Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
garyphayes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 27840676 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi there

Had my Mavic Pro 1 for nearly two years (my main drone is P4p) - it has performed fine over many hours of flight in many countries

But after a basic flight yesterday all was good, put it away with gimbal clamp on as normal. Started it up again yesterday afternoon and it had clicking when the gimbal tried to initialize and then it sat in a right facing up position.

Read a few posts. Did the start up holding 90 degrees and it pointed forward, but lost that position after a few minutes. Also downgraded the firmware one back from latest. No change.

The gimbal is sitting correctly behind the L bracket and has full movement.

Calibration will happen using the 90 degree tilt, but gets to about 50-60% and won't get further as it suddenly flips upwards and doesn't seem to like that. See attached video.

Any thoughts beyond sending it in, buying another assembly and doing DIY ... given it just started out of the blue off the back of normal flights and filming, surely must be software?

Cheers Gary https://garyphayes.photography/wp-content/video/VID_20200124_095452.mp4
2020-1-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this matter. did the drone experienced any hard landing or crash recently? Is the clicking sound only present during the self test? Are you seeing any error code when encountering this issue. Kindly please provide a short video of the said issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-1-23
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-23 16:02
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this matter. did the drone experienced any hard landing or crash recently? Is the clicking sound only present during the self test? Are you seeing any error code when encountering this issue. Kindly please provide a short video of the said issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Thanks Paladin - No hard landing or crash whatsoever. Clicking only heard during start-up and gimbal overload warning during startup too. There is a video link of the calibration in first message... Thanks
2020-1-23
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-23 16:02
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this matter. did the drone experienced any hard landing or crash recently? Is the clicking sound only present during the self test? Are you seeing any error code when encountering this issue. Kindly please provide a short video of the said issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Hi Paladin - here is the start up sequence in video

https://garyphayes.photography/w ... 20200124_163629.mp4
2020-1-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Is it that slow (moving)
Mine is doing those things very rapidly?
2020-1-24
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Montfrooij Posted at 1-24 07:18
Is it that slow (moving)
Mine is doing those things very rapidly?

The first video is the normal slow calibration, the 2nd is the faster startup
2020-1-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

garyphayes Posted at 1-23 19:10
Thanks Paladin - No hard landing or crash whatsoever. Clicking only heard during start-up and gimbal overload warning during startup too. There is a video link of the calibration in first message... Thanks

Hi. Thank you for the update with regards to this concern, based on the video. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team to further diagnose, analyze and repair the said drone. Please note that the repair cost will depend on the said warranty period of the drone otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you.
2020-1-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

garyphayes Posted at 1-24 11:39
The first video is the normal slow calibration, the 2nd is the faster startup

Ok, I see.
2020-1-25
Use props