1570 1 2020-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ARCHITECTPHOTOG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2730978 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hello,  I am trying to configure the offset values for the RTK antennas  on a M600 Pro.  Can anyone provide a screenshot of their setup or  confirm the gravitational centre of the M600 as indicated in the  following FAQ on the RTK Page.  I'm guessing its the centre of the craft  ?

Thank you.

Raef

Measure the distance between the gravitational center and the center of the antennas and enter that as the offset parameter.

2020-1-23
Use props
mctaylor
lvl.2
United States

The FAQ is referring the CG of the aircraft, assumedly.  There are translation errors that seem to be injected when speaking to technical terms.

I used the center of the aircraft's top mounting plate where the FC and everything else is placed within the hull.  That would be the physical center of the aircraft as it relates to the the other GPS heads.
However, I do not believe that it matters because you are providing the offset of the antennas as they relate to whatever center you are referencing.

If you are concerned about the approx center of the camera and photo frame, you will need to have the camera lens center mounted according to the RTK center OR incorporate the Intelli-G Long Range module and RTK add-on so that you have geo-tagged info for each photo.
https://intelli-g.com/

I watched this DJI video and the offsets did not make sense to me regarding the Z axis and the negative measurements.  I expected those to be in the positive direction.
Additionally, the Z axis measurements would vary when considering the mounting method.  My RTKs sit atop a mounting plate, above the FC cover.  That adds significant "height" to the Z axis.

I came upon this video and comments but it is far from an answer
https://forum.dji.com/thread-71275-1-1.html

BTW, DJI has abandoned the D-RTK since they now are producing the 2nd generation RTK for the M series aircraft, so good luck with an answer from them... they are the WORST at answering question regarding "old" technologies, regardless of the price you may have paid. You are now dead to them.

I have two M600s and I think they are great, but DJI intentionally kills of their tech via firmware upgrades or lack thereof - if you are unaware.

My recommendation would be to consider another vendor at some point in the future since others are now offering RTK and additional capabilities.
2020-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules