Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Always take photo from same spot
96 11 1-24 05:17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
casellini
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108 ft
Germany

Hello,

I habe a Mavic 2 Pro.

On a construction site, I would like to take each day a photo from the same spot (same altitude, same direction and camera tilt).

At the end of costruciton I should be able to create an animation by displaying all photos one after the other in 1 second interval.

To be able to do so, all photos must bepretty precisely from the same altitude and direction to be able to superimpose all images.

Starting from the same spot and reaching the same altitude every day, that is easy. But direction and camera tilt are the issue

Any idean on how to do this?

Regards

Norbert

1-24 05:17
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1523698 ft
United States

Can you use waypoints to do this? That's a feature I've wanted to try but have yet to get to.  If DJI Go 4's waypoints feature doesn't allow for camera posistion and tilt, I believe Litchi does.
1-24 07:10
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
United States

Check this out: https://www.mavichelp.com/Tips/h ... nts-20-in-dji-go.44

HOW TO: Fly automated missions with Waypoints 2.0 in DJI GO (The Complete Guide)Overview
Use Waypoints 2.0 to create and automatically fly highly customizable waypoint missions in DJI GO with your Mavic 2 Pro or Mavic 2 Zoom. This intelligent flight mode allows you to:

• Create or edit missions while your drone is on the ground
  • Create a mission that includes a set of points where the drone will automatically fly to
  • Set the altitude, aircraft speed, aircraft direction, gimbal pitch, and camera direction for each waypoint
  • Create points of interest (POIs) to make the camera point at an object or in a specific direction as it flies
  • Take a photo, start recording video, or stop recording video when the drone reaches any waypoint
  • Save and reload missions (so you can fly the same route later)
  • Automatically fly the mission (even if the remote controller disconnects)

1-24 07:14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 1724619 ft
Netherlands

Tough one.
I did this with a ground camera + tripod and even the slightest change in location / direction will result in jumps.
But....
It is worth it.
1-24 07:28
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
United States

Tried waypoints on my Mavic Pro yesterday -- pretty cool -- but you are lucky that you have a Mavic Pro 2 because the original lacks the ability to store gimbal pitch, only camera direction.
1-26 09:59
Use props
ralettatech2020
lvl.1

India

Have you used a tripod while taking the photo, if not try to use a tripod by which you can set a position whatever you want and then lock that position for the future. I'm providing Animation Courses too, if you are interested then I'll help you there more.
1-31 00:26
Use props
ralettatech2020
lvl.1

India

Have you used a tripod while taking the photo, if not try to use a tripod by which you can set a position whatever you want and then lock that position for the future? I'm providing Animation Courses too, if you are interested then I'll help you there more.
1-31 00:31
Use props
ralettatech2020
lvl.1

India

Have you used a tripod while taking the photo, if not try to use a tripod by which you can set a position whatever you want and then lock that position for the future? I'm providing Animation Courses too, if you are interested then I'll help you there more.
1-31 00:37
Use props
ralettatech2020
lvl.1

India

1-31 00:42
Use props
ralettatech2020
lvl.1

India

Have you used a tripod while taking the photo, if not try to use a tripod by which you can set a position whatever you want and then lock that position for the future? I'm providing  https://www.raletta.in/blog/animation-courses/ Animation Courses too, if you are interested then I'll help you there more.
1-31 00:45
Use props
oxid8ter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1047 ft

United Kingdom

Could you make a note of the compass direction and pitch from within the app potentially?

You say you can take off and get to same altitude. On the right side of the screen in Go 4 App is what looks like a zoom slider, but is in fact the gimbal pitch.

If you go into map mode then you could find a nearby item and ensure that the drone is always pointing in the direction of that item on the map (for example, an entrance to an estate). If you zoom in on the map when using this method then the mode accurate you can be, and the smaller an item you can use as a target to point your drone towards.
1-31 01:00
Use props
TrippleDelta
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1392936 ft
Belgium

I'm in the middle of the same project right now.
A combination of waypoints and pictures from the same position and hight and Photoshop to finish it.

It's far from perfect but I guess it will be fun to watch. When ready I'll post it here.
1-31 01:40
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules