1428 23 2020-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NabinMewahang
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1202864 ft
South Korea

Hello,

Today i was flying my mavic 2 at the distance of 2000m and altitude of 40m, remote controller disconnected and did not RTH. I adjusted RTH altitude 80m. I waited about 10-15 minutes but not connect to Remote Controller and i finally asumed it crashed. and i fellow GPS location and found it but felt down on concrete. and partially damaged .
I am still wondering the reason of crashing in that way? Can someone tell me the reason? And if it is caused by system failure then can i get replacement?
If DJI gives replacement what are the process of getting replacement?

Thnaks

FB_IMG_1579839606538.jpg
20200124_101155.jpg
2020-1-23
Use props
bikoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1534987 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Try posting your log here -https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/Upload/
2020-1-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can start the repair/replacement process here - https://www.dji.com/uk/service/repair but as other said post your log first.
2020-1-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us and we're deeply sorry for the incident happened to your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. I will highly recommend you to contact our support team at DJI Support to open up a ticket case. We do have our professional team who will handle and perform further analysis on what would be the exact reason for the crashed. A corresponding resolution will be provided once we receive the unit. Please note that DJI can only perform data analysis for units falling within the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2020-1-24
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

40 meters altitude is not suitable at 2000 meters distance if not flying in a desert that is a normal reason for disconnection. Altitude better be around 70 meters at that distance.
2020-1-24
Use props
NabinMewahang
lvl.2
South Korea

bikoo Posted at 1-23 22:41
Try posting your log here -https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/Upload/

Thanks, it is flight records https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/KP2XI7O1STTZ44BF0XJ1
2020-1-24
Use props
NabinMewahang
lvl.2
South Korea

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-24 08:22
Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us and we're deeply sorry for the incident happened to your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. I will highly recommend you to contact our support team at DJI Support to open up a ticket case. We do have our professional team who will handle and perform further analysis on what would be the exact reason for the crashed. A corresponding resolution will be provided once we receive the unit. Please note that DJI can only perform data analysis for units falling within the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

Thanks! could you see and tell me, what's the reason of crash..... its  flight record https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/KP2XI7O1STTZ44BF0XJ1
2020-1-24
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 1-24 09:09
40 meters altitude is not suitable at 2000 meters distance if not flying in a desert that is a normal reason for disconnection. Altitude better be around 70 meters at that distance.

I agree; way too low of altitude for being over 6000 ft away from the home point. Early on as you started the AC, the message indicated 150 m so you have plenty of altitude to play with.  Wonder if that bridge you passed and low altitude had any effect on your connection.
Sure JJB will coming around and provide an additional analysis.
2020-1-24
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like it could have flown into straight into the side of that High Rise building?    Lost the signal going 31mph.....that building is higher than 40m

Randy
2020-1-24
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Sorry for your loss.

Looks like it flew into a buidling.

First part after the bridge flying aligned with the river, than more backwards....
Camera pointed to the other side (red line is cam view line), so you never saw the buildings came closer.
No errors in your flight.Height of 40 meters to the far distance out could result in loosing connection.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2020-1-25
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://earth.google.com/web/@37.5343123,127.10613709,54.25030157a,0d,35y,39.185814h,98.4236375t,0r/data=MgYKBAoCCgA
2020-1-25
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 1-25 02:03
Hi,

Sorry for your loss.

How did you get the green line to be that thick on the height?
2020-1-25
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

AntDX316 Posted at 1-25 02:26
How did you get the green line to be that thick on the height?

Hi,

i write my own KML files, use like this in a file:
'<LineString>'                           
'<extrude>1</extrude>'                                       
'<tessellate>0</tessellate>'                                 
'<altitudeMode>relativeToGround</altitudeMode>'      

height in my chart is the height flown as the barometric data in a log

cheers
JJB
2020-1-25
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 1-25 05:14
Hi,

i write my own KML files, use like this in a file:

Where do you upload that to?
2020-1-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

NabinMewahang Posted at 1-24 18:03
Thanks! could you see and tell me, what's the reason of crash..... its  flight record https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/KP2XI7O1STTZ44BF0XJ1

Our data analysis team is the one who can only provide you an answer to this query. However, hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI pilot here in Forum. Thank you for your support!
2020-1-26
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-26 13:45
Our data analysis team is the one who can only provide you an answer to this query. However, hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI pilot here in Forum. Thank you for your support!

Late to the party, JJB took care of it. You guys should be paying him.
2020-1-26
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Did you see any buildings/structures around you after crossing the bridge? Did you go over the bridge or through the bridge as you passed it?

2020-1-26
Use props
NabinMewahang
lvl.2
South Korea

Yes, i saw building and passed over the bridge.
2020-1-26
Use props
djiuser_MIP5k9TvlZ4V
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6952 ft

United States

Hi!  Did you ever find a cause for the disconnect?  I've flown my drone twice and both times it's disconnected. Thankfully it was in sight and I was able to fly it back and land it.
2020-1-30
Use props
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1033222 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Luckily I've never crashed or lost my MP2 but this disconnection thing has happened to me a few times. I changed my cable to use the lower USB socket but it still does it from time to time. When it does, the phone screen goes grey and has disconnected written on it. its also written on the RC screen but I still have control, just no video feed or info at all. I've always been sight of the drone though.
also usually within a minute or two it comes back. on occasions I've had to turn the rc off and on. Automatic RTH doesn't always occur either but sometimes it does.
I'd say this has happened to be about 10 times since I got the drone 6 months or so ago. its weird and it makes me nervous about flying any distance away or over water.
Other than that I have no other issues at all. But I have read of this issue with a few people.
any ideas?
2020-1-30
Use props
Allholy1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6952 ft

United States

Dublinphantom Posted at 1-30 02:30
Luckily I've never crashed or lost my MP2 but this disconnection thing has happened to me a few times. I changed my cable to use the lower USB socket but it still does it from time to time. When it does, the phone screen goes grey and has disconnected written on it. its also written on the RC screen but I still have control, just no video feed or info at all. I've always been sight of the drone though.
also usually within a minute or two it comes back. on occasions I've had to turn the rc off and on. Automatic RTH doesn't always occur either but sometimes it does.
I'd say this has happened to be about 10 times since I got the drone 6 months or so ago. its weird and it makes me nervous about flying any distance away or over water.

I'm the one who posted above you.  I experienced it a third time about 45 minutes ago. That's about 3//3 flights now that this has happened.  I checked all the cables this time and they were securely plugged in. I tried unplugging my iPad and plugging it in again and it reconnected immediately. I'm sure it will disconnect again and I'll see if just unplugging and plugging in the cables works.
2020-1-30
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I had tons of miles/hours on my MPII and I've never, ever experienced any kind of disconnections. This thing is a BEAST ! I think the OCCUSYNC system is one of the best things DJI has going for them. All my other DJI and other drones can't match it not even the P4P2.0. IMHO.
2020-1-30
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

SD_Pilot Posted at 1-30 07:05
I had tons of miles/hours on my MPII and I've never, ever experienced any kind of disconnections. This thing is a BEAST ! I think the OCCUSYNC system is one of the best things DJI has going for them. All my other DJI and other drones can't match it not even the P4P2.0. IMHO.

Agreed!!  Occusync

So much so that I bought the P4P V2 earlier this month.  My V1 is 2 years and a month old....working great!!!  But as a business,  need to be sure I have the proper aircraft for the job.

M2Pro for CRE and Residential, as well as Construction Progress

P4P V2 for the Mapping jobs.....both AC have paid for themselves.

Randy
2020-1-30
Use props
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1033222 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Allholy1 Posted at 1-30 06:32
I'm the one who posted above you.  I experienced it a third time about 45 minutes ago. That's about 3//3 flights now that this has happened.  I checked all the cables this time and they were securely plugged in. I tried unplugging my iPad and plugging it in again and it reconnected immediately. I'm sure it will disconnect again and I'll see if just unplugging and plugging in the cables works.

I wonder is this a software issue. It seems to be as many have had it. you use an IPAD, I use a Samsung S10plus. I dont have any other disconnection issues using the same cable with other devices. I can only imagine its a software issue in the RC?
I wonder does DJI know anything about it?
2020-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules