EMERGENCY SHUTDOWN.
4379 6 2020-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WRA!TH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12175 ft
Australia

Dji drones have an emergency shutdown. has anyone here ever had to use it mid flight and if so what was the result of the sudden stop when the drone hit the ground. i have seen the setting for it and it has always made me curious if anyone has had a genuine reason for use.
2020-1-23
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft
United States

Never used it myself. Sudden stops and long falls will probably result in a broken drone. You can shut off that command on the Phantoms and the Mavic 2 gives you an option to shut down only if the drone hits something is my understanding.
2020-1-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Never used it,  but I would if I had a flyaway that was going to hit something like a hot air ballon or helicopter etc.
2020-1-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. Stopping the motors of the DJI Mavic Mini in mid-flight will cause the aircraft to crash. The motors should only be stopped mid-flight in an emergency situation such as if there is a collision, a motor has stalled, the aircraft is rolling in the air, or the aircraft is out of control and is ascending/descending very quickly. To stop the motors mid-flight, use the Control Stick Command ( CSC ). Thank you.
2020-1-27
Use props
WRATH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12175 ft
Australia

yeah i was more wondering if anyone had used it.
2020-2-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day WRATH. Thank you for the additional information you have shared. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.
2020-2-17
Use props
djiuser_WGBb3ZCXo3vn
New
Flight distance : 22093 ft
Denmark

I had a situation today where I would like to have used emergency shutdown. Collision with a tree. It's better to shut down than chaotically crashing with full power through trees and shrubs.
Unfortunately I couldn't locate the shutdown function in DJI Fly, when I needed it. My Mavic Mini took a lot of damage and maybe some of it could have been avoided if I had managed to shut it down immediately when I recognized that it was crashing.
Note to self: Don't fly backwards while looking at camera feed. XD XD
2022-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules