2020-1-24
Use props
SD_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks DA.

By the way if anyone is traveling to St. Maarten, St.Kitts/Nevis, Antigua, St. Lucia and/or Barbados, you can definitely fly your drone with the exception of Barbados.

Barbados currently has a ban on drones. (Yep, I was actually shocked to hear that.) Spoke to a local and he'd mentioned of rogue 'wannbe' drone pilots causing problems in main city areas. He'd said that you can fly a drone but need special permission from the Barbados Aviation Authority which had to be done 3 weeks previously. I didn't have time so decided not to fly there. Well I guess there are probably areas you could but I didn't want to take chance and decided to play it safe.
2020-1-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Apparently you shouldn't even take a drone to Barbados - https://drone-traveller.com/drone-laws-barbados/
2020-1-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fantastic video.  Thanks for sharing.
2020-1-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Here's a little update from a couple of months ago about drones in Barbados. LINK TO ARTICLE

19th November 2019 Update: The process for obtaining a temporary import license has been updated.

The current steps for a visitor to obtain a temporary permit are detailed below and should be carried out 6 weeks in advance of your arrival:

- You must provide proof of public liability insurance for at least $250,000 USD that is valid for Barbados. For reference, some of our members have had good experiences with the IDRA for drone insurance coverage.  LINK TO IDRA
- List the locations you plan to fly in Barbados.
- Write a letter requesting permission to temporarily import your drone. This can be done through a letter to the Prime Minister's Office, or, via email to Chauntel.watts@barbados.gov.bb
- Apply to the Telecommunications Unit (located on Floor 3 of the Boabab Tower, Warrens) for a radio license ($30.00 BDS) either in person, or by third party, filling out the form downloaded from their website.  Form Download

The Barbados UAV Association has launched a service for Step 4 of this process to undertake this on your behalf.  Barbados UAV Association

2020-1-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very cool video!
2020-1-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

PS, I subscribed to your channel.
Mine is http://www.youtube.com/c/tricksandtipsnl
2020-1-24
Use props
SD_Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-24 06:09
Here's a little update from a couple of months ago about drones in Barbados. LINK TO ARTICLE

Yes I recall reviewing these instructions online and although they 'Aviation dept' emailed me back, I was only 1 week before heading there so decided not to proceed. They also want you to provide exact location as to where you plan to fly.

Besides it wasn't a big deal because I knew I would be able to spend plenty of flying in other beautiful island locations. It wasn't worth going through all the hoops in Barbados.

2020-1-24
Use props
SD_Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks, Monty.
2020-1-24
Use props
SD_Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-24 05:20
Apparently you shouldn't even take a drone to Barbados - https://drone-traveller.com/drone-laws-barbados/

I didn't fly in; was a passenger on a ship.
2020-1-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
2020-1-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

SD_Pilot Posted at 1-24 09:45
Yes I recall reviewing these instructions online and although they 'Aviation dept' emailed me back, I was only 1 week before heading there so decided not to proceed. They also want you to provide exact location as to where you plan to fly.

Besides it wasn't a big deal because I knew I would be able to spend plenty of flying in other beautiful island locations. It wasn't worth going through all the hoops in Barbados.

It really is a lot of hoops to jump through even if you have some lead time before a trip to Barbados.  Although for that beautiful scenery it would probably be worth the effort.  Anyway, glad you were able to capture lots of great footage.
2020-1-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SD_Pilot Posted at 1-24 09:49
I didn't fly in; passenger on a ship.

Good job by the sounds of it.
2020-1-25
Use props