4234 20 2020-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JackRyan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15810 ft
Italy

Hi All,
I'm the owner of a MM from about two weeks, I realized the I have a tilted horizon and calibrate IMU and gimal didn't resolve the problem.
With the MM turned on and place on the desk you can see how the gimbal is, and in flight I have the following result.
any suggestion will be appreciated.

2020-1-24
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

Which result do you have? ;)
Can't you change the Gimbal Position inflight?
You checked the Settings of the App with Gimbal positioning?

2020-1-24
Use props
JackRyan
lvl.1
Italy

2020-1-24
Use props
JackRyan
lvl.1
Italy

2020-1-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Usually IMU and gimbal will sort this, you probably have calibrated correctly but it is really important to calibrate on a level surface and to do this using a sprit level will insure this, if you have then ignore what I said.
It doesn’t seem to be a major problem with users I have seen one other case reported so if calibration doesn’t sort this it might require you sending in, you could also post some images, it may not help you but others who may have the problem and don’t know can use as a reference.

Sorry I can’t be of more help to you.
2020-1-24
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

Hm, OK. Maybe there's a faulty rubber inside the Gimbal. I would gt in contact with your Vendor and/or DJI.
2020-1-24
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Just manually calibrate the gimbal

It's in the same DJI Fly menu path, control / gimbal calibration/ manual

In manual you will be able to adjust it back to horizontal.

Also check if any of the 4 rubber gimbal mounts have come loose

DJI-Mavic-Mini-drone-teardown-guide-repair-gimbal-mounting-released-rear-1200x80.jpg
2020-1-24
Use props
JackRyan
lvl.1
Italy

lannes Posted at 1-24 06:01
Just manually calibrate the gimbal

It's in the same DJI Fly menu path, control / gimbal calibration/ manual

not properly, to have a good horizon i have toset a -2.7 on the horizontal and it is what i did today. the main problem is the if iwant to go straith ahead the gimbal is pointing slightly left and so it is impossible to have a precision flight.
2020-1-24
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

JackRyan Posted at 1-24 06:08
not properly, to have a good horizon i have toset a -2.7 on the horizontal and it is what i did today. the main problem is the if iwant to go straith ahead the gimbal is pointing slightly left and so it is impossible to have a precision flight.

In the manual settings you also have "yaw" settings to control which way the camera is pointing, doesn't this help to straighten it up.

Did the AC have a crash ?

2020-1-24
Use props
JackRyan
lvl.1
Italy

lannes Posted at 1-24 06:15
In the manual settings you also have "yaw" settings to control which way the camera is pointing, doesn't this help to straighten it up.

Did the AC have a crash ?

yes, I worked on the yaw setting and inside dji fly app is called horizontal in italian.

never crashed
2020-1-24
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Has to be a) faulty calibration, b) faulty rubber or c) faulty MM. I'd do a factory reset on all settings and make sure you're calibrating on a level surface. If that doesn't fix it, send it in for warranty repair.
2020-1-24
Use props
JackRyan
lvl.1
Italy

Paul_IA Posted at 1-24 06:28
Has to be a) faulty calibration, b) faulty rubber or c) faulty MM. I'd do a factory reset on all settings and make sure you're calibrating on a level surface. If that doesn't fix it, send it in for warranty repair.

how perform a factory reset ov everything? i mean MM, remote and app?
2020-1-24
Use props
Debugger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4865846 ft
  • >>>
Greece

In your 1st photo I see the left edge of the horizon to be lower than the right. But in the 2nd photo I see that the right side of the gimble which means that the right edge of the horizon should be lower that the left in the photo. The result on the 1st photo should be the opposite.
2020-1-24
Use props
JackRyan
lvl.1
Italy

Debugger Posted at 1-24 06:39
In your 1st photo I see the left edge of the horizon to be lower than the right. But in the 2nd photo I see that the right side of the gimble which means that the right edge of the horizon should be lower that the left in the photo. The result on the 1st photo should be the opposite.

you are right! I didn't notice it!!!!!
2020-1-24
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

JackRyan Posted at 1-24 06:30

I don't think a firmware refresh will help but this is how you do it for both the AC and RC

At 1.00 in the video it shows you how to do it via DJI Assistant 2, it is through this program on the PC that you can do a firmware "refresh" and a rest to factory settings.

2020-1-24
Use props
JackRyan
lvl.1
Italy

lannes Posted at 1-24 06:42
I don't think a firmware refresh will help but this is how you do it for both the AC and RC

At 1.00 in the video it shows you how to do it via DJI Assistant 2, it is through this program on the PC that you can do a firmware "refresh" and a rest to factory settings.

thank you Iannes, Did it with the dji support online. they suggested me to send it back. However is curious what @Debugger noticed.
2020-1-24
Use props
Debugger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4865846 ft
  • >>>
Greece

JackRyan Posted at 1-24 06:40
you are right! I didn't notice it!!!!!

No, actually I was wrong. With the right side of the gimbal lower you will get more ground and less sky. The photos are correct. Sorry!!!
2020-1-24
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

JackRyan Posted at 1-24 06:30

Factory reset MM

I don't think you need to reset the remote, but if you wanted to, it'd be the same procedure as above with the remote plugged in instead of the MM.
2020-1-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. It is best to let our DJI support team to do the diagnosis to find the cause of issue and a proper resolution will be provided. Thank you.
2020-1-24
Use props
Miixxa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 280682 ft
Finland

JackRyan Posted at 1-24 06:08
How did you figure the gimbal to be slanted on it's yaw axis also or is it as obvious as the roll?

Asking cause I also had the horizon tilted (not as radically though) before I manually corrected it with a laser level. I'm also noticing that when flying straight forward through fpv the drone seems to wander off to one side rather than where the camera is pointing and it didn't even occur to me that the gimbal yaw could be adjusted also...

Edit: Had to check it immediately and yeah, my gimbal roll has to be adjusted +0.4 and yaw to -2.3 for the camera to actually be straight. How did I miss the yaw adjustment as it's literally right there where I adjusted the roll, I don't know, but I'd say that your drone will be fixed by manual adjusts also.
2020-1-24
Use props
JackRyan
lvl.1
Italy

Hi again,the dji support invited me to bring the MM to store (dji store Rome ,Italy)
I have to admin that I’m really disappointed, two weeks to wait the MM delivered and today they reported 20days to have it again.
A last question, dji care: can be freeze? I know I can register a new serial for the MM will arrive but what about all the time I have to wait for this faulty MM?
Thank you
2020-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules