12175 ft
Australia

in all honesty mate i think it is just a breakdown of communication between departments. it does not inspire a lot of confidence with backup service. their customer service is difficult to deal with which makes it hard for the moderators who cop a bit of flack here. in general they do make nice products that for the most part function correctly. god help you if it doesnt though.
2020-1-23
Use props
SupBro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I completly agree, their products are good, but they don't yet understand how to handle customers, i guess China treates customers differently, they've got a lot to learn.
2020-1-24
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10310322 ft
Canada

DJI always treated me good,  whenever I had to deal with customer service they were always very helpful.
2020-1-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cant say Ive ever had a problems. but that might just be luck.
2020-1-27
Use props
fansf7a0fb26
New
United States

I received the DJI Spark Fly-more combo for Christmas of 2018.  I purchased the DJI warranty for one year for $45 at the same time.  Over the next nine months or so, I flew the Spark about a dozen times or so.  I never crashed it or got it wet.  It came out of the case and went back inside when finished.  In about the ninth month, the Spark intermittently stopped staying connected to the controller then eventually wouldn't connect at all.  I contacted DJI in December of 2019, a few days before my warranty expired. DJI told me to send the Spark, controller, and battery, in for repairs.  I paid for shipping and sent the Spark in.  A few weeks later, I was informed the Spark needed to be replaced and I could do so for $49 because I had the warranty.  I was emailed an invoice for $49 and I paid for the replacement.  Over the next few days I received several more emails from DJI for repairs so I called and spoke with a representative thinking this was a system error.  I was told there was an error with my account causing it to be held up but he was able to fix it.  He told me my replacement Spark would be shipped in a few days and to look for an email with shipping details  Over the new few days I was sent several more repair invoices for so I called back.  I was told by the representative that my Spark was reevaluated and there was actually no damage to it but instead my controller needed a motherboard replacement which is not covered by the warranty.  I was told the $49 replacement fee I already paid would be credited to the controller repair and I could pay the balance.  I would then get my old (apparently now fine) Spark and my repaired controller shipped back to me after I pay the new balance.  By now something doesn't seem right.  I called back and explained that when I was given the original invoice and I paid it, DJI entered into an agreement to send me a working Spark and controller.  I was given the run around and eventually was able to plead my case to two managers.  The second manager seemed like he understood my concerns and even said he agreed that I shouldn't have to pay any more money, especially given strange circumstances around the original quote for a new Spark then switching to a quote for controller repairs later.  A few days later that same manager called me back and apologized because he was unable to send me back a working Spark and controller.  My options were to be refunded the original $49 and get everything mailed back with no repairs, pay the $49 dollars and get a replacement Spark, or pay for the repairs to the controller.  Keep this in mind... Several of the quotes I mentioned earlier were for different and conflicting repairs for various prices ranging from $128 to $189.  Also remember, the Spark Fly-more combo was $450.  The warranty was $45 for a year.  The drone was never crashed or mishandled.  The final estimated repair is 128$ to keep get this back up in the air (after nine months of occasional use).  So, it appears that DJI has failed to build a product that can last at least one year even with proper handling. When a problem occurred, DJI did not stand by its product.  Instead, DJI stands to profit on an inferior product by selling repairs that may or may not even be necessary (as is evident by the inconsistencies in the repair quote process).  I hope you made it this far in my rant but buyer beware.  Be careful if you send your drone in for repairs and if you do, be suspect about what they tell you.  My hope is this information will educate the entry level drone consumer to how this company views the consumer.
2020-1-27
Use props
fansf7a0fb26
New
United States

fansf7a0fb26 Posted at 1-27 18:39
I received the DJI Spark Fly-more combo for Christmas of 2018.  I purchased the DJI warranty for one year for $45 at the same time.  Over the next nine months or so, I flew the Spark about a dozen times or so.  I never crashed it or got it wet.  It came out of the case and went back inside when finished.  In about the ninth month, the Spark intermittently stopped staying connected to the controller then eventually wouldn't connect at all.  I contacted DJI in December of 2019, a few days before my warranty expired. DJI told me to send the Spark, controller, and battery, in for repairs.  I paid for shipping and sent the Spark in.  A few weeks later, I was informed the Spark needed to be replaced and I could do so for $49 because I had the warranty.  I was emailed an invoice for $49 and I paid for the replacement.  Over the next few days I received several more emails from DJI for repairs so I called and spoke with a representative thinking this was a system error.  I was told there was an error with my account causing it to be held up but he was able to fix it.  He told me my replacement Spark would be shipped in a few days and to look for an email with shipping details  Over the new few days I was sent several more repair invoices for so I called back.  I was told by the representative that my Spark was reevaluated and there was actually no damage to it but instead my controller needed a motherboard replacement which is not covered by the warranty.  I was told the $49 replacement fee I already paid would be credited to the controller repair and I could pay the balance.  I would then get my old (apparently now fine) Spark and my repaired controller shipped back to me after I pay the new balance.  By now something doesn't seem right.  I called back and explained that when I was given the original invoice and I paid it, DJI entered into an agreement to send me a working Spark and controller.  I was given the run around and eventually was able to plead my case to two managers.  The second manager seemed like he understood my concerns and even said he agreed that I shouldn't have to pay any more money, especially given strange circumstances around the original quote for a new Spark then switching to a quote for controller repairs later.  A few days later that same manager called me back and apologized because he was unable to send me back a working Spark and controller.  My options were to be refunded the original $49 and get everything mailed back with no repairs, pay the $49 dollars and get a replacement Spark, or pay for the repairs to the controller.  Keep this in mind... Several of the quotes I mentioned earlier were for different and conflicting repairs for various prices ranging from $128 to $189.  Also remember, the Spark Fly-more combo was $450.  The warranty was $45 for a year.  The drone was never crashed or mishandled.  The final estimated repair is 128$ to keep get this back up in the air (after nine months of occasional use).  So, it appears that DJI has failed to build a product that can last at least one year even with proper handling. When a problem occurred, DJI did not stand by its product.  Instead, DJI stands to profit on an inferior product by selling repairs that may or may not even be necessary (as is evident by the inconsistencies in the repair quote process).  I hope you made it this far in my rant but buyer beware.  Be careful if you send your drone in for repairs and if you do, be suspect about what they tell you.  My hope is this information will educate the entry level drone consumer to how this company views the consumer.

Correction, I didn't pay for shipping, I was sent a shipping label.
2020-1-28
Use props
SupBro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansf7a0fb26 Posted at 1-27 18:39
I received the DJI Spark Fly-more combo for Christmas of 2018.  I purchased the DJI warranty for one year for $45 at the same time.  Over the next nine months or so, I flew the Spark about a dozen times or so.  I never crashed it or got it wet.  It came out of the case and went back inside when finished.  In about the ninth month, the Spark intermittently stopped staying connected to the controller then eventually wouldn't connect at all.  I contacted DJI in December of 2019, a few days before my warranty expired. DJI told me to send the Spark, controller, and battery, in for repairs.  I paid for shipping and sent the Spark in.  A few weeks later, I was informed the Spark needed to be replaced and I could do so for $49 because I had the warranty.  I was emailed an invoice for $49 and I paid for the replacement.  Over the next few days I received several more emails from DJI for repairs so I called and spoke with a representative thinking this was a system error.  I was told there was an error with my account causing it to be held up but he was able to fix it.  He told me my replacement Spark would be shipped in a few days and to look for an email with shipping details  Over the new few days I was sent several more repair invoices for so I called back.  I was told by the representative that my Spark was reevaluated and there was actually no damage to it but instead my controller needed a motherboard replacement which is not covered by the warranty.  I was told the $49 replacement fee I already paid would be credited to the controller repair and I could pay the balance.  I would then get my old (apparently now fine) Spark and my repaired controller shipped back to me after I pay the new balance.  By now something doesn't seem right.  I called back and explained that when I was given the original invoice and I paid it, DJI entered into an agreement to send me a working Spark and controller.  I was given the run around and eventually was able to plead my case to two managers.  The second manager seemed like he understood my concerns and even said he agreed that I shouldn't have to pay any more money, especially given strange circumstances around the original quote for a new Spark then switching to a quote for controller repairs later.  A few days later that same manager called me back and apologized because he was unable to send me back a working Spark and controller.  My options were to be refunded the original $49 and get everything mailed back with no repairs, pay the $49 dollars and get a replacement Spark, or pay for the repairs to the controller.  Keep this in mind... Several of the quotes I mentioned earlier were for different and conflicting repairs for various prices ranging from $128 to $189.  Also remember, the Spark Fly-more combo was $450.  The warranty was $45 for a year.  The drone was never crashed or mishandled.  The final estimated repair is 128$ to keep get this back up in the air (after nine months of occasional use).  So, it appears that DJI has failed to build a product that can last at least one year even with proper handling. When a problem occurred, DJI did not stand by its product.  Instead, DJI stands to profit on an inferior product by selling repairs that may or may not even be necessary (as is evident by the inconsistencies in the repair quote process).  I hope you made it this far in my rant but buyer beware.  Be careful if you send your drone in for repairs and if you do, be suspect about what they tell you.  My hope is this information will educate the entry level drone consumer to how this company views the consumer.

fansf7a0fb26,

Thank you for sharing your story with us. I think it's very valuable for people to know. I think generally we are accustomed to great customer service from companies who sell high price items, i.e. Apple, Louis Vuitton, Nikon, Sony, etc... we forget that DJI is pretty new to the game and also Chinese (which may or may not have different philosophies on customer service) which is probably why they don't treat us with the same respect and efficiency. 

For example, I remember when my phone broke, Apple sent me a new phone in 2 days, I didn't have to send mine in for repair.. wait 3 weeks and then get it back.. usually they will go above and beyond to keep their customers life as frustration free as possible. I have countless examples where other companies know how to make your life as a customer better. 

I can say that this is not at all the case with DJI, it's very much the opposite. It seems that at every step of the way, they have strict policies that they cannot change or modify, even if it's absurdly annoying and inconvenient. 

1. They don't empower their employees or managers to take action and do what the customer is requesting, (i.e. faster shipping, on-demand product replacements, instant decisions on requests)
2. They don't offer any sort of apology in the form of a giftcard, DJI credit, props, memory card, for the struggles. 
3. Their representatives are rude and robotic, in the sense that they lack human emotion and empathy for the frustrations faced by the customer, nice words don't cut it DJI! 

In writing this it is also my hope that this company quickly learns how to customer service is handled in the year 2020, and adapts before its too late and we move on to someone better. 
Feel free to continue sharing stories and filling out the poll above, i'd love to hear more about everyone's experiences. 
2020-1-28
Use props
SupBro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-27 05:29
Cant say Ive ever had a problems. but that might just be luck.

I hope this continues for you! It can be a very stressful and frustrating time dealing with them and their policies. I hate it
2020-1-28
Use props
SupBro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Picanoc Jack Posted at 1-26 04:50
DJI always treated me good,  whenever I had to deal with customer service they were always very helpful.

I'm happy there are folks who've had good experiences!
2020-1-28
Use props
SupBro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

They also received very low ratings on Google and with the Better Business Bureau. Come on DJI, listen to the people who put food on your table!

Here is an alert from BBB:
Pattern of Complaints
According to BBB files, our records show that the company has a pattern of complaints concerning consumers having difficulty getting a response or reaching representatives when inquiries or issues arise. On September 11, 2017 the Better Business Bureau contacted the company in regards to our concerns about the amount and the patter of complaints we have received. On October 20, 2017 the company responded stating they had add more customer service agents to better handle the volume of incoming calls. The BBB will continue to monitor these complaints.
2.jpg

1.jpg

2020-1-28
Use props
djiuser_VhZh2N7fmpg7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 35738704 ft
  • >>>
United States

100% correct on them pawning the problem off onto another worker who 1, won't read the entire email. 2, has no clue what their own company has warranty or not under warranty. 3, robotic or dumb, I can't get them to care about anything but the policy that sucks. I'm going to use my over priced care refresh insurance to replace these drones and sale them. Rather do that than have another fly away or another issue that customer service won't and can't help with after the fact a crash was to happen. Dji makes these RC toys not thinking long term but about flipping a buck. DJI you didn't help with my fly away when it was under warranty or even now after it's expired and won't see the fact you shaded out because it would've been 1 more fly away caused by your sales claim about the return to home feature and admit your technology isn't  Consistent, that would cost you money.
2020-1-29
Use props
SupBro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_VhZh2N7fmpg7 Posted at 1-29 22:21
100% correct on them pawning the problem off onto another worker who 1, won't read the entire email. 2, has no clue what their own company has warranty or not under warranty. 3, robotic or dumb, I can't get them to care about anything but the policy that sucks. I'm going to use my over priced care refresh insurance to replace these drones and sale them. Rather do that than have another fly away or another issue that customer service won't and can't help with after the fact a crash was to happen. Dji makes these RC toys not thinking long term but about flipping a buck. DJI you didn't help with my fly away when it was under warranty or even now after it's expired and won't see the fact you shaded out because it would've been 1 more fly away caused by your sales claim about the return to home feature and admit your technology isn't  Consistent, that would cost you money.

Thanks for your contribution. I agree with what you said, DJI does not empower their employees to go off script and do what's right for the customer.
2020-1-30
Use props
oxid8ter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20935 ft
United Kingdom

I spoke to live chat the other day. Felt like the guy was copying and pasting answers from an FAQ - when I told him the answers he was providing were not answering my questions they told me to email instead. Talk about passing the buck, Not the best first impressions.
2020-1-31
Use props
SupBro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

oxid8ter Posted at 1-31 04:55
I spoke to live chat the other day. Felt like the guy was copying and pasting answers from an FAQ - when I told him the answers he was providing were not answering my questions they told me to email instead. Talk about passing the buck, Not the best first impressions.

Thanks for sharing this. I suspect that they are very low level employees who are trained to answer basic questions and are totally unprepapred to handle anything above general knowledge and procedures, even the people on the phone seem this way. Total robots, guess this is how they train their employees in China.
2020-1-31
Use props
WRATH
lvl.2
Australia

why even have a help desk that doesnt help. dji have alot to start working on. autel is starting to look good. i am fast losing faith in dji and their consistency for repairs. maybe their people get a commission for every repair they get hence they push to have repairs done. either way it is very sub standard.
2020-2-1
Use props
SupBro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

WRATH Posted at 2-1 21:09
why even have a help desk that doesnt help. dji have alot to start working on. autel is starting to look good. i am fast losing faith in dji and their consistency for repairs. maybe their people get a commission for every repair they get hence they push to have repairs done. either way it is very sub standard.

I agree with you, their “help desk” isn’t much of a help desk in the traditional sense, as their employees are really only answering mundane questions and fail to take action to assist customers with their problems.

DJI, do you hear us? We don’t want a useless help desk that can answer FAQ, we want you to empower them to take action outside of your strict policies to help us fix our issues. That doesn’t sound like too much to ask after all we are the reason you’re a billion dollar company.
2020-2-1
Use props
WRATH
lvl.2
Australia

EXACTLY. Dont get me wrong some of their products function great. But their reputation is alot like some of their products (hit and miss). They have lost and will continue to lose customers as long as their disgraceful attitude to customer support continues. It really is simple " look after your customers and they will continue buying products" if they stopped treating their customers like idiots and listened they might actually get somewhere. Coming from a customer based business myself your customers are your revenue. It really isint a hard prospect to get your head around. DJI IF YOU LOOK AFTER YOUR WORKERS THEY WILL LOOK AFTER THE CUSTOMERS.
2020-2-2
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have had 7 DJI drones and have not yet to deal with CS yet, hopefully it will be that way for a while.
2020-2-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Had a few problems with CS but they got sorted very quickly and satisfactory. I think a lot of the time they are pretty rigid and follow the line but know straining outside the box, so they are not very flexible, but I have to say 99% of products arrive on time, repairs and replacements also seem to be in line with service offered.
If this was 2015 I’d say yes real problems at dji CS, but I have seen huge improvements in such a short time, considering they are a private company different culture and different language.

They are 12 years old, if you think back to when Apple were 12 years old, service was not up to today’s standard and same when they were 20 years old.

So yes a lot has been done but a lot needs to be done. We live in a society that demands instant everything can’t wait fo4 anything, and I have noticed over the years that this leads to great impatience with many people, I’ve seen people tearing their hair out because their spark is late by two days returning from being repaired, people loosing all common sense if they don’t get tracking within seconds of their goods departing.
Really burst a blood vessel over a spark drone, I’m certain that blood vessel could be burst for something a lot less trivial.
I think threads like this help to let companies know what their customers expect, but let’s not lose the run of ourselves.
2020-2-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

"I cannot think of another company on the planet who handles customer service in this way."

Unfortunately there are some other companies.  For example: Trying to get a faulty professional router, replaced.  Only to get stuck with support, who's trouble shooting skills don't go much beyond: Is it turned on.  Have you rebooted it.  Have you tried differet pair of Ethernet cables.

Two big issues with DJI.
1) DJI does not resolve easily fixable issues.  Such as getting DJI's Assistant blessed (certified) by Microsoft or Apple.  Leaving people for years having to disable Windows OS security during install, or program not installing properly on Mac OS-X.
2) DJI takes to long to fix issues or takes to many stabs at fixiing issues.  Like over-heating problems with Crystal Sky.  Or Crystal Sky's jittering Compass on crack.  Then there was fiasco with Mavic Air's needed firmware taking back burner, then on to warming tray to DJI getting Mavic 2 out.

2020-2-9
Use props
SupBro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2-8 23:13
Have had 7 DJI drones and have not yet to deal with CS yet, hopefully it will be that way for a while.

If i had never dealt with their customers service, i would have a different opinion of them
2020-2-11
Use props
SupBro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2-9 14:47
"I cannot think of another company on the planet who handles customer service in this way."

Unfortunately there are some other companies.  For example: Trying to get a faulty professional router, replaced.  Only to get stuck with support, who's trouble shooting skills don't go much beyond: Is it turned on.  Have you rebooted it.  Have you tried differet pair of Ethernet cables.

I agree with what you're saying, however their products are not cheap. Consumers can spend upwards of $2500+ for their products, I can't image shopping at Louis Vuitton for a bag that costs this much and getting the same treatment.

I'm sure there are other companies who offer bad service, but at least their parts don't cost an arm and leg.
2020-2-11
Use props
SupBro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-9 08:36
Had a few problems with CS but they got sorted very quickly and satisfactory. I think a lot of the time they are pretty rigid and follow the line but know straining outside the box, so they are not very flexible, but I have to say 99% of products arrive on time, repairs and replacements also seem to be in line with service offered.
If this was 2015 I’d say yes real problems at dji CS, but I have seen huge improvements in such a short time, considering they are a private company different culture and different language.

You make some very good points, as a consumer, I am spoiled with Amazon, and Apple level of customer support, what they have found out is that there are multiple solutions to one problem. In the case of DJI, they have one way of doing things and that's it, there is no flexibility to try something else, even if it saves the customer weeks of frustration.
In my case, I sent my drone for repairs at their California facility, the entire process took about 4 weeks. I have multiple disagreements with their policy. 
1. I appreciate the 'FREE' shipping label, however, this is UPS ground, and for those of us in the east coast, it takes 4 business days of transit time just to make it there, I asked if I could pay for my own shipping USPS would ship there in 2 days, thereby cutting the time by 50%!!! DJI's official answer was no. I also asked them to provide me with faster shipping, their answer was also no.  I can't think of a multi-billion dollar company being this cheap and only offering customers ground shipping, to me, this is a very simple ask, sure your costs increase, but so does your customer satisfaction, i'm not saying offer it to everyone, but if its asked and demanded for legitimate reasons, do it right away. 2. They told me that my Mavic 2 would be repaired, not replaced with a refurbished unit. I have found, that everytime I have sent my product in for 'repairs' they end up sending me a refurbished unit as the S/N is no longer the same. This infuriates me, why lie to me and why not let me choose if I want a refurbished unit or to repair mine? What gives them the right to choose what to do with my property?3. When I finally received the package from their repair facility, the remote arrived broken, upon contacting DJI multiple times, their solution form their 'higher level' support was to ship the item back to the repair facility for analysis, while I am OK with this, I am not OK with having to wait another 4 weeks for the process to go through on something that wasn't my fault. I asked them to ship me a replacement controller in the meantime, the answer was no. I asked them to upgrade shipping, the answer was no, I kept trying to find ways to make my life easier, and at every step of the way the answer was no. At this point, it became clear to me, that they have no idea how to treat a customer and ease their frustrations. They choose profits over customer service. 
In summary, 
There are two approaches to solving customer issues 

1. Trust that your customer is telling the truth, give them the benefit of the doubt and do what's best for them, if it means shouldering faster shipping, so be it, at least you will have a customer for life. 
OR 

2. Do not trust your customer, fight them on every claim that they make, and lose them as a customer, why would I purchase another item when I know it's this difficult to get support when trouble comes?

My aim in this post is to teach DJI that their current way of doing business and treating customers is not acceptable. Wharton School of Business 101: Customer service is everything. 
2020-2-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

SupBro Posted at 2-11 11:29
You make some very good points, as a consumer, I am spoiled with Amazon, and Apple level of customer support, what they have found out is that there are multiple solutions to one problem. In the case of DJI, they have one way of doing things and that's it, there is no flexibility to try something else, even if it saves the customer weeks of frustration.
In my case, I sent my drone for repairs at their California facility, the entire process took about 4 weeks. I have multiple disagreements with their policy. 
1. I appreciate the 'FREE' shipping label, however, this is UPS ground, and for those of us in the east coast, it takes 4 business days of transit time just to make it there, I asked if I could pay for my own shipping USPS would ship there in 2 days, thereby cutting the time by 50%!!! DJI's official answer was no. I also asked them to provide me with faster shipping, their answer was also no.  I can't think of a multi-billion dollar company being this cheap and only offering customers ground shipping, to me, this is a very simple ask, sure your costs increase, but so does your customer satisfaction, i'm not saying offer it to everyone, but if its asked and demanded for legitimate reasons, do it right away. 2. They told me that my Mavic 2 would be repaired, not replaced with a refurbished unit. I have found, that everytime I have sent my product in for 'repairs' they end up sending me a refurbished unit as the S/N is no longer the same. This infuriates me, why lie to me and why not let me choose if I want a refurbished unit or to repair mine? What gives them the right to choose what to do with my property?3. When I finally received the package from their repair facility, the remote arrived broken, upon contacting DJI multiple times, their solution form their 'higher level' support was to ship the item back to the repair facility for analysis, while I am OK with this, I am not OK with having to wait another 4 weeks for the process to go through on something that wasn't my fault. I asked them to ship me a replacement controller in the meantime, the answer was no. I asked them to upgrade shipping, the answer was no, I kept trying to find ways to make my life easier, and at every step of the way the answer was no. At this point, it became clear to me, that they have no idea how to treat a customer and ease their frustrations. They choose profits over customer service. 

I think much is a learning curve for dji, they have built a huge company and obviously decided that developing tech and better drones was what people were looking for “First” because the huge appetite helped them grow to market share of over 75%, so hard to fault this and considering much more people complaining in the early years their share of the market never budged, so demand for their product and further product development was far outstripping the need for excellence in CS, these matters are nearly always driven by customers, customers like to complain about service, but will complain more if they don’t get new and innovative products, this can be clearly when new release products are becoming available, hundreds coming here to find out when why not now my drone is a day late why can’t I get combo now etc etc.

You say you would be prepared to pay extra for more efficient service, well dji do offer insurance programs and although mostly suited to commercial they are available to general user, like quick replacement drone while yours is being repaired etc as well as a whole host of other premium services.
But it is extremely expensive.
I agree that there should be options and CS should be allowed think outside the box and show some common sense, programs and managers should be available for situations that are outside the norm etc, I’m sure it will get there someday, I have to say from what I read here on this forum certainly over the last two years customer service has greatly improved, and someone like you who believes they are completely useless are very much in the minority.
This is partly born out by your poll, only a dozen people voted and only 4 said they would never buy again .
2020-2-11
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

SupBro Posted at 2-11 07:54
If i had never dealt with their customers service, i would have a different opinion of them

Hopefully things will be better for you.
2020-2-11
Use props
SupBro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-11 16:54
I think much is a learning curve for dji, they have built a huge company and obviously decided that developing tech and better drones was what people were looking for “First” because the huge appetite helped them grow to market share of over 75%, so hard to fault this and considering much more people complaining in the early years their share of the market never budged, so demand for their product and further product development was far outstripping the need for excellence in CS, these matters are nearly always driven by customers, customers like to complain about service, but will complain more if they don’t get new and innovative products, this can be clearly when new release products are becoming available, hundreds coming here to find out when why not now my drone is a day late why can’t I get combo now etc etc.

You say you would be prepared to pay extra for more efficient service, well dji do offer insurance programs and although mostly suited to commercial they are available to general user, like quick replacement drone while yours is being repaired etc as well as a whole host of other premium services.

Only 4 said they would buy again, and the poll is still open.
2020-2-12
Use props
SupBro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2-11 20:48
Hopefully things will be better for you.

Thanks. I hope so too
2020-2-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

SupBro Posted at 2-12 11:48
Only 4 said they would buy again, and the poll is still open.

I know, but just take a look around see how many have more than one product under their belt, I don’t think that dji are yet loosing customers and I believe they will be the first to realize this.

I do think we will see more and more improvements in CS, I also think learning how to use their CS also helps and is a lot less frustrating.

2020-2-12
Use props
SupBro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI has openly admited to me that they are aware of shrinking market share due to this, this post is mostly aimed at informing customers about on-going issues, so they know what to expect and  not for me to replace their sales and marketing department.

purely informational
2020-2-12
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks. I hope so too

Very welcome.
2020-2-12
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks. I hope so too

Very welcome.
2020-2-12
Use props
Snoopybris
lvl.4
Flight distance : 457343 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks for doing the survey
2020-2-12
Use props
SupBro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Snoopybris Posted at 2-12 16:08
Thanks for doing the survey

No problem, glad your participated.
2020-2-13
Use props
Snoopybris
lvl.4
Flight distance : 457343 ft
  • >>>
Australia

SupBro Posted at 2-13 08:11
No problem, glad your participated.

my pleasure to help
2020-2-13
Use props
Just a Customer
lvl.1

United States

Posted the following elsewhere online and filed it with BBB. NOBODY should have to experience what some of us have with DJI customer disservice. They should be embarrassed but they just don't care.

FACT - my Phantom 4 worked fine until I had to download the DJI GO4 app. There was an immediate problem and the drone and controller were clearly having communication issues. Others have had the very same problem. DJI, incredibly, denies this, "If it's the software that caused this, then all of the Phantom 4 user experienced the same."  They said that AFTER they said this - "We understand that the problem seems to start after the new app has been downloaded", so the fact is they will lie to you. Or at least some of them will. The honest comment came from a first level customer service rep in November, the dishonest comment came from Francis, a technical supervisor in February.

Three+ months and 30+ emails (all kept to substantiate) and they still think I should pay $438.30 (hey, discounted 10% from the original $487!) to fix it. They claim a hard landing (it's their go-to response to stick the blame on the customer) caused THE BOARD IN THE CONTROLLER TO FAIL!!  They've sent responses that imply it was the first time I contacted them. They ignore specific questions and information and just stick to their script. They came back to me a few times about the warranty being out of date. It's not a warranty issue, I never mentioned warranty, why are we (again) talking about warranty? We're talking about your app disabling my drone and then nothing being done about it!

After their most recent response saying I can pay or they will just send it back, I said send it back. I intend to make a video while I blow the thing apart. My guess is that a prospective DJI customer watching an actual DJI customer blow up a $1500 drone will send that buyer elsewhere. After telling supervisor Francis that this was what I intended to do, "We apologize for the inconvenience." is what was offered up. An inconvenience??? That's what they call it when they disable a $1500 customer drone and refuse to fix it!

While I'm out $1500 it is my hope that this review will save countless others the agony of dealing with dishonest DJI and will ultimately cost DJI far more than $438.30 in lost sales and margin. They truly deserve it.

Do not make the same mistake I did - DJI has a lousy track record, it's well documented now. There are far better options out there.

Worst customer service experience of my life.
2020-2-17
Use props
SupBro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Just a Customer Posted at 2-17 11:02
Posted the following elsewhere online and filed it with BBB. NOBODY should have to experience what some of us have with DJI customer disservice. They should be embarrassed but they just don't care.

FACT - my Phantom 4 worked fine until I had to download the DJI GO4 app. There was an immediate problem and the drone and controller were clearly having communication issues. Others have had the very same problem. DJI, incredibly, denies this, "If it's the software that caused this, then all of the Phantom 4 user experienced the same."  They said that AFTER they said this - "We understand that the problem seems to start after the new app has been downloaded", so the fact is they will lie to you. Or at least some of them will. The honest comment came from a first level customer service rep in November, the dishonest comment came from Francis, a technical supervisor in February.

Just a customer,

Thank you for sharing your story, this is exactly my goal with this post is to make others aware of the agony of dealing with their customer service, as experienced by other customers.  I agree with all the points you made.
2020-2-18
Use props
SupBro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

This is getting a lot of responses

DJI Moderators: Please take notice and show your upper management!
2020-2-18
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

My one and only time with Live chat was about as productive as trying to nail jelly to a wall, It's like they dont even read what you write. Also  too many times in threads i see DJI generic responses and then no one ever gets back to the OP re issues raised.
2020-2-18
Use props
Just a Customer
lvl.1

United States

SupBro, thanks for starting the thread. I don't think we'll help anybody that is undecided as it seems everyone here is already committed. We will hold out hope that they never have to contact DJI.

When DJI customer service rep elevated my case to my pal Francis I asked for a summation of my case just so I knew that it had been reviewed. Nothing. Another time I said it seems illogical that a hard landing could damage a control board in a remote. Nothing. Other similar examples, they just ignore questions and comments.

They clearly know they have customer service problems yet there isn't even an intelligent dialogue taking place. Seems obvious it's one of two things - they are incompetent and cannot fix the problem, or they just don't care about fixing the problem. Either one is bad news for any poor soul who has to interact with them. There is no excuse for ANY company to be this bad at dealing with their own customers.  
2020-2-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules