Backpack For Mountain Biking?
3730 17 2020-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
grmtylr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29767 ft
United Kingdom

I've recently been given a Mavic Mini as a gift and was planning on taking it out woth me when I'm mountain biking.
For any other mountain bikers here, what backpack do you use to carry the Mini?

I don't have many shops nearby with a good range and don't want to have to order loads online to see what size fits.

2020-1-24
Use props
oxid8ter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20935 ft
United Kingdom

Do you use a hydration pack? If not any standard size "school bag" (20l+) would have more than enough room.
I have an Evoc Stage 12l and i could cram my Mavic Air in with a bit of a tight squeeze. Potentially that would fit your Mini but to save the risk (and have room for a hydration pack if desired) i would look at larger range.
2020-1-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our valued DJI members here in Forum. Thank you for your valued support!

2020-1-24
Use props
Denny-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 899875 ft
Germany

I got myself this one for biking, before i got the Drone.  The FlyMoreCombo Case and a small Landing Pad fit perfectly.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product ... anguage=en_GB&psc=1
IMG_20200124_173038_1.jpg
2020-1-24
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

I use a Osprey 15 lt cycle pack, I invested in too small EVA hard cases, one for the remote, one for the Mini.  Well protected in case of a crash
2020-1-24
Use props
Hover-Fly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2425 ft
United Kingdom

At present they don't make a rucksack ( only case ) but it can't be too long before they do. https://mc-cases.com/dji-mavic-mini-carrying-case .I have rucksack/cases from them for my bigger kit. Cheers and regards.
2020-1-24
Use props
grmtylr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29767 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
I don't currently ride with a pack but I have an Osprey 15L rucksack I use when I'm out walking so will give that a try.
I'm on holiday in the US in a few weeks so might have a look for an Evoc pack when I'm out there as they're crazy expensive here in the UK!
2020-1-25
Use props
H.Franco
lvl.1

United States

i purchased a backpack for mountain biking in best price from
https://www.ustradeent.com/shop/bags.html

2020-11-5
Use props
djiuser_vrk8CiMj3mnE
New

United States

i purchased a backpack for mountain biking, I wondered the quality was so high & also comfortable padded shoulder straps from apparelshopusa_com
2021-3-16
Use props
daltonbourne
New

United States

With the ROCKBROS mountain bike travel case, I can easily bring my bike when travelling. I like how this travel case was made from high-quality 600D Oxford fabric material for the outer layer, making it sturdy and long-lasting. It also comes with pockets inside to store our bike’s tools, plus outside pockets for small items. One thing that this travel case has amazed me is its triple protection features. First, there is room for the wheels, which feature fixing buckles to prevent crashing between the tires. 
2022-1-21
Use props
Occams Razor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 423497 ft
United States

I normally ride with a Camelbak Mule and one option I have used is to carry my Mini in a camera lens case that's clipped to the hydration pack.   I also have a couple of camera backpacks with hydration sleeves - I believe they still make the Lowepro Photosport series.  Since you don't normally carry a hydration pack, I would look at one of the small camera sling bags from Lowepro, Thinktank or one other main camera pack companies.
2022-1-21
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

I reckon you get a high capacity hydration pack and pack the remote, drone inside. It has realistically about 25min air time and you should have enough to deal with a ride worth of footages. Leave that combo case home... Get a pouch and prop protector for the drone so it is protect in a pile stuff in the cargo. Mini is not particularly good for shooting your on the move because it has no follow me and obstacle avoidance beside the bottom. You can let a buddy fly it and film you while you ride. If you want to solo film you riding consider Air 2S...
2022-1-24
Use props
daltonbourne
New

United States

daltonbourne Posted at 1-21 04:05
With the ROCKBROS mountain bike travel case, I can easily bring my bike when travelling. I like how this travel case was made from high-quality 600D Oxford fabric material for the outer layer, making it sturdy and long-lasting. It also comes with pockets inside to store our bike’s tools, plus outside pockets for small items. One thing that this travel case has amazed me is its triple protection features. First, there is room for the wheels, which feature fixing buckles to prevent crashing between the tires.

The only issue I’ve encountered with this product is about the lacking handles. Not all the time that you want to roll the case, so it would have been easier to lift or carry it if there are handles on the sides. We can never go wrong with the bike travel case. It truly gets the job done right; no wonder why many would not hesitate to grab this mountain bike travel case.
2022-2-7
Use props
Chad Drewery
lvl.1

United States

I made a molle case for my Mini 2 out of a semi hard shell Mini 2 case and Velcro straps.  

I'd post links and photos, but the forum doesn't let me.

I purchased a hard shell case for the mini 2 from Amazon that is molded to fit the Mini 2, RC, and 2 batteries.

Then I measured the molle spacing on my hydration pack that has the molle system on it, marked the spaces to cut, then used a 900°F soldering iron with a bladed tip to slowly cut the slits through the outter shell only.

I threaded the velcro straps through using a bore cleaning rod and a twist tie.

It's not super easy to put on or remove from the hydration pack, but that's also a good thing to me. I don't want it falling off while riding the trails.

The case provides more protection for the drone than just strapping a molle bag to the backpack, but I couldn't find any premade.

I doubt it would save the drone from a yard sale crash if landing on it, but it's certainly a good level of protection from everyday riding out in the woods.
2022-3-25
Use props
Chad Drewery
lvl.1

United States

Chad Drewery Posted at 3-25 12:45
I made a molle case for my Mini 2 out of a semi hard shell Mini 2 case and Velcro straps.  

I'd post links and photos, but the forum doesn't let me.

2022-3-25
Use props
Chad Drewery
lvl.1

United States

2022-3-25
Use props
Chad Drewery
lvl.1

United States

2022-3-25
Use props
Dazzer2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1207 ft
United Kingdom

I think there's only one way to cut out bright sunlight. I can't be alone in the drone frustration I have. In simple terms I take my drone on holiday/travelling and then want to take on a walk, car journey, etc. to whip out when the opportunity arrives. The basic problems are 1. Deploying the drone is a pain…Every method of carrying a drone means a frustrating  set up especially if  it's bright sunlight and I need a shade of some kind.  Even when I've got get good at unpacking, it can take 10 mins to set up and then 10 minutes to pack away.  In most of the places I go I want a quick 5-10 min video and be gone and so the 20 mins set up and pack away is fiddly, difficult (on the floor of a dirty track) and infuriating. 2. Bright sunlight is an absolute pain.  There are lots of  sunshades but frankly in bright sunlight they're next to useless not least because you need to be able to read the small text on the screen that might be saying something like "SD card full not recording".  Add to that they're difficult to carry around without damaging (in the drone backpack), fiddly to set up and easily broken. 3. Screen size is a problem.  It's all very  well using a small phone to view what the drone is filming but small screens mean even smaller text and again that can be a big problem  Sure I can use a tablet but that means lugging more weight, a much bigger more cumbersome sunshade, etc.    It's especially a problem for those of us who are long sighted and need glasses to read the close stuff.  It means juggling glasses on your head to see the screens and then moving to see the drone at longer range. 4. Transporting for plane travel, etc is difficult.   To take a drone on your travels/holidays means using up your onboard carry allowance with a dedicated drone bag.  There's no easy alternative to folding down the backpack (I need to carry the drone on a walk/bus, etc) into my carry-on. I can't be alone in these frustrations but despite looking through the forums I haven't seen anyone commenting on them as a whole. I have a solution though... it's taken me hours of trial and error, and I've had to refine skills in cardboard folding, sewing,  gluing and design.. but, for me, the result is awesome.   I'm absolutely thrilled with the (final) end result and am posting just in case others might benefit.  (NB this one is for Mavic Pro but principles apply to all drones and I've just finished a new and much improved version for Mini 3 Pro) I've made the first and only backpack, I know of, that easily, safely and securely carries the drone, controller, etc, is really quick to deploy, is a complete blackout sunshade, incorporates optics (glasses) and folds completely flat to pack in hand or hold luggage.   Consists of four parts...   1) Outer shell - ripstop nylon 2) Protective Frame - vinyl covered cardboard (possibly overkill?) 3) Carry Box / Backpack frame - cardboard frame 4) Sunshade - Cardboard box (usable without backpack or inside backpack) It's a bit difficult to explain in simple words and so I've posted some pictures Thoughts / comments?
2022-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules